IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Installation: 2nd gen IS Ipod Integration.

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-06, 08:57 PM
yankee_fan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayner
You need to buy a ground loop isolator to fix the hum or else don't have the charger plugged in while you're listening to the iPod.
i've got that part figured out...but it's starting to look like wire hell in my center consule(sp?).

from the prior posts i got the impression that it was a TSB that "AllenAggie had goin on.

oh well, it's a small price to pay for such a great car
Old 03-19-06, 06:15 AM
AllenAggie
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by yankee_fan
has anyone had any luck with the possible TSB for the humming noise? i called my dealer and they had zero info

- cheers
Bad news. They were not able to fix the problem. I don't understand why they even said there was a solution. I've decided to not even mess with it any more. I'm just using the ipod without plugging it into the power adaptor....hopefully they'll get a real soulution some time soon.
Old 03-19-06, 09:11 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AllenAggie
Bad news. They were not able to fix the problem. I don't understand why they even said there was a solution. I've decided to not even mess with it any more. I'm just using the ipod without plugging it into the power adaptor....hopefully they'll get a real soulution some time soon.
So you never got an official TSB #?
Old 03-19-06, 01:18 PM
gmeardi
Rookie

Default the iPod ways...

Hi, after having read this post I came to these two considerations/possibilities:

(1) Use the method explained just on the first post and save 300 bucks. In fact... why integrating the iPod only to change tracks on the steering wheel for so much money? Volume controls already work and the iPod is easily accessible..
What I could consider would be to integrate inside the center console all that amount of wires... letting coming outside - close to aux and power - only the iPod dock connector (does anybody know if there would be a simple way to do this?)

- or -

(2) I would consider a reasonably expensive interface only if enables the NAV screen to get all of the track info, cover and iPod 5g videos.

This is my opinion. Bye! Gianluca
Old 04-07-06, 04:08 PM
gmeardi
Rookie

Does anybody know if exists a dual ipod cable: car charger and audio out from the ipod dock connector? It would be perfect for the IS...
I've looked around but didn't find one.

Many thanks, Gianluca
Old 04-07-06, 04:34 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

i think the very first post in this thread, the part you might be looking for is listed in b)
Old 04-09-06, 02:40 PM
Blahzay
Driver School Candidate

I bought that belkin charger with line out at the Apple Store, but found the sound quality to not be that great (even with the ground loop adapter). Additionally, several people have claimed (in Apple Store product reviews) that the Belkin Car Kit has screwed up their ipods.

I'm thinking of getting one of these: http://www.sik.com/ram_din.php anybody already have one?
Old 04-09-06, 03:34 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Blahzay
I bought that belkin charger with line out at the Apple Store, but found the sound quality to not be that great (even with the ground loop adapter). Additionally, several people have claimed (in Apple Store product reviews) that the Belkin Car Kit has screwed up their ipods.

I'm thinking of getting one of these: http://www.sik.com/ram_din.php anybody already have one?
I've had pretty good luck with mine having used it for several months now. I'm not sure how much better the sound can get using the dock connector but I'm finding I have good volume and you're right with the groud loop adapter a very clean sound.

I also read those reports at apple.com and after doing a little research, I found them to be less than credible. Both my video ipod and nano are working just fine. But I have heard good things about the sik but it doesn't have power.
Old 04-09-06, 08:39 PM
Fire Chief
Driver School Candidate

I switched to the Sik adapter also after getting VERY bad results from the headphone out jack on a 5th gen video iPod, like hearing music, but murkey, low volume vocals. The bottom adapter is line out and I beleve the Lexus Head unit likes it better....
Old 04-10-06, 07:31 PM
BShears
Rookie

The ultimate is this: Install a Mac in your Car
Old 04-10-06, 08:22 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by BShears
The ultimate is this: Install a Mac in your Car
Ultimate? I don't think so. At least hide the computer somewhere discrete.
Old 01-20-07, 11:39 AM
Jaapski
Driver School Candidate

Hello guys,

I just own a Lexus IS 220d (I'm from Holland: we drive a lot of diesels over here). I have connected my Creative Zen mp3 player and was quite disappointed that the ground loop noise exists over the mini jack connection.
Can anyone let me know if the Minijack Ground Loop Noise Isolator from aznevoviii does the job and eliminates all the noise?

Second I have bought a Creative Vision M mp3/video player. The big difference with an iPod is that when connected to a external display the Creative shows the user interface on the external display. What I'm trying to achieve is that the controls of the Creative are reachable when I slide back the armrest and that the user interface is shown on the Mark Levinson display. Does anyone know how to connected an external AV input to the Mark Levinson?

Hope someone can help me, if I get it to work properly I'll post some pictures.