IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Cool/neat features of the IS that you discovered.

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-12, 07:12 AM
sigp239
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stylnhonda
What years fold down? I removed mine out of my 2011 becuase they took up so much room.
Tried it last night on my 2011 and they fold down
Old 01-26-12, 07:16 AM
jmsharp02
Pole Position

No joke, for about 2 weeks after we bought our IS250 my wife and I kept going WOAH COOL! First was the puddle mirrors the first night I approached the car-holy crap the car knows I'm near! Then there was the first time I started the car and I felt like I was getting into a space ship as the steering wheel automatically vvvvvmmmmed out. Next was when I opened the door and saw the blue Lexus door panels, HOLY SHIZ. Then when I pressed the shade button-I've never actually used the shadow BUT ITS SO COOL. Then one night we were driving up the canyon and I was pushing her pretty hard and I noticed...THE HEADLIGHTS WERE TURNING WITH THE CAR! OEMGEE! I keep expecting the car to cook me breakfast or pay for gas.
Old 01-26-12, 07:16 AM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol still waiting on a pic of your wheels
Old 01-26-12, 09:51 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
Hey Kurtz do all sport or luxury package bring tilt mirror?

Originally Posted by CCJ22
Nope not all
Uh, yes they do.

The tilt-down and auto-dim side mirrors are part of the luxury and sport packages for every year of 2IS production (in the US anyway)

Note that's the sport package, not the F-sport package, which as I've mentioned lacks a bunch of features in comparison.

Last edited by Kurtz; 01-26-12 at 09:55 AM.
Old 01-26-12, 10:10 AM
jmsharp02
Pole Position

lol still waiting on a pic of your wheels
If you're waiting for mine I wont be posting up any new pics of my ride until I get new wheels :P You'll have to search for past pics of mine if you want that-just too embarrassed by them One or two more paychecks should net me some new wheels! Woot!
Old 01-26-12, 11:27 AM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

dude people post pics on stock wheels am sure your current wheels arent that bad lol

kurtz if I have navi, hid, heated/vented/ but no illuminated sills, no rain sensing wiper, no shade, what package is mine? premium?
Old 01-26-12, 12:03 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Hey Kurtz do all sport or luxury package bring tilt mirror?
dude people post pics on stock wheels am sure your current wheels arent that bad lol

kurtz if I have navi, hid, heated/vented/ but no illuminated sills, no rain sensing wiper, no shade, what package is mine? premium?
Yup, premium... which is only the woodgrain and the heated/vented seats... plus nav (which isn't part of any package, it's a standalone), plus HIDs (which is part of the Sport and Lux packages, but is also available as a standalone option for those without those packages).

The easy way to know if you have all the cool lux/sport stuff (auto tilt/dim mirrors, rain sensing wipers, etc...) is this: Do you have memory seats? If not, you don't... as memory seats only came with those 2 packages.
Old 01-26-12, 12:31 PM
neomedic
Pole Position

^^^^^ I have the Premium and X package.

How hard is to get the side mirrors to tilt when in reverse?
Old 01-26-12, 12:42 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by neomedic
^^^^^ I have the Premium and X package.

How hard is to get the side mirrors to tilt when in reverse?
Again, the tilt mirrors are only in sport or lux... premium and X don't include them, nor were they available as a standalone option.

Not sure what you mean by how hard?

it happens automatically if the mirror switch is in the L or R position and the car goes into reverse... then they go back to normal position when you shift out of reverse.
Old 01-26-12, 12:47 PM
LamTheSham
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Kurtz
Again, the tilt mirrors are only in sport or lux... premium and X don't include them, nor were they available as a standalone option.

it happens automatically if the mirror switch is in the L or R position and the car goes into reverse... then they go back to normal position when you shift out of reverse.
I noticed that the tilt side mirrors don't tilt as much if they aren't aimed low enough normally. Mb it's just me but my mirrors used to barely go down until I have it set lower than normal on it's non-reverse setting.
Old 01-26-12, 12:49 PM
neomedic
Pole Position

I know my packages didn't have them. Just wondering how hard would it be to do a mod to get them? Or can a mod be even done?

Old 01-26-12, 01:00 PM
ThermonMer
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

what the hell is that "key hole" under the driver side handle. i tried putting my key in there and it did not engage a damned thing.
Old 01-26-12, 02:21 PM
istarzan
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

^ Laughs. Its for when your key fob dies and you can't get in the car. You use your physical key and stick it in the key hole to pry off the cap and a physical door key hole is revealed. Then you can physically unlock your car.
Old 01-26-12, 03:33 PM
paulv7260
Driver School Candidate

This may be more of an "undocumented feature" then a cool/neat one. Most likely unintended as well but it is nice to "stick it to the man" every now-and-then (hope I didn't just date myself).

So, I hop in the car (2012 IS350), push start and the nav greets me with the Lexus Enform splash screen followed by the "show map" disclaimer screen.

What I noticed is that if my bluetooth phone connects while the "show map" screen is displayed it is like touching the "Show Map" button. I'll get the message at the top of the nav that says "bluetooth connection successful" but then the nav switches to the map.

Anyone else notice this happen or is this old news?
Old 01-26-12, 07:38 PM
CCJ22
Lexus Champion

Uh, yes they do.

The tilt-down and auto-dim side mirrors are part of the luxury and sport packages for every year of 2IS production (in the US anyway)

Note that's the sport package, not the F-sport package, which as I've mentioned lacks a bunch of features in comparison.
Interesting. My buddy has the programmable steering wheel and seats but yet no tilt down. Either his mirrors are broken or his car is from Canada.

Quick Reply: Cool/neat features of the IS that you discovered.