Print Wikipost

Fast Install of Illuminated Scuff Plates

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-06, 11:29 AM
rys
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mr.BeboT
possible build revision has a connector now? I'll be picking my car up on the 20th so that would be great news as I didn't plan to do this mod due to the wiring hassle.
The issue wasn't that the connector wasn't there, it's that the connector always has been there, but the plates never worked because the connector wasn't hooked up to the control circuit.

-Brian
Old 05-11-06, 12:15 PM
flybret
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rys
FYI, ISP typically refers to the ISP Wheels, on this forum.

-Brian
I'll make sure to explain all acronyms that i use for now on. But IMHO (in my honest opinion) I think by reading this forum, ISP (illuminated scuff plates) does not refer to the ISP wheels, " LOL" (lots of laughs) BTW (by the way), what does FYI refer to.? Is it kinda like GFY with an an i for "idiot" at the end? jk (just kidding) hehe
Old 05-11-06, 02:29 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by flybret
I'll make sure to explain all acronyms that i use for now on. But IMHO (in my honest opinion) I think by reading this forum, ISP (illuminated scuff plates) does not refer to the ISP wheels, " LOL" (lots of laughs) BTW (by the way), what does FYI refer to.? Is it kinda like GFY with an an i for "idiot" at the end? jk (just kidding) hehe
Funny stuff... Oh, BTW (by the way)...
IMHO = In my humble opinion
LOL = Laugh(ing) out loud

Javier
Old 05-12-06, 07:42 AM
flybret
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by javylsu
Funny stuff... Oh, BTW (by the way)...
IMHO = In my humble opinion
LOL = Laugh(ing) out loud

Javier

Dude, I was hoping he would correct me. haha
Old 05-12-06, 09:39 AM
Jkeys
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Tuxlex, my ISP's are probably sitting on my doorstep as we speak while I'm at work anxious to go home. I'll make sure to just try plugging them in as that would be a smart thing to do first. haha I'll keep the fingers crossed.
Did you get them installed?
Old 05-12-06, 10:24 AM
flybret
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Jkeys
I just got them last night, I'm planning on installing this weekend. I'll provide details when I am finished
Old 05-12-06, 10:52 AM
ihkskim
Lexus Test Driver

I just got them last night, I'm planning on installing this weekend. I'll provide details when I am finished
THe only thing i would like to add to these instructions is.. get a smaller wire taper. because when i bought the red ones.. it was too big for the orange wire and it woudl not cut through.. i got the blue wire taper instead (blue) from radio shack. instrutions are very easy. the Only small minor thing is.. they don't fade in and out like the stock ones.. hehe but its ok. i am not complaining

1. put the wire taper on the orange wire w/ the new wires and crimp
2. cut the grey wire from the connector on the ISP
3. connect the grey wire to the new wires and your set
Old 05-13-06, 12:23 AM
ViSH7o2
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ihkskim
THe only thing i would like to add to these instructions is.. get a smaller wire taper. because when i bought the red ones.. it was too big for the orange wire and it woudl not cut through.. i got the blue wire taper instead (blue) from radio shack. instrutions are very easy. the Only small minor thing is.. they don't fade in and out like the stock ones.. hehe but its ok. i am not complaining

1. put the wire taper on the orange wire w/ the new wires and crimp
2. cut the grey wire from the connector on the ISP
3. connect the grey wire to the new wires and your set

hey guys... im having a hard time doing this wire stuff.. at first i thought these things were plug and play so i just snapped it in and was very dissapointed.. afte a lil searching i found this!

anyone in Socal (orange county) down to help a fellow CL'er??? 20 bux in it for ya hehe
i just dont wanna **** anything up as i an prone to fowling over electrical stuff..

let me know

p.s. is it ok if it un-illumintaed but still plugged into the white wire for the mean time?
Old 05-13-06, 01:23 AM
ihkskim
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ViSH7o2
hey guys... im having a hard time doing this wire stuff.. at first i thought these things were plug and play so i just snapped it in and was very dissapointed.. afte a lil searching i found this!

anyone in Socal (orange county) down to help a fellow CL'er??? 20 bux in it for ya hehe
i just dont wanna **** anything up as i an prone to fowling over electrical stuff..

let me know

p.s. is it ok if it un-illumintaed but still plugged into the white wire for the mean time?
yeah i'm willing to help you out.. let me know
Old 05-13-06, 12:05 PM
flybret
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Jkeys

They are installed and work great. I had to do the wiring. Instructions were perfect.
Old 05-21-06, 04:10 PM
mr.BeboT
Driver

They are installed and work great. I had to do the wiring. Instructions were perfect.
anybody else take recent delivery and find that they were plug and play? It really makes or breaks the deal for me.
Old 05-22-06, 06:22 AM
flybret
Driver School Candidate

anybody else take recent delivery and find that they were plug and play? It really makes or breaks the deal for me.
It's really not that hard to wire. It's only one wire. Well worth doing.
Old 05-22-06, 07:23 AM
Taka
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all I can tell you is that my dealer (Japan) did installed the scuff plates for me and told me it is plug and play here (Japan). I guess US and Jpn IS's have different circuits..

as flybret said, its not hard to wire, just follow rljones's instruction (pg1) it is worth doing this!
btw rljones, gj on the write up
Old 05-22-06, 08:52 AM
Kavistar
Rookie

Default Where To Buy

I have read a few posts on here regarding the illuminated scuff plates. I have not seen anyone say where they are getting these from. Is everyone buying these from the dealer? From an online source? How much are they going for?

Also, two other quick questions: Do these replace the whole scuff plate, or just the Lexus logo part of the scuff plate? And do you install them on the front door plates only, or the rear as well?

Thanks,
Kavistar
Old 05-22-06, 09:08 AM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Kavistar
I have read a few posts on here regarding the illuminated scuff plates. I have not seen anyone say where they are getting these from. Is everyone buying these from the dealer? From an online source? How much are they going for?

Also, two other quick questions: Do these replace the whole scuff plate, or just the Lexus logo part of the scuff plate? And do you install them on the front door plates only, or the rear as well?

Thanks,
Kavistar
Well, everyone here is changing out the front scuff plates. They sell replacement rear scuff plates as well but those don't light up. And the front one's everyone is using replaces the whole scuff plate.

Quick Reply: Fast Install of Illuminated Scuff Plates