IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Cool/neat features of the IS that you discovered.

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-06, 11:12 AM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sexi_Lexi
Ahhh I see...Good to know Cathy. I will try this tonite and see if they are indeed working properly. It's still a pretty neat feature to have when parked in dark/unsafe areas.
yep i agree i think they should come when you are a certain amout of feet away tho..instead of when you are already halfway into the car
Old 04-19-06, 12:19 PM
jlin101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

one neat feature I recently discovered was the power rear sun shade that retracted automatically when the gear was in reverse and went up when the car was back in Drive. The ingenious part was that the sun shade did not go up until the car reached 5 mph, thus avoiding the shade going up and down while you're trying to park a car going back and forth.
Old 04-19-06, 12:56 PM
DanIS350
Rookie

I have found the rotating headlamps to be fantastic while being transparent to the user. I really notice the static headlamps when driving other vehicles now.
Old 04-19-06, 01:02 PM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DanIS350
I have found the rotating headlamps to be fantastic while being transparent to the user. I really notice the static headlamps when driving other vehicles now.
Sorry for the newb question but which models/options have the swiveling HID's?
Old 04-19-06, 01:04 PM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by al503
Sorry for the newb question but which models/options have the swiveling HID's?
I know for sure the sport pkg because I have the sport pkg and I have them. They're the AFS (Adaptive Front Lighting System). I think you can also buy it separately as an option.

And yea, I agree, they're pretty cool because you can see the cut off along the wall when you're turning.

*edit: the Lux pkg has it too.

Last edited by Sexi_Lexi; 04-19-06 at 01:08 PM.
Old 04-19-06, 01:21 PM
inecstaz
Pole Position

I could have sworn that when I read the manual, it said that when you unlock the doors, all the interior lights were suppose to come on. The illustration even shows the map lights coming on. However, only the puddle lights, dome lights, and foot well lights come on. Not the LED map lights.

I think it would be cool if the LED lights came on too... I like the look of them. Nice and bright.
Old 04-19-06, 01:49 PM
deuce2
Rookie

mine has rocket launchers.
Old 04-19-06, 02:15 PM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by deuce2
mine has rocket launchers.
Really?! Damn! I missed out by getting the sport pkg. What pkg did you get in order to get these?
The following users liked this post:
Marco430 (09-14-20)
Old 04-19-06, 02:27 PM
Seattle350
Rookie

Found this out a few weeks ago - holding on the up or down steering controls (for changing tracks) will change the CD in the changer to the next disc, be it up or down...
Old 04-19-06, 03:00 PM
gmeardi
Rookie

Really?! Damn! I missed out by getting the sport pkg. What pkg did you get in order to get these?
Sexi, remember what I read in another post: God Mode, other than rocket launchers!!

Here comes the cheat code for God Mode = 1000hp, no damage, no need to refule, infinite NOS, radar invisible:
open all windous, shift to D, close all windows, shift to M, right clicker (shifter) 3 upshifts, left clicker 2 downshifts, run out open trunk, back in, tap brake 10 times, run out, open/close passenger side rear door 23 times, back in, switch CD to cd # 3 track 16, when 25 sec of song elapsed run out open the hood, back in , simultaniously press sunroof open and rewind track 16, right blinker 10 blinks, left blinker 1 blink. Repeat until nav screen says GOD MODE ON.

From the local TV news channel report
Today, in good sunny weather, a white Lexus IS350 owner on Highway 69 crashed into a tree on the side of the highway. It was reported that the driver found some cheat code on the internet at ClubLexus.com and My.IS to disable the cars VDIM safety technology feature. A skid mark can be clearly seen leading up to the site of the crash. On the navigation screen read the message, "God Mode enabled". No one at the crash scene can explain what this phrase means. Now onto sports...
Marco430 (09-14-20)
Old 04-19-06, 06:19 PM
Foxberry
Lead Lap

*Note: I know I could always read the manual to find out all of these things but in all honesty, who has time to read the manual?
Do you realize how many "read your manual" people you disappointed with your disclaimer??
Old 04-20-06, 07:15 AM
nehal51086
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by gmeardi
Sexi, remember what I read in another post: God Mode, other than rocket launchers!!

Here comes the cheat code for God Mode = 1000hp, no damage, no need to refule, infinite NOS, radar invisible:
open all windous, shift to D, close all windows, shift to M, right clicker (shifter) 3 upshifts, left clicker 2 downshifts, run out open trunk, back in, tap brake 10 times, run out, open/close passenger side rear door 23 times, back in, switch CD to cd # 3 track 16, when 25 sec of song elapsed run out open the hood, back in , simultaniously press sunroof open and rewind track 16, right blinker 10 blinks, left blinker 1 blink. Repeat until nav screen says GOD MODE ON.

From the local TV news channel report
Today, in good sunny weather, a white Lexus IS350 owner on Highway 69 crashed into a tree on the side of the highway. It was reported that the driver found some cheat code on the internet at ClubLexus.com and My.IS to disable the cars VDIM safety technology feature. A skid mark can be clearly seen leading up to the site of the crash. On the navigation screen read the message, "God Mode enabled". No one at the crash scene can explain what this phrase means. Now onto sports...

hmmmm.....but if God Mode was one.....how did it crash into the tree..shouldnt it have bounced off of it....lol
Marco430 (09-14-20)
Old 04-20-06, 09:31 AM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by nehal51086
hmmmm.....but if God Mode was one.....how did it crash into the tree..shouldnt it have bounced off of it....lol
No, if God Mode was equipped, the car should have gone straight through the tree.
Marco430 (09-14-20)
Old 04-20-06, 09:40 AM
tgara
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CaThaFeR
yep i agree i think they should come when you are a certain amout of feet away tho..instead of when you are already halfway into the car
I believe they will come on when you press the unlock button on the keyfob. This will provide light at a greater distance.
Old 04-20-06, 12:13 PM
Langdell
Driver

Not really a feature as much as an unexpected use for a feature, specifically, the auto-tilt-down side windows. I have always been obsessive about making sure I am as much inside the lines of a parking spot as possible to try to minimize dings from other people's doors. Needless to say, I am even more obsessed with this lately since I'm driving a new car (2 months now). Anyway, I quickly figured out that you can use the tilt-down windows to check if you are well inside the lines--better than my old method of opening the door and, sometimes, having to get out and walk around to the other side of the car.

One caveat: don't forget to shift from R to P once you are done checking!

Quick Reply: Cool/neat features of the IS that you discovered.