IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Another bad dealership experience. Woodfield Lexus in Schaumburg, IL

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-06, 09:21 AM
VitB6
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another bad dealership experience. Woodfield Lexus in Schaumburg, IL

Just wanted to make a post so people in the area don't buy from this dealer.

Here was the situation. I was going to buy an IS 350 back in December (give my A4 Quattro to my dad as a winter car so he can put his Corvette in the garage) but something can up (my dad broke his leg) so he couldn't drive my car (manual) during the winter months. So I decided to wait. During this time I was working with Woodfield Lexus and everything was fine as I was willing to pay MSRP at that time.

Fast forward to March and I e-mailed 8 different dealers and wanted $2000 off MSRP. I explained the exact car that I wanted and specifically mentioned that the configuration I wanted wasn't available in the midwest and would have to be A-traded (allocation). I got an okay from only 1 dealer (Naperville Lexus). I had an appointment to go in to sign the paperson a Friday. I get a call on Wednesday from Woodfield Lexus (the same guy I was working with back in December) saying that they would give me $2000 off no problem. I explained to him that Naperville contacted me first and I had an appointment with them, but out of loyalty I decided to go to Woodfield Lexus instead.

I go in to the dealer and the first line of crap they feed me is that the car I wanted isn't made. He proceeds to tell me that they are only made with a $38K price tag and a $44K price tag and lays down 2 invoice sheets showing the car and the options. Nothing in the middle. I stop him in his tracks and let him know that I know a lot about the car and that the car I want is being made in the Southern and Western regions and the dealership will have to A-trade for the car. He tells me to hold on and comes back within literally 30 seconds with another car invoice sheet with the exact options I want and says, "oh it looks like you are right". This was a complete cover up because he already had these printed up and knew exactly where they were.

Ok so with that out of the way, he does some crap on the PC and then tells me that the car can't be A-traded because they aren't making any more of them in the config starting in April. I call BS on that and he says that there was a PC glitch and we move on.

Ok so we get things ironed out and he tells me that he needs to go talk to the owner and he'll be back. 5 minutes later he comes back and tells me that he isn't about to do $2000 off but only $1500 off. I'm pissed (not because of the $500 but because of the normal used car salesman tactics and because he wasted my day as I could have gone to the other dealer). I ask him why he told me $2000 was okay and now it isn't. He proceeds to say that at the time it was an internet deal and now it isn't because they have to A-trade for it. I explain that he knew ahead of time that it needed to be A-traded because it was on my e-mail and when we spoke on the phone he told me it would take 4-6 weeks to get.

I demand to talk to the owner. He says he is busy. I said I'll wait. He said it could be 6 o'clock (it was like 11 am at the time). I said, what he doesn't use the bathroom? I want to speak with him for 2 minutes, I'm sure he can get the time to walk over here. He goes to get the owner and to make a long story shorter, he could care less that they told me one thing and are now telling me another. He has no explaination on them getting caught in a lie. Never apologized to me at any point. Told me that my deal at Naperville sounds good and I should go over there. Never shook my hand and when we were done talking he just got up and walked away.

I went to Naperville and had a deal done in 10 minutes.

Thanks to all that read this as I know it is long, but I emplore everyone that lives in this area to NEVER EVER go to this dealership. Ever.

Thanks

Vit
Old 04-18-06, 09:34 AM
Lem144
Intermediate

Originally Posted by VitB6
Just wanted to make a post so people in the area don't buy from this dealer.

Here was the situation. I was going to buy an IS 350 back in December (give my A4 Quattro to my dad as a winter car so he can put his Corvette in the garage) but something can up (my dad broke his leg) so he couldn't drive my car (manual) during the winter months. So I decided to wait. During this time I was working with Woodfield Lexus and everything was fine as I was willing to pay MSRP at that time.

Fast forward to March and I e-mailed 8 different dealers and wanted $2000 off MSRP. I explained the exact car that I wanted and specifically mentioned that the configuration I wanted wasn't available in the midwest and would have to be A-traded (allocation). I got an okay from only 1 dealer (Naperville Lexus). I had an appointment to go in to sign the paperson a Friday. I get a call on Wednesday from Woodfield Lexus (the same guy I was working with back in December) saying that they would give me $2000 off no problem. I explained to him that Naperville contacted me first and I had an appointment with them, but out of loyalty I decided to go to Woodfield Lexus instead.

I go in to the dealer and the first line of crap they feed me is that the car I wanted isn't made. He proceeds to tell me that they are only made with a $38K price tag and a $44K price tag and lays down 2 invoice sheets showing the car and the options. Nothing in the middle. I stop him in his tracks and let him know that I know a lot about the car and that the car I want is being made in the Southern and Western regions and the dealership will have to A-trade for the car. He tells me to hold on and comes back within literally 30 seconds with another car invoice sheet with the exact options I want and says, "oh it looks like you are right". This was a complete cover up because he already had these printed up and knew exactly where they were.

Ok so with that out of the way, he does some crap on the PC and then tells me that the car can't be A-traded because they aren't making any more of them in the config starting in April. I call BS on that and he says that there was a PC glitch and we move on.

Ok so we get things ironed out and he tells me that he needs to go talk to the owner and he'll be back. 5 minutes later he comes back and tells me that he isn't about to do $2000 off but only $1500 off. I'm pissed (not because of the $500 but because of the normal used car salesman tactics and because he wasted my day as I could have gone to the other dealer). I ask him why he told me $2000 was okay and now it isn't. He proceeds to say that at the time it was an internet deal and now it isn't because they have to A-trade for it. I explain that he knew ahead of time that it needed to be A-traded because it was on my e-mail and when we spoke on the phone he told me it would take 4-6 weeks to get.

I demand to talk to the owner. He says he is busy. I said I'll wait. He said it could be 6 o'clock (it was like 11 am at the time). I said, what he doesn't use the bathroom? I want to speak with him for 2 minutes, I'm sure he can get the time to walk over here. He goes to get the owner and to make a long story shorter, he could care less that they told me one thing and are now telling me another. He has no explaination on them getting caught in a lie. Never apologized to me at any point. Told me that my deal at Naperville sounds good and I should go over there. Never shook my hand and when we were done talking he just got up and walked away.

I went to Naperville and had a deal done in 10 minutes.

Thanks to all that read this as I know it is long, but I emplore everyone that lives in this area to NEVER EVER go to this dealership. Ever.

Thanks

Vit
That really sucks. I am in the middle of my own dealership drama right now, and it's really f-ing annoying. Why can't they get their act together? Do they think their **** doesn't stink or something?
Old 04-18-06, 10:27 AM
Kermee
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the write-up. I'd definitely send a letter to Lexus Corporate about your experience.

Cheers,
Kermee
Old 04-18-06, 10:33 AM
Neucorp
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

That's awful. My dealer tried to play some games on my trade (offering $2000 less than KBB), but after I showed them how much CarMax was gonna give me ($3000 over KBB), they changed their tune. I would expect that they treat you like your **** don't stink!!

One of the reasons why I chose my dealer in Texas is that they recently were a recipient of the 2005 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award. It is in a dealership's best interest to maintain such accolades and I knew they wouldn't try anything to tarnish that. If you're interested here is the article: http://www.parkplacetexas.com/News/A...ArticleID=913;
Old 04-18-06, 10:57 AM
diabelek05
Driver School Candidate

I have had similar situation when trying to order from Woodfield Lexus I knew what I wanted, what options. I called Bredemann Lexus in Glenview all I have to say is it does depend on the sales person. I was told over the phone exactly what to expect, how long it might take, based on their allocation when to expect the car. I know how you feel, sorry to hear that it happens more than it should.
Old 04-18-06, 01:04 PM
Toyota_F1
Pole Position

Lexus Corporate Customer Experience number is 800-255-3987.
Old 04-18-06, 02:00 PM
iainthim
Driver School Candidate

Honestly, does anything really come out of calling Lexus corporate? Horror stories at dealerships across the nation are a dime a dozen. They happen all time, yet there are no improvements to speak of. Same ol same ol since i strated buying cars some 18 years ago. Some dealerships care and want to make a deal, some dont.
Old 04-18-06, 04:01 PM
dkaplan435
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VitB6
Just wanted to make a post so peo.... snip ...... this dealership. Ever.
I went to Woodfield Lexus last November to look at the 350's. I already knew what I wanted (350 luxury, w/ML.) I spoke to one of the reps, who did an appraisal on my 99 M3 (w/90k miles) and gave me a very fair 15.5k on it. On top of that he knocked 2k off MSRP.

He then told me it would take a couple of months to get my car, I told him no problem. I gave him a deposit, and to my great surprise I received a call from him 2 weeks later telling me that a car was on its way, and that I could have it if I wanted it. Of course I wanted it, so I picked up my car on 12/22/05. No pressure, just 2k off MSRP.

I've had nothing but great service from Woodfield Lexus, from the sales department to the service department. I'm really sorry that you had a bad experience. Mine was the opposite, so maybe it's because I was lucky and got the right salesman. As an aside I went to Palatine Lexus, and was NOT impressed with their dealership. The sales guy took my drivers license to copy it and then was gone for 20 minutes.

As to service, nothing but greate service from them. I'm taking my car in Saturday so they can check the A/C, and they agreed to the the seat belt thing w/o my having received the written recall notice.

I'd suggest that if any of you want to buy from Woodfield Lexus you PM me, and I'll give you the name of my salesman.

Best wishes to all.

Dave
Old 04-18-06, 04:05 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

recently I went back to the dealership that we purchased over 4 cars from and we want to help our friend to get the same car and with the same price. THe manage said no (even we have the proof of price on contract), and said the price is higher now. He said if you can find a same price or better then go somewhere else...... I'm speechless.
Old 04-18-06, 04:50 PM
hashs99
Driver

I hear ya. I went to woodfield lexus in october to purchase 2 250's AWD, they said no problem. They kept stringing me along and told me that they had found the cars in early november / late october. Then all of a sudden I was told they wouldn't have any till december.

I called up Arlington Lexus, told them what I wanted and picked one of the cars up November 10th. The second one was picked up first week of december. Great experience!!!

To be honest I don't think Woodfield even took me seriously. I guess it might be hard for some to believe a 25 year old (myself) coming in wanting to buy 2 fully loaded IS's.

Their loss.
Old 04-18-06, 06:01 PM
Toyota_F1
Pole Position

Originally Posted by iainthim
Honestly, does anything really come out of calling Lexus corporate? Horror stories at dealerships across the nation are a dime a dozen. They happen all time, yet there are no improvements to speak of. Same ol same ol since i strated buying cars some 18 years ago. Some dealerships care and want to make a deal, some dont.
Lexus cares about it's image even if a dealership employee or a dealership as a whole does not. If it's a consistent problem that gets reported through corporate is isn't unheard of for a manufacturer to pull a dealer's ability to sell the brand. Happened recently in my area with another luxury manufacturer. So yes it does some good. Will it solve your problem specifically? I couldn't say for sure. But it's better than nothing, and Lexus does follow up on all of these with the dealers.
Old 04-18-06, 10:00 PM
Lupin5
Driver

I also had an unpleasent experience at Lexus of Woodfield in Schaumburg. Ended up going to Bredemann Lexus in Glenview per a recommendation from a friend and got what I wanted. Good dealership.
Old 04-18-06, 10:25 PM
diabelek05
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lupin5
I also had an unpleasent experience at Lexus of Woodfield in Schaumburg. Ended up going to Bredemann Lexus in Glenview per a recommendation from a friend and got what I wanted. Good dealership.

I know the person that i was dealing with was Dave Legner
Old 04-19-06, 12:29 AM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

VERY interesting. My family has bought 11 cars (going on 12 with my next one... still deciding) and NEVER had ONE issue with service, billing, reception, sales... notta.

That sucks that you had this experience. I went to Arlington and had no issues there either, even at my young appearance and age.

I haven't met the owner at Woodfield before. Who did you deal with?
Old 04-19-06, 05:06 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hehe, i went out to that dealership during my quest to find my current lexus. i ended up visiting with the dealership downtown chicago, he told me he could get me whatever car i wanted as long as i paid for it. it's a good thing you knew your stuff and was able to call them on everything they did wrong. and they didn't like it and that's why they treated you that way. it's not right. i think you did the right thing by going to another dealership to get your car.

Quick Reply: Another bad dealership experience. Woodfield Lexus in Schaumburg, IL