IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Cool/neat features of the IS that you discovered.

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-06, 12:48 PM
jlin101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ES3
Yeah, wonder what it does for "I'm horny"
shows you a list of motels--but you have to provide your own entertainment.
Old 04-28-06, 01:40 PM
C280to250
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gmeardi
Sexi, remember what I read in another post: God Mode, other than rocket launchers!!

Here comes the cheat code for God Mode = 1000hp, no damage, no need to refule, infinite NOS, radar invisible:
open all windous, shift to D, close all windows, shift to M, right clicker (shifter) 3 upshifts, left clicker 2 downshifts, run out open trunk, back in, tap brake 10 times, run out, open/close passenger side rear door 23 times, back in, switch CD to cd # 3 track 16, when 25 sec of song elapsed run out open the hood, back in , simultaniously press sunroof open and rewind track 16, right blinker 10 blinks, left blinker 1 blink. Repeat until nav screen says GOD MODE ON.
I tried it and it didnt work.
Only a Gamer can come up with some thing like this.. LOL
Old 05-03-06, 08:39 PM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had some time sitting in the car while waiting for my class to start so I read the IS quick guide and learned a couple of new things today. Not sure if everyone knows these things already but just in case someone didn't, I thought I'd share.

1) The ashtray pops right out of its slot so you can store other things there. There's a clip on the side that you just push in and the ashtray pops right up. I thought this was cool because now I can use that slot to hold my cell phone.

2) There's a button on the underside of the trunk (near the rear camera) that opens the trunk when you push it. I never knew that since I've always been using the remote to open the trunk. This feature is cool since I hate having to dig for the key fob out of my purse.

3) I learned this one from the other thread on here that if you hold both the lock/unlock button at the same time until you hear a beep, you'll progam all your doors to unlock when you put your hand on the door handle. This is something that would normally be done with LPS but why wait for that when you can do it yourself?

One last random thing, the other day, I said "I'm horny" prior to activating navi (before you hit "I agree") and it gave me the option to "dial by name". I thought that was funny.
Old 05-03-06, 08:48 PM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Sexi_Lexi
IOne last random thing, the other day, I said "I'm horny" prior to activating navi (before you hit "I agree") and it gave me the option to "dial by name". I thought that was funny.
did you say... . "IMAPUTZ"
Old 05-03-06, 09:17 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

3) I learned this one from the other thread on here that if you hold both the lock/unlock button at the same time until you hear a beep, you'll progam all your doors to unlock when you put your hand on the door handle. This is something that would normally be done with LPS but why wait for that when you can do it yourself?
Good stuff! Is there a way to reverse this command, so that just the driver's side door unlocks first?
Old 05-03-06, 10:03 PM
KuyaPatz
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by diablo1
I
Ithe fact that it turns down the driver's side speakers when the stereo is on and the navigation is giving a voice command. Just thoughtful little touches that make the car that much more fun to drive...
It does?! do i need to change a setting on my nav? or is my music still to loud?
Old 05-03-06, 10:08 PM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by KuyaPatz
It does?! do i need to change a setting on my nav? or is my music still to loud?
You don't need to do anything. What he means is that when you hit the "talk" button, your music is muted so that you can speak into the speaker to give your nav voice commands. The music is muted completely so that your commands can be easily recognized instead of being muffled w/the music from your stereo.
Old 05-03-06, 10:16 PM
KuyaPatz
Pit Crew

You don't need to do anything. What he means is that when you hit the "talk" button, your music is muted so that you can speak into the speaker to give your nav voice commands. The music is muted completely so that your commands can be easily recognized instead of being muffled w/the music from your stereo.
ooooh got ya. ya i knew that one lol thanks for clarifying
Old 05-03-06, 10:18 PM
KuyaPatz
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by ES3
Good stuff! Is there a way to reverse this command, so that just the driver's side door unlocks first?
is it reversible? i would hate to do it and then realize i cant undo it if i end up realizing that by unlocking all the doors a stranger could pop into the passanger seat just as i touch the door handle.

also. when i race my freinds to get in the car its nice that i can get in and they cant lol. I win.
Old 05-03-06, 10:39 PM
AgBlue
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ES3
You simply do the method again and it will alternate between both settings.

I believe the full procedure is.. Get into the car. On the fob, hold down the lock button for 5 seconds. You will hear the beep, and on the dash, you will see the "Door Open" outline of the car light up. It will show either Driver door open (meaning only drivers door will unlock when holding the door handle) or show all doors open (all doors open when handle is touched).

I'm pretty sure you just hold the lock button on the fob, and not both buttons. This procedure is in the manual, somewhere in the very beginning i think.
Old 05-04-06, 01:11 AM
AgBlue
Pole Position

One thing i noticed while washing my car... Not really that neat but...

The side mirrors can not only be folded in, but can be pushed out as well. Doing so will set the side mirror to another fixed position, making it easier to clean around it, and inbetween the door.
Old 05-04-06, 02:18 AM
james6290
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RaysIS350
As long as my Selector is not in the Middle - BOTH Mirrors tilt down.
yea same here, i don't know what he is doin
Old 05-04-06, 11:06 AM
flybret
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AgBlue
One thing i noticed while washing my car... Not really that neat but...

The side mirrors can not only be folded in, but can be pushed out as well. Doing so will set the side mirror to another fixed position, making it easier to clean around it, and inbetween the door.
Yea this is good for when people walk by your car and accidentally hit them, and they bend forward instead of breaking off. Happened to me already and freaked the crap out of me cuz it was all bent outward and looked broken.

Also good for them "women drivers" when they hit the side of the garage too. haha
Old 05-04-06, 11:34 AM
IS350_PHIL
Pole Position

Not really a discovery per se, but I love the way all the things that open/close, do so smoothly. For example the cover over the cup holder, the cover over the ashtray, the ashtray itself when you remove it, the OS handles over the doors. For some reason it just seems more luxurious when it smoothly opens or closes (geared) rather than snapping open or closed (spring). I love this car!!!
Old 05-04-06, 10:10 PM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by IS350_PHIL
Not really a discovery per se, but I love the way all the things that open/close, do so smoothly. For example the cover over the cup holder, the cover over the ashtray, the ashtray itself when you remove it, the OS handles over the doors. For some reason it just seems more luxurious when it smoothly opens or closes (geared) rather than snapping open or closed (spring). I love this car!!!
Good observation. I like this feature on our cars too! The smoothness of it makes it appear more luxurious.

Quick Reply: Cool/neat features of the IS that you discovered.