IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Ordered Sport but Lux arrived

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-06, 07:48 PM
Redpaste
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordered Sport but Lux arrived

Well I got the call from the dealer and my car is at the dealer. I ordered the sport package but I now just realized that the car has the lux package. I did not take delivery yet, I didnt notice this at the dealer but just noticed a couple minutes ago. Heres how:

When I got to the dealership, I was told the car was going to be about $600 more. "Fuel costs and other options" I told him to give me the final price and he gave me a breakdown of MSRP + tax+ other dealer fees - $1000 deposit. = 44071

I realized the MSRP he gave me today was higher than what is on my purchase/order agreement.
Sport MSRP on my purchase/order agreement was $43,069

The number he gave me today was MSRP $43,684

After checking the Lexus website and building my own. I noticed the only way I could get the MSRP the dealer game me today was to build it with the lux package(the last package on the bottom of the page) This is why I am assuming I got a lux packaged car, I wont know until I can verify this tomorrow, (wood trim, illum plates, non- medal pedals)

What should I do? ****** and complain? I really don't want to do that. The only reason I wanted the sport was because of the sport suspension. What would you do?
Old 03-30-06, 07:54 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

What should I do? ****** and complain? I really don't want to do that. The only reason I wanted the sport was because of the sport suspension. What would you do?[/QUOTE]

I really regret not getting the "LUX" package, especially the DVD navigation.

This is what I would do. Since its only 1 or 2k more, just keep the lux package. Why? Because you are getting alot more and you can make your own sports package, by just buying some lowering springs (eibach) and some good shocks--and there you have it, the LUX package and the sports package (1000 less if you do it your self) all together. If i could sell my IS350, I think this is what i would do. Anyone wan buy my base is350?
Old 03-30-06, 07:54 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Check out the car first. If it is the lux package, ask the dealer to lower it for you at no charge. If it is the sport package, then verity the contract purchase price and get the proper fix.

Good luck. I hope you get all that you want.
Old 03-30-06, 07:58 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 137 Likes on 100 Posts

More and More I am seeing people here taking delivery of something they didn't order. What is going on? If you put in a special order for sports package, WHY are you getting something different?

I clearly understand not wanting to wait but why should you HAVE to settle for something less than what you originally ordered? If it's clear that what you ordered you didn't get than it's Lexus that needs to make it right for you, why is it the consumer that must suffer not having what the consumer wants, especially if it's available, which it is.

Don't understand it. Quality control, why can't you get what you ordered?
It's making me nervous cause I know everything I want on the 2007 model IS will have to be ordered from me. I want my own configuration, not someone elses.
Old 03-30-06, 07:59 PM
blkIS350
Driver

I would go to the general manager and complain and get them to give you the car with the Lux package at the Sport pacakge price you contracted for and then try and get them to lower the car for you at no additional charge. That would be the best case scenario.
Old 03-30-06, 08:10 PM
ybing
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Redpaste
What should I do? ****** and complain? I really don't want to do that. The only reason I wanted the sport was because of the sport suspension. What would you do?
Ask them to lower your price~~becoz you didnt get what you want...
then take the money to buy aftermarket suspension...the stock one wont be good enough=.="...
(Stock's things always not very good and $$$ =.=")
You can buy the sport padel for $70 on ebay...
All the things are same between Lux & sport package...except the wood and suspension...
I actually like wood more than metallic one...
So...go and told them lower the price ~~~~~
Old 03-30-06, 08:17 PM
Langdell
Driver

First of all, don't panic. You have not yet confirmed that it's a lux package and not a sport package. It might be that the discrepancy in MSRP is from some other add-ons, etc. that the dealer is trying to palm off on you. I would not necessarily take the website "car builder" as gospel. When I originally placed a special order for Sport, etc., I was given the disclaimer that the final sticker price might come out different from the one calculated on the purchase order.

Second, all due respect, but t0e's information is inaccurate. Nav is not part of the Lux package, and you can get Nav with Sport obviously. (I don't think you even need another package to special order Nav.) Indeed, the purchase order price you quoted sounds like it included Nav. Lux package does not give you "a lot more" than Sport, it mostly just gives you different than Sport. Sport--sport suspension + aluminum pedals + aluminum scuff plates, Lux--wood trim + window shades + illuminated scuff plates. (I may be missing some items, but I think those are the main ones. Both packages get you the big stuff like heated/ventilated seats and adaptive HID headlights.)

If the car really is Lux and you can live with that, then give the dealer the what-for for not ordering what you asked for and demand a price reduction. If not getting the Sport would bug you and fill you with regret, then don't settle. Demand that they get you the car you want. And they really should give you a price reduction even then for your trouble. You might also shop around to see if other dealers have one that is what you want available without the wait.

At a bare minimum, I would complain if I ordered a car and they got me a car with the wrong package. But, again, don't panic until you know for sure that is what happened.
Old 03-30-06, 08:39 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Well put Langdell. I concur.
Old 03-30-06, 08:55 PM
Kipperm13
Driver

HAHA This is funny. The same thing happened to me. I think the problem is the two different LUX packages they have on there sheet there is an LL package and the LT. The LT has the 18" sport summer tires and the LL doesn't. My dealer though the LT was the sport package and when they called me they told me it must have went up $600 i was like ...no it didn't and asked to tell me the package and they said LT... i was like nooo thats not right. i wanted the ST which is the sport. Well right off the bat they said "well we have it do you still want it for the same price we discussed". I jumped on it. So I got the LT package with PA and HW for $40,400 I was happy

PS Just to make sure I test drove the LUX package first becasue the car i test drove was a sport package and i like the smother ride... but New Springs are coming soon