IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Anyone actually have a 250RWD / Luxury?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-06, 03:04 PM
boykster
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone actually have a 250RWD / Luxury?

I just placed an order for a 250AWD / Luxury / Nav from Lexus of Bellevue...I really wanted a RWD but the salesman claims that that combo isn't available. I went ahead and ordered the AWD, but am curious if it is possible and if anyone actually HAS or has seen a RWD / Luxury combo.

Granted, the only RWD's I've seen at the 3 dealers around here have been RWD / Premium, and I'd prefer the Lux package over the RWD...but damn. I'm already going to have to wait 3-4mos to get the color combo I want...if RWD / Lux are that rare it would be forever and a day....

Anyway...

Thx
Old 03-27-06, 06:58 PM
OLD OKCIS
Driver School Candidate

You can get a 250RWD Luxury/Nav. I ordered the same combo in black/black 11/7/05. The dealer called today to say that it had finally arrived at the dealership. It has been very, very long 20 weeks - but tomorrow afternoon when I pick it up, I will finally realize that it was worth the wait!
Old 03-27-06, 07:54 PM
dmacneill
Rookie

Originally Posted by OKCIS
You can get a 250RWD Luxury/Nav. I ordered the same combo in black/black 11/7/05. The dealer called today to say that it had finally arrived at the dealership. It has been very, very long 20 weeks - but tomorrow afternoon when I pick it up, I will finally realize that it was worth the wait!
Yes, it is well worth the wait. My IS250 has the Luxury package, but it was only available by special order. I got the car about a month ago and am loving every minute of driving it.
Old 03-27-06, 07:56 PM
boykster
Driver School Candidate

Wow, thanks...great to hear...that's exciting that you're taking delivery tomorrow.

I just got a call for another Lexus dealer in my area...they're making a factory "preference" order for the month of April...suggesting that oddball or rare combinations would be more accessible as they would be building to order. I gave a deposit on the car I already ordered, but was told it was 100% refundable no-strings....

Wish me luck!

----------------

wanting a Smoky Granite Mica / Sterling RWD250 / Luxury / Nav
Old 03-28-06, 05:31 AM
Lem144
Intermediate

Originally Posted by boykster
Wow, thanks...great to hear...that's exciting that you're taking delivery tomorrow.

I just got a call for another Lexus dealer in my area...they're making a factory "preference" order for the month of April...suggesting that oddball or rare combinations would be more accessible as they would be building to order. I gave a deposit on the car I already ordered, but was told it was 100% refundable no-strings....

Wish me luck!

----------------

wanting a Smoky Granite Mica / Sterling RWD250 / Luxury / Nav

I'd complain to the GM of the dealership. That's a bunch of lies they told you. Maybe you'll get a special discount out of it.
Old 03-28-06, 02:29 PM
boykster
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lem144
I'd complain to the GM of the dealership. That's a bunch of lies they told you. Maybe you'll get a special discount out of it.
I'm already gearing up to play the 2 dealerships against each other. Once I get the order in with the seattle dealership, I'm sure that Bellevue will come back and say "oh, sure we could place an order for that for you"....

The salesman that I placed the AWD order with was incessantly pushing us to buy stock of the lot...I didn't WANT any of those. I don't mind waiting, but I want what I want.
Old 03-28-06, 06:47 PM
Lem144
Intermediate

Originally Posted by boykster
I'm already gearing up to play the 2 dealerships against each other. Once I get the order in with the seattle dealership, I'm sure that Bellevue will come back and say "oh, sure we could place an order for that for you"....

The salesman that I placed the AWD order with was incessantly pushing us to buy stock of the lot...I didn't WANT any of those. I don't mind waiting, but I want what I want.

Amen, especially when you're paying $35-40,000!
Old 03-30-06, 04:22 PM
NayC55
Driver School Candidate

I want to get a 250 with Luxury pkg, Nav and ML but I dont want to wait 90-120 days.

There's a black on black 250 with premium/nav/18s/PA thats been sitting on my dealer's lot, I might just get it next week.

What exactly will I be missing out on (giving up ML/Luxury)?
Old 03-31-06, 11:15 AM
fud
Rookie

Originally Posted by NayC55
I want to get a 250 with Luxury pkg, Nav and ML but I dont want to wait 90-120 days.

There's a black on black 250 with premium/nav/18s/PA thats been sitting on my dealer's lot, I might just get it next week.

What exactly will I be missing out on (giving up ML/Luxury)?

Only thing I think you'll be missing out is the AFS HID lights, auto tilt on steering wheel, and memory system.
Old 03-31-06, 01:07 PM
dmacneill
Rookie

Originally Posted by fud
Only thing I think you'll be missing out is the AFS HID lights, auto tilt on steering wheel, and memory system.
There are a few more things that you will be missing out on. Below are the Premium and Luxury Packages listed on Lexus' web site.

Premium Package (RWD only) - $1,290 [2]

- Auburn bird's-eye maple interior trim
- Perforated leather-trimmed interior
- Heated and ventilated front seats

Luxury Package w/18-in wheels (RWD only) - $4,215 [2]

- Auburn bird's-eye maple interior trim
- Perforated leather-trimmed interior
- Power tilt-and-telescopic steering column
- Lexus Memory System for power driver's seat (except lumbar), outside mirrors and steering wheel
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Illuminated doorsill scuff plates
- Power rear-window sunshade
- Rain-sensing intermittent windshield wipers with mist cycle
- Electrochromic (auto-dimming) outside mirrors with auto tilt-down in reverse
- Bi-xenon High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps
- Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)
- 18 x 8.0-in alloy wheels with 225/40YR18 tires front [3], 18 x 8.5-in alloy wheels with 255/40YR18 tires rear [3] (RWD only)
Old 04-05-06, 03:51 PM
boykster
Driver School Candidate

Well, I finally got the dealer that has my deposit to place a special order. At first, the salesperson said they couldn't do it, so I told him a different dealer would to it for me anytime I wanted. He then backed off and said they could do it, but his manager said it was that dealerships policy to have PAYMENT IN FULL upfront at the time of ordering. I nearly laughed my *** off on that one. I very firmly said that was ridiculous and told him I would like a refund of my deposit and that I would order from somewhere else. He said he would talk to his manager and get back to me about placing the order for the existing deposit ($5k). He called back and said they could do it and just transfer the deposit.

Why didn't I just walk? Leverage. I'm in the drivers seat here now. I go in tomorrow to review the order paperwork (upon my request) and to talk price. I'm almost positive that they're going to try to **** with me on price, but I'm not having it.

Cheers
Old 04-05-06, 04:05 PM
is4me2
Lead Lap

Cool

Are you saying that you've already given them a $5,000 deposit????? If so, that is crazy to give them that amount of money and you will be waiting 3-4 months. $500-$1,000 is the norm for most dealer deposits. I gave $500 on a credit card and waited four months. Good luck, but that sounds like a horrible dealership and if they are giving you a hard time just about ordering you a car I don't see smooth sailing ahead there....very choppy waters for sure
Old 04-05-06, 08:18 PM
boykster
Driver School Candidate

Unfortunately, $5k is pretty standard with the dealerships around here. The first one I worked with only wanted $500, but they pretty much wouldn't order the car for me so that's pretty much a wash. Sure, $5k is a good chunk, essentially an interest free loan, but when the guy told me I'd have to pay for the car IN FULL I just about lost it.
Old 04-06-06, 01:35 PM
LXSofNboro
Driver School Candidate

in Our territory,

RWD vehicles are not preconfigured with the Lux. Pkg. -only AWD.

Factory order only up here.

40 grand, and still no mark levinson??
Old 07-20-06, 10:52 PM
boykster
Driver School Candidate

Well, its due by the end of the month....hit port (in portland OR) yesterday, will be at dealer and ready for delivery by the end of the month

Worth the wait? Absolutely........

Quick Reply: Anyone actually have a 250RWD / Luxury?