IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Color change

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-06, 09:27 PM
Tropheus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Color change

I have an IS 350 Crystal white with Navigation and ML. Today I noticed that the color theme of my screen disply changed to blue instead of the regular white....I'm talking about the shadow that surrounds each little icons. This is strange because I did not make any change to my display option. Has any of you experienced this? BTW, My car had just passed the 4.5K mile mark and the "oil mainteance" warning is now on every time I start the car reminding the 5K service. Maybe this change in display color happens periodically??
Old 03-03-06, 09:38 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tropheus
I have an IS 350 Crystal white with Navigation and ML. Today I noticed that the color theme of my screen disply changed to blue instead of the regular white....I'm talking about the shadow that surrounds each little icons. This is strange because I did not make any change to my display option. Has any of you experienced this? BTW, My car had just passed the 4.5K mile mark and the "oil mainteance" warning is now on every time I start the car reminding the 5K service. Maybe this change in display color happens periodically??
I'm sure you are familiar with day vs. night mode, right?
Old 03-03-06, 09:43 PM
Tropheus
Driver School Candidate

Yes, I am familiar with the day and night mode, and this is NOT the case. I need to take a picture to help explain what I am talking about.
Old 03-03-06, 09:55 PM
johnnyboy
Lexus Champion

that sounds interesting
Old 03-03-06, 10:57 PM
SportyStar
Driver

Default NAV Screen Color Theme Changes

I have an IS 350 Crystal white with Navigation and ML. Today I noticed that the color theme of my screen display changed to blue instead of the regular white....I'm talking about the shadow that surrounds each little icons. This is strange because I did not make any change to my display option. Has any of you experienced this?
My NAV screen currently has the "blue" icon shadows, although I intentionally made the change myself while playing around with the features. Originally (from the factory/dealer) mine featured the "gold" icon shadows. Hmm, could there possibly be some kind of shortcut button that when pressed made it change colors on you? That certainly is an interesting happening for it to change colors on its own. A little off-topic, but something new I discovered just recently was that when the map is up on the NAV screen, you can drag your finger across the screen to temporarily view the surrounding vicinity (and the street names even pop up at whatever point your finger is on). I'll have to read up in the manual whether there's a shortcut to calculating the route to a new destination simply by touch-pointing to a particular spot on the map. NAV is so cool! Anyway, if you don't like the blue icon theme, it's not too hard to switch back to the gold (or what you refer to as "white" ... I can't remember if there's just gold and blue, or if there was white as well). Good luck!

Last edited by SportyStar; 03-03-06 at 11:02 PM.
Old 03-04-06, 11:07 AM
Tropheus
Driver School Candidate

Hey SportyStar, you obviously know what I'm talking about. I actually like the new blue display...kinda refreshing. I'm just puzzle how it changed on its own. I do remember cleaning the display two days ago and might have touched the buttons inadvertently.

Thanks for the navigation tip. I discovered it, too. The Lexus nav system is so intuitive....and useful. Certainly worth the money.
Old 03-04-06, 07:16 PM
sjgIS350
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Oil Maintenace alert is because you are due for the 5000 mile oil change. Note that you can set the interval for oil change and other mainteance items in the maintenace menu of the nav system.
Old 03-04-06, 07:34 PM
Soda
Pole Position

I changed the tach indicator light and the orange speed one, and the colors of the nav screen thing. It's cool that it lets you change all that stuff!
Old 03-04-06, 08:42 PM
SportyStar
Driver

Default Blue vs. Gold Nav icon shadows

Hey SportyStar, you obviously know what I'm talking about. I actually like the new blue display...kinda refreshing. I'm just puzzle how it changed on its own. I do remember cleaning the display two days ago and might have touched the buttons inadvertently.

Thanks for the navigation tip. I discovered it, too. The Lexus nav system is so intuitive....and useful. Certainly worth the money.
Those blue shadows are pretty cool, aren't they. Since you brought up the topic, this evening I decided to change the color back to gold -- just for comparison -- since I've had it set at blue for the past 3 months. Interesting thing I noticed about the gold theme, for those of you with cashmere interiors (under the right outside lighting conditions) the shade of gold actually matches the color of the cashmere.