IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models
View Poll Results: Does it happen to you ?
Yes
51.76%
No
48.24%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Do people challenge you to race ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-06, 03:06 PM
ra1n
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why aren't any stories being posted by IS250s. This is depressing.

NO NO, don't tell me the 250 doesn't have enough HP.

I've heard that too much.

But guess what. I CAN STILL SMOKE MANY CARS....

....like civics, corollas, possibly camry?, sc300's, sc400's, construction trucks, UPS trucks, minivans... the LIST IS CONTINUOUS..

But seriously, I'm only a junior in high school. Most of my friends drive average economic vehicles, so I don't find myself unsatisfied when meeting up with them in the streets.
Old 03-30-06, 04:12 PM
eddiec
Pole Position

I did have a chance with Infiniti FX35. Too bad that I forget I have a PWR ETC button at that time and that is why I didn't win.

And a month ago I met a guy in the highway. He kept following me and then drove in front of me. Then I know it is a new BMW 7 with "pipes". It's impossible that I will win him but I can follow him during 0~100km. After that, you all know the result
Old 03-30-06, 04:13 PM
jcreech
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my is350 would kill an fx35 in regular and ect.
Old 03-30-06, 05:16 PM
y2ks2k
CL Folding Freak

I actually had my first encounter. I admit I don’t do it on the road much any more but this was a good safe situation. We were in a lot of traffic at a light that was turning onto a hugely long 2 lane freeway entrance. I’m a few cars back in the left lane and I see this 3rd generation Vette (aka the worst) growl his engine in the 3rd lane over, cut a few cars off and get into the 2nd turn lane to take pole position. I saw the guy and knowing 3rd generation vettes was able to stealthy get behind him with little trouble (one lane change). So there we sat. Seing how crazy the guy was, I knew he would be stomping it on the freeway entrance. This thing was modified, I could hear it growl very loud earlier and could here him rumble at stop. He also had some pretty fat tires on it. All in all.. It looked very late 80's The light turns green and he bolts the corner on to the long stretch ( I think he almost slid). I of course followed quickly. We hit the strait and I could hear (and smell) that he was stomping it. I know I scared the crap out of him because I quickly was able to switch lanes next to him and at a faster pace then you would expect passed his screaming 80's push rod and continued to pull on him a good 10 car lengths approaching 100 as we approached I5 (full of cars doing 70 mph). As usual I5 was pretty busy but I was able to easily get in the fast lane after slowing down before the actual entrance for which he still hadn’t caught up. He had a lot more problems and even though I slowed up and paced the car in front of me, he apparently though the race was still on because I watched him for the next 5 minutes trying to dodge through traffic to get me. This went on for a good 5 miles as I traveled at the speed of the pack. It was kind of funny, my exit came up and I took it. All of his crazy driving never got him back to me. As I took he exit in the right lane, he went screaming by me in the open right lane again.

I probably created a monster. He’ll pull up to ever Lexus owner there is in the future and try to drag.
Old 04-27-06, 04:46 PM
flybret
Driver School Candidate

I like racing minivans and other random 4 door POS's, my reason.... I barely have to stomp on it, and I'm like a football field ahead of them and they havent even started. I got the road to myself. I totally need to set up like a james bond thing where it sprays oil all over the road. Get rid of all the POS's. haha
Old 04-29-06, 03:37 PM
flnsx
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

DUDE! I owne a C6 and it runs 12.7 STOCK with a 4 speed auto!

You are a crazy person. I can run in the 12's with a 2.2 60 foot.

LOL
Old 04-29-06, 05:51 PM
taejin09
Lead Lap

I have not yet been challenged to race. Maybe it is the fact that every nice car I stopped at a stoplight with was owned by either a lady or a guy who seemed to be aged over 50
Old 04-30-06, 12:12 AM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

I married to a Jedi woman!

My wife owns the IS350, and I am the one making decisions on what to change or not. I told her about what I saw about the racing posts here and this is what she said:

"I will show them the sabor but not turning it on" Hahaha...

Again, I am sure she is not 18 any more, and she will not hit 75 mph in any normal day.

May the force be with all Lexus owners.