IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Another bad dealership experience. Woodfield Lexus in Schaumburg, IL

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-06, 08:47 AM
diabelek05
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

. It may also depend on how the sales rep wakes up in the morning because when I talked to Paul Szmergalski he gave me totally the wrong impression, lied to me that he could only take $1k off MSRP like he did to dkaplan435, I new that he gave you more because you told me. This is nothing against you Dave I know you wanted to help me and I thank you for it, it’s just I hate when people lie to me and after that I have no respect about them anymore. I went to a different dealer lets see if they can deliver the promise with my special order by June. I will keep you guys posted.
Old 05-14-06, 09:23 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 111 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by ptmIS350
Wow someone needs to send this thread to lexus corp and CC woodfield lexus. These guys got some bad rep. I'm glad we are discussing this, it needs to be out there to protect us customers in the future.
and what, tell them they dont want to give discounts like some other dealers do? lol.

You know, it is not written in constitution that it is your right to get car at invoice, no matter what many people think. Aditionally, many people are very pushy when they come in at dealers, demanding this and that since they have read something on the internet, so car salesman are often way too anoyed when you come in "damanding" something.

And if someone calls up Lexus corporate telling how Woodfield Lexus didnt get them an discount they wanted, it will be "way to go Woodfield"!
Old 05-14-06, 09:55 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by diabelek05
. It may also depend on how the sales rep wakes up in the morning because when I talked to Paul Szmergalski he gave me totally the wrong impression, lied to me that he could only take $1k off MSRP like he did to dkaplan435, I new that he gave you more because you told me. This is nothing against you Dave I know you wanted to help me and I thank you for it, it’s just I hate when people lie to me and after that I have no respect about them anymore. I went to a different dealer lets see if they can deliver the promise with my special order by June. I will keep you guys posted.
Okay I am trying to understand here.
1. Dave got more off.
2. Did the dealer promise to match that?
3. If he never did and offered only 1k off MSRP, he is not lying. He is just not giving you the same deal.

Please describe what happened more accurately before dissing a dealership. Thanks
Old 05-14-06, 10:45 AM
diabelek05
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Okay I am trying to understand here.
1. Dave got more off.
2. Did the dealer promise to match that?
3. If he never did and offered only 1k off MSRP, he is not lying. He is just not giving you the same deal.

Please describe what happened more accurately before dissing a dealership. Thanks
Yes first thing he said was since Dave gave you my number I will give you same deal I gave him what was $1k off MSRP. I asked him that I thought i that it was $2K and he insisted it was $1K so I told him let me think about it.

I am not dissing the dealer because the facility look AWESOME just the sales rep, but than it make you think how are the other people working at that dealer if you know what I mean.

Last edited by diabelek05; 05-14-06 at 10:56 AM.
Old 05-14-06, 01:31 PM
CHIS350
Pole Position

You shouldn't knock the dealer for being stingy with discounts, but lying and playing games is another story. It's just sales, that's all.