Cool/neat features of the IS that you discovered. - Club Lexus Forums


Cool/neat features of the IS that you discovered.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-19-06, 09:53 AM   #1
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sunny So Cal
Posts: 952
Default Cool/neat features of the IS that you discovered.

I found out last nite that if my key fob is on my body, I can go up to my side rear view mirrors, tap the bottom of it with my hand and the puddle lamps light up! The car's interior light would also light up too. I found this out by accident since I was showing a friend the puddle lamps and they just lit up when I touched them.

Anyone else have cool/neat features they'd like to share with the rest of us?

*Note: I know I could always read the manual to find out all of these things but in all honesty, who has time to read the manual?
Sexi_Lexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-06, 09:58 AM   #2
Advent
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: VA
Posts: 75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexi_Lexi
I found out last nite that if my key fob is on my body, I can go up to my side rear view mirrors, tap the bottom of it with my hand and the puddle lamps light up! The car's interior light would also light up too. I found this out by accident since I was showing a friend the puddle lamps and they just lit up when I touched them.

Anyone else have cool/neat features they'd like to share with the rest of us?

*Note: I know I could always read the manual to find out all of these things but in all honesty, who has time to read the manual?
Thats funny,mine just light up when i'm near the car. Try that..at night just walk up to the window they should come on without you hitting the button.
Advent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-06, 10:09 AM   #3
CaThaFeR
speshul c
iTrader: (1)
 
CaThaFeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Westbury, NY
Posts: 2,597
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexi_Lexi
I found out last nite that if my key fob is on my body, I can go up to my side rear view mirrors, tap the bottom of it with my hand and the puddle lamps light up! The car's interior light would also light up too. I found this out by accident since I was showing a friend the puddle lamps and they just lit up when I touched them.

Anyone else have cool/neat features they'd like to share with the rest of us?

*Note: I know I could always read the manual to find out all of these things but in all honesty, who has time to read the manual?
you shouldnt have to touch them for them to light up..they should come on when you walk by with the keyfob..you should try to make sure they are working correctly
CaThaFeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-06, 10:11 AM   #4
G35TOIS350
Lexus Test Driver
 
G35TOIS350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: IN
Posts: 894
Default

not a feature but noticed with the moon roof popped up, if you have the vent on re-circulate the wind noise is louder than if you put the vent on non re-circulate.
G35TOIS350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-06, 10:16 AM   #5
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sunny So Cal
Posts: 952
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaThaFeR
you shouldnt have to touch them for them to light up..they should come on when you walk by with the keyfob..you should try to make sure they are working correctly
Ahhh I see...Good to know Cathy. I will try this tonite and see if they are indeed working properly. It's still a pretty neat feature to have when parked in dark/unsafe areas.
Sexi_Lexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-06, 10:21 AM   #6
bagwell
Lexus Fanatic
 
bagwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: back in Denver
Posts: 9,034
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advent
Thats funny,mine just light up when i'm near the car. Try that..at night just walk up to the window they should come on without you hitting the button.
yep, noticed this last nite.
bagwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-06, 10:28 AM   #7
nehal51086
Lead Lap
 
nehal51086's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 537
Default

since we can open our windows from the keys including the sunroof...since the sunroof has a dial wich will already be at close since the key was used to open it.....will it close when car starts to move?
nehal51086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-06, 10:44 AM   #8
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (2)
 
imaputz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 909
Default

my puddle lights up when i walk by her =)

@nehal
the key can only open windows/moonroof...... it can't close them.
imaputz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-06, 10:57 AM   #9
xaden
Driver School Candidate
 
xaden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaThaFeR
you shouldnt have to touch them for them to light up..they should come on when you walk by with the keyfob..you should try to make sure they are working correctly
right, the lights turn on just by being near the car, but i've found that it takes a little longer than i would like. i usually end up grabbing the door (at which time the lights would turn on) before they turn on by themselves. i love the puddle lamps, but what's the point if i'm already halfway in my car by the time they turn on?
xaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-06, 11:03 AM   #10
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sunny So Cal
Posts: 952
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaden
right, the lights turn on just by being near the car, but i've found that it takes a little longer than i would like. i usually end up grabbing the door (at which time the lights would turn on) before they turn on by themselves. i love the puddle lamps, but what's the point if i'm already halfway in my car by the time they turn on?
I agree that the response time is too slow. I knew that the puddle lights turn on when I touch the door handle but I thought that they turned on ONLY when I touched the door handle, not by simply walking close to the car. But you're right that it only goes on when you're about halfway into the car already so there's almost no point in them turning on.

On a related note, it'd be so much neater if Lexus had put turn signal lights on the rear view mirrors instead of puddle lights! The blinking turn signals on the rear view mirrors would look so hot!
Sexi_Lexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-06, 11:05 AM   #11
GSE25
Lead Lap
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Ontario
Posts: 567
Default

That and also using LEDs for the puddle and map lights.. would make everything flow much better.
GSE25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-06, 11:41 AM   #12
Jherb350
Lead Lap
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehal51086
since we can open our windows from the keys including the sunroof...since the sunroof has a dial wich will already be at close since the key was used to open it.....will it close when car starts to move?
It shouldn't since the sunroof is also a one touch open and close. All you need to do is push on the dial.
Jherb350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-06, 11:45 AM   #13
linh811
Lead Lap
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: houston, TX
Posts: 560
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advent
Thats funny,mine just light up when i'm near the car. Try that..at night just walk up to the window they should come on without you hitting the button.
ditto. everything lights up when I get close to the car.
linh811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-06, 11:52 AM   #14
knihc2008
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (1)
 
knihc2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 3,384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSE25
That and also using LEDs for the puddle and map lights.. would make everything flow much better.
I think map lights are LED; the regular interior that lights up when you open a door isn't though, neither are the puddle lamps. I think having them be non-LED give them a good warmth that is needed in a cold, all-blue lighted environment.
knihc2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-06, 12:02 PM   #15
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sunny So Cal
Posts: 952
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by knihc2008
I think map lights are LED; the regular interior that lights up when you open a door isn't though, neither are the puddle lamps. I think having them be non-LED give them a good warmth that is needed in a cold, all-blue lighted environment.
Yup the map lights (front and back) are indeed LED. They're actually pretty bright w/o being too bright, if that makes sense. The non-LED map lights in my previous car was glaringly bright so it was difficult to drive w/them on when my passenger needed them while I was driving.
Sexi_Lexi is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Are my puddle lights out or disabled by personalized settings? kwillms IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) 14 11-17-12 08:11 PM
puddle lights dont go off? CashOverAs GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) 10 01-11-09 11:39 PM
08-09 RX350 Puddle Mirror Lamps? triplecore RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) 15 07-17-08 08:07 AM
No side mirror blinkers Armand GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) 7 08-30-07 10:32 AM
GS - Smart Access is WAY COOL! Sandman GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) 28 03-03-05 10:20 PM


Tags
2004, audi, closing, command, cover, cup, cuphoder, gx470, holder, horny, lexus, lights, remove, s5, voice, walk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:44 AM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved