IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Perforated/Heated/Ventilated Front Seats

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-06, 12:08 PM
paeko73
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Perforated/Heated/Ventilated Front Seats

ServcoLexus in Hawaii offers the optional "choices" as follows. I'm thinking about getting "Choice J". We don't really need "heated" seats here in Hawaii, but "ventilated" might help during hotter summer days. Can someone tell me how the seats "ventilate" the driver & front passenger?

MSRP starting at
IS 250: $31,160 [1]
IS 350: $35,440 [1]

Lexus vehicles in Hawaii are only available with the following CHOICES (group of optional equipment):

IS250 4-Dr Sedan A/T

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Choice "A" ($0):
(NIL) No additional accessories

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Choice "B" ($1,220):
(FT) 18" Alloy Wheels with Summer Tires
(PA) Parking Assist

Choice "C" ($3,595):
(HW) Headlamp washers with headlamp cleaner
(LL) Premium Luxury Plus Package (17" RWD)
Wood interior trim
High Intensity Discharge + Adaptive Front Lighting System w/Auto Level Headlamps
Heated & Ventilated Front Seats
Memory
Illuminated scuff plates
Perforated leather seat upgrade

Choice "D" ($4,095):
(LL) Premium Luxury Plus Package (17" RWD)
Wood interior trim
High Intensity Discharge + Adaptive Front Lighting System w/Auto Level Headlamps
Memory
Illuminated scuff plates
(PA) Parking Assist

Choice "E" ($4,815):
(LT) Premium Luxury Plus Package (18" RWD)
Wood interior trim
225/40R 18+255/40R 18" alloy with summer tires
Memory
Illuminated scuff plates
(PA) Parking Assist

Choice "F" ($5,755):
(LT) Premium Luxury Plus Package (18" RWD)
Wood interior trim
Memory
Illuminated scuff plates
(PA) Parking Assist
(ML) Mark Levinson Premium Audio

Choice "G" ($4,295):
(ST) Performance Luxury Plus Package (18" RWD)
Sport suspension
Memory
(PA) Parking Assist

Choice "H" ($2,855):
(SM) Performance Luxury Package (18" RWD)
Sport suspension
Memory
Smooth leather (STD)

Choice "I" ($5,135):
(ST) Performance Luxury Plus Package (18" RWD)
Sport suspension
Memory
(PA) Parking Assist
(ML) Mark Levinson Premium Audio

Choice "J" ($2,010):
(PT) Permium Plus Package
Perforated Leather Seats
(FT) 18" Alloy Wheels with Summer Tires
Old 04-11-06, 12:36 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by paeko73
Can someone tell me how the seats "ventilate" the driver & front passenger?
All that the ventilated seats consist of is a fan that circulates air from the cabin to your back and bottom. You still need to turn on the A/C to feel "cold" instead of "cool". If it's a hot day, it will circulate warm air.

If you want to keep it simple, you really don't need the perforated/ventilated/heated seats in Hawaii. Spend your money on something else, such as Choice B with the Park Assist.
Old 04-11-06, 12:53 PM
paeko73
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
All that the ventilated seats consist of is a fan that circulates air from the cabin to your back and bottom. You still need to turn on the A/C to feel "cold" instead of "cool". If it's a hot day, it will circulate warm air.

If you want to keep it simple, you really don't need the perforated/ventilated/heated seats in Hawaii. Spend your money on something else, such as Choice B with the Park Assist.
Thanks PhillipMSPT! I was thinking about "choice B" too, but they currently have one SGM with "choice J" available for purchase (sitting at the pier). Anyways, does the circulate air come out of the pukas on the seats?
Old 04-11-06, 12:59 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Anyways, does the circulate air come out of the pukas on the seats?
They come out of the holes/perforation, so, I guess, yes, they do come out of the pukas.

Not just the seat seat, but the back of the seat as well.
Old 04-11-06, 01:22 PM
inecstaz
Pole Position

I personally love the ventilated seats. It's not even that hot here in California, and I still love it. Great feature especially when you get into a hot car and the seats are hot.
Old 04-11-06, 02:26 PM
drck1000
Driver

Thanks PhillipMSPT! I was thinking about "choice B" too, but they currently have one SGM with "choice J" available for purchase (sitting at the pier). Anyways, does the circulate air come out of the pukas on the seats?
Paeko,

Hey, I too live in Hawaii and I since picking up my GS in the middle of February, I have turned on the ventilated seats twice (it came included in the package that I selected). The first time just to see what would happen and test it out and the second was this past weekend when it was actually sunny out after raining for over a month straight! I was wearing shorts and it sort of felt like I was sitting on the lid of a flat freezer. Probably will come in handy later this spring and summer when the temps get hotter and the trades stop.

And yes, the air comes out of the pukas on the bottoms and backs of the seats
Old 04-11-06, 03:35 PM
acsan
Driver

I picked Choice H myself...they seemed to have a few of those ordered. The great thing about it is that it has the best of the Premium and Sport packages combined.

For the most part, the only notable things you don't get are ventilated seats, illuminated scuff plates, and power rear sunshade. Most of the goodies from the Sport and Premium packages are included.

Choice "H" ($2,855):
(SM) Performance Luxury Package (18" RWD)
Sport suspension
Memory
Smooth leather (STD)
Old 04-11-06, 04:39 PM
drck1000
Driver

Originally Posted by acsan
I picked Choice H myself...they seemed to have a few of those ordered. The great thing about it is that it has the best of the Premium and Sport packages combined.

For the most part, the only notable things you don't get are ventilated seats, illuminated scuff plates, and power rear sunshade. Most of the goodies from the Sport and Premium packages are included.
When I was looking at the IS350, I was debating between the "H" and the "I" packages. When I was in there, they had one "I" package in stock. I think it was the Pearl. As the time, I wanted to see the difference between the Pearl and the SGM in person, but the SGM was a 3 month wait!

I really wanted the ML and couldn't have cared less about the sunshade and the ventilated seats. I really wanted the sport suspension, xenons and the ML stereo. I don't even use the sunshade on my GS. Most of the time I forget it's even there.
Old 04-11-06, 05:20 PM
acsan
Driver

I don't remember seeing any ML equipped cars on their list. Of course, I wasn't really looking for it so I may have just tuned them out completely. But hey, I think we're fortunate to have so many different configurations to choose from.
Old 04-11-06, 05:39 PM
drck1000
Driver

The ML packages are "I" and "F". I don't think they got that many in to begin with and when I went in to look they had only three 350's in stock and a like six 250's. I'm starting to see a lot more of them around these days. Mostly 250's though. Test driving the 350 was super fun too. Took it on the freeway from the entrance at Ward to Hawaii Kai!

My friend got a while IS350 with sport and ML and he loves it. Haven't had a chance to catch a ride with him yet though. Actually surprised to see a lot of "older" people (in their 50's+) driving IS's around town too.
Old 04-11-06, 06:57 PM
Kailua250
Driver

I chose "F" because it was what they had in stock ready to drive away with back in November. I am extremely happy with my choice since I use every one of the options everyday (excepting the rear sunshade which I only use when I either have rear seat passengers or when I park with the rear of the car towards the sun). I can really tell a difference when the seat ventalation is off. My skin from my thighs to my shoulders felt like it couldn't breath and was hot. I have never turned off my seat since. I do, however, leave the passenger seat ventalation off because it is actually kind of loud.
Old 04-11-06, 09:11 PM
charlesmsn
Driver

mine is choice J.

The vented seats was the only thing that i wanted out of the premium package. unfortunately, they do not work as well as I wished they would. i was expecting full blast out of the holes but it's more of a gentle whisper. maybe my expection was set too high.
Old 04-11-06, 09:25 PM
paeko73
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Kailua250
I chose "F" because it was what they had in stock ready to drive away with back in November. I am extremely happy with my choice since I use every one of the options everyday (excepting the rear sunshade which I only use when I either have rear seat passengers or when I park with the rear of the car towards the sun). I can really tell a difference when the seat ventalation is off. My skin from my thighs to my shoulders felt like it couldn't breath and was hot. I have never turned off my seat since. I do, however, leave the passenger seat ventalation off because it is actually kind of loud.
Kailua,

So your "F choice" has the Parking Assist thing, right? What exactly does that do? I went to Lexus.com site but got that confused with the Backup Camera thing.
Old 04-12-06, 12:16 AM
acsan
Driver

That's the one that beeps. The faster the beep, the closer you are to hitting an object.
Old 04-12-06, 12:35 AM
paeko73
Pole Position

Originally Posted by acsan
That's the one that beeps. The faster the beep, the closer you are to hitting an object.
Mahalo Nui Loa!

Quick Reply: Perforated/Heated/Ventilated Front Seats