Print Wikipost

List of Voice Commands?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-06, 10:16 AM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Langdell
Am I the only one who finds the whole voice command system to be--at best--unreliable? When I use my voice instead of my fingers, my baby seems to have real trouble understanding what I'm telling her. As but one example, a command to show "gas stations" might bring up "convention centers" or "setting temperature to 78 degrees" as a response.

I have about given up trying to use voice commands, except for finding "Chinese restaurants," which seems to work pretty well. Not that big a deal as talking out loud to a machine makes me feel like an idiot anyway. But it sounds like others are having better luck with the functionality of this feature.
I agree. I don't know if it's because my voice is too soft or I don't enunciate enough but at times, I'll say a command and it won't recognize what I'm trying to say. For example, I'll say "cd changer" and it gives me convention centers. Or when I say "73 degrees", it sets the temp at 78 degrees. Go figure. I'd also try to speak slower and enunciate more but it just makes it worse. Plus, I find the whole voice command thing just more time consuming than if i were to just push the button myself.

Originally Posted by artie00
There is a list of voice commands in the back of the Navigation Quick Guide booklet. Not sure if this is all of them but it looks like enough of them to get you going.
The quick guide is good but it's not very comprehensive. It certainly doesn't have the "I'm hungry" option. I'll have to try that one. That's pretty cool!
Old 04-23-06, 11:32 AM
lifeisgood
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bichon
I have what I believe is a definitive list, but it isn't in a post. It is on some Xerox'd sheets passed on to me from a dealer tech. I scanned them in, but the board won't let me post a JPG bigger than 100k. Dave, if you want me to email them to you, PM me your address.
If you e-mail your jpeg list to me, I'll transcribe and post them. I'm still looking for a complete listing.
Old 04-23-06, 03:58 PM
phish2112
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by artie00
There is a list of voice commands in the back of the Navigation Quick Guide booklet. Not sure if this is all of them but it looks like enough of them to get you going.
I didn't get a navigation quick guide booklet. Just a main owners manual quick guide that has nothing about NAV in it.

Guess thats why I couldn't find the voice command list...
Old 04-25-06, 06:20 PM
phish2112
Driver

http://members.roadfly.com/litzdog911/LexVoice.xls
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/att...entid=64966.txt

I found these on the RX site, I still don't think either of these are everything but still pretty comprehensive.
Old 05-21-06, 01:56 PM
bushsux1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by inecstaz
I was using the voice command feature the other day and I must have said something wrong... She told me "Voice Recognition has been turned off" or something like that. Does anyone know what that means? Because when I pushed the voice command button she still asked me for a command... and she still told me when to turn and stuff.
I just got a GS450h and I can't get the phone to dial by voice. I get a message that a voicetag is not registered and a similar message saying that voice recognition isn't turned on.

Does anybody know how to get the dial by name function to work?

Thanks
Old 05-21-06, 02:08 PM
EBMCS03
Lead Lap

I dont like the Voice command... its very unreliable... That and I'm still trying to figure out if the voice commands are screen depenent. When I'm in NAV mode I say "Radio AM" it shows all the "ATMs."

Thats only one example. I cant get a lot of the commands to work.
Old 05-21-06, 02:12 PM
mike841
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by phish2112
I didn't get a navigation quick guide booklet. Just a main owners manual quick guide that has nothing about NAV in it.

Guess thats why I couldn't find the voice command list...
There is no voice command list in the nav. manual Why that is does not make any sense to someone who has that capability. I didn't get a quick guide to nav either. Also being a canadian Lexus owner they decided we didn't need voice rec. commands for the a/c. That's annoying.

Last edited by mike841; 05-21-06 at 02:18 PM.
Old 05-21-06, 02:25 PM
mike841
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by EBMCS03
I dont like the Voice command... its very unreliable... That and I'm still trying to figure out if the voice commands are screen depenent. When I'm in NAV mode I say "Radio AM" it shows all the "ATMs."

Thats only one example. I cant get a lot of the commands to work.
The map commands are screen dependant. Didn't you notice that she said "that command is not available on this screen". The radio/cd isn't. And on my canadian version I have to say "dvd" for the cd player.
It works fine as long as you say the right words in the right screen.

Last edited by mike841; 05-21-06 at 02:29 PM.
Old 05-21-06, 02:33 PM
EBMCS03
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mike841
The map commands are screen dependant. Didn't you notice that she said "that command is not available on this screen". The radio/cd isn't. And on my canadian version I have to say "dvd" for the cd player.
It works fine as long as you say the right words in the right screen.
Nope never said that. only showed ATM POIs instead of going to my AM radio station.
Old 05-21-06, 02:37 PM
mike841
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bushsux1
I just got a GS450h and I can't get the phone to dial by voice. I get a message that a voicetag is not registered and a similar message saying that voice recognition isn't turned on.

Does anybody know how to get the dial by name function to work?

Thanks
I find the easist way to make a phone call to someone who is already stored is to press the phone button on the steering wheel then touch the name on the screen you want to call, very simple. Otherwise you have to go thru several different voice commands and screens to dial the no.
Old 05-21-06, 02:40 PM
mike841
Driver School Candidate

Nope never said that. only showed ATM POIs instead of going to my AM radio station.
I noticed you say "radio am". Try saying it the other way around, "am Radio" if you haven't already.
Old 05-21-06, 03:31 PM
EBMCS03
Lead Lap

I'll try... it.

thats why we need a proper list of voice commands....
Old 05-21-06, 04:38 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

thats why we need a proper list of voice commands....
There is a list. Look at the on-screen help on the display. If you need to keep a list in front of you, or to use as cue cards, then I guess that defeats the whole point of voice commands.

Feel free to iterate through all the screens and write them down though.
Old 05-21-06, 04:41 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by TimboIS
There is a list. Look at the on-screen help on the display. If you need to keep a list in front of you, or to use as cue cards, then I guess that defeats the whole point of voice commands.

Feel free to iterate through all the screens and write them down though.
The list on the on-screen help and in the quick reference guide are both incomplete.
Old 05-21-06, 04:43 PM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Say the word "help" or press the help button..

on the screen to get a list of about 99% of the commands. some commands have changed from earlier models and still some of the earlier versions still work like "I'm hungry". That is a general command as compared to "nearest Thai food" and "showlist" after that and you have all of the Thai restaurants listed by proximity to your location. After successfully getting the system to do your bidding say "hide all icons" which will clear the screen of previously called up icons.

If you want to make a "dial by name" first you have to record a voice tag for the phone book listing of your choice. While in the edit/entry page scroll down to the voice recognition and follow the prompts to record your own phone commands. You get 20 of those. Now to execute.. Push the phone off the hook switch on the steering wheel. Now push the voice command and after the beep say "dial by name". It will ask for the command and if it confirms the correct listing push the phone off the hook button again for about a second. It should dial it for you. The speed dials are actually faster and you get 17 of those but you have to make a few stabs of the screen while you are driving, your choice depending on the traffic conditions...

Voice commands take practice so try perfecting a few that are 90% reliable before impressing your friends with your omnipotence....

Rock

Quick Reply: List of Voice Commands?