IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Installing Aftermarket Subs & Amp....NEED HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-06, 12:52 PM
Phillip31
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing Aftermarket Subs & Amp....NEED HELP!

I just installed my aftermarket subs and amp yesterday following both cmusics ands Tim817's instructions, but i have two problems:

1) The remote wire i connected to does not work. The power on the amp stays on at all times. It does not turn off when i turn off the car. According to Tim817, he connected to the red wire at the very end of the amp. I assumed it was the red one at the end toward the front of the car not the back of the car. Is that correct?

2) Everytime i would open and close the right side doors, the subs would make a "thump" noise. Also, when i open and close the side compartment thing on the front passenger side door, the subs would make a "thump noise." Any idea why this happens?

Also, where are the subs wires located on the amp?....i know they are sky blue (-) and pink (+), but which ones are they on the amp?

Thanks
Old 04-02-06, 06:00 PM
tim817
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Phillip31
I just installed my aftermarket subs and amp yesterday following both cmusics ands Tim817's instructions, but i have two problems:

1) The remote wire i connected to does not work. The power on the amp stays on at all times. It does not turn off when i turn off the car. According to Tim817, he connected to the red wire at the very end of the amp. I assumed it was the red one at the end toward the front of the car not the back of the car. Is that correct?

2) Everytime i would open and close the right side doors, the subs would make a "thump" noise. Also, when i open and close the side compartment thing on the front passenger side door, the subs would make a "thump noise." Any idea why this happens?

Also, where are the subs wires located on the amp?....i know they are sky blue (-) and pink (+), but which ones are they on the amp?

Thanks
1. it was the red one at the end toward the back of the car.
2. There's an "Auto turn on switch" . Set it to OFF will solve that problem.

If you couldn't find it at the amp location, then try at the subwoofer location like I did.
Old 04-03-06, 11:09 AM
Phillip31
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tim817

If you couldn't find it at the amp location, then try at the subwoofer location like I did.
I dont have an "Auto turn on switch" on my amp.

I removed the rear seats ( the bottom and the back), but i couldnt figure out how to pop up the rear deck to get acces to the sub. How did u get access to the factory sub to tap on to the wires?
Old 04-03-06, 03:43 PM
tim817
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Phillip31
I dont have an "Auto turn on switch" on my amp.

I removed the rear seats ( the bottom and the back), but i couldnt figure out how to pop up the rear deck to get acces to the sub. How did u get access to the factory sub to tap on to the wires?
I belived there's an instructions in this forum with pictures on how to remove the rear deck on the car. I kinda forgot the whole process on how to access the sub.
Old 04-07-06, 02:26 PM
Phillip31
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tim817

I connected the remote wire to the red wire on the amp at the end toward the back of the car, but it still didn't work. I turned on the car and the radio, but i got no power from it. Those wires are just signal outputs for the right side speakers coz when i disconnected the harness i heard no music coming out from the right speakers.

I dunno how it worked for you, but i got no power from it.
Old 04-07-06, 02:59 PM
mofogasm
Pole Position

i used the red wire which is connected to the last connecter plugged into the stock amp for my remote wire.
Old 04-07-06, 05:48 PM
Phillip31
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mofogasm
i used the red wire which is connected to the last connecter plugged into the stock amp for my remote wire.
Ok i tried again...and now it did work! The LED light on the amp turned on when i started the car. Maybe i didnt tap onto the wire very well.

However, now i got another problem. Now the subs dont work. For some reason the subs aren't getting any signal anymore. Im getting power to the amp now but the subs arent bumpin.

So then i connected my remote wire back to the original wire that i had before that had continuous power no matter if the car was on or off...and the subs were working again.
Old 04-07-06, 06:03 PM
varok
Driver

That wire may or may not work. It only has 5V when I tested it. If your amp requires a 12V signal then it will not work. I used the orange wire in the 2nd connector with the smaller wires.
Old 04-07-06, 06:08 PM
Phillip31
Pole Position

Originally Posted by varok
That wire may or may not work. It only has 5V when I tested it. If your amp requires a 12V signal then it will not work. I used the orange wire in the 2nd connector with the smaller wires.
So u used the orange wire that's with all those smaller/thinner wires. Those wires carry 12V??....i didnt even bother with those wires becasue they looked to thin to carry power. How did u even tap onto those wires? They're so thin!

Last edited by Phillip31; 04-07-06 at 06:22 PM.