IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

ML no longer available without navigation

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-06, 01:19 PM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CONFIRMED: stand-alone ML *is* available on Lexus IS

There was some debate about this on another thread, so hopefully this email answers the question once and for all:

Response (Tyrone Cadle) 02/10/2006 01:17 PM Dear Customer:

Thank you for contacting Lexus Customer Satisfaction. We are dedicated to providing superior service. In circumstances that require our attention, we will assist in the resolution process.

Thank you for your interest in the Lexus IS 250.

We apologize for the confusion, the Mark Levinson is only available with the Navigation System Package. It is not available separately or with any other packages.

If you require further assistance, please respond to this e-mail, or contact Lexus Customer Satisfaction at 1-800-255-3987, Monday through Friday, 5:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., or Saturday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.

Sincerely,

Tyrone Cadle
Lexus Customer Satisfaction

Last edited by diablo1; 02-23-06 at 07:10 AM.
Old 02-10-06, 01:22 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's says it is not available; it doesn't say it used to be available and we've stopped....
Old 02-10-06, 01:25 PM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

The question is whether it is available now. The answer is no.
Old 02-10-06, 01:28 PM
ChuH
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by diablo1
The question is whether it is available now. The answer is no.
In our area the answer is yes. NAV is useless in our area and ML are available without NAV.

Chu...
Old 02-10-06, 01:32 PM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

Interesting. So they ARE making them. I wonder if that means you actually CAN special order. I'll email Lexus again.
Old 02-10-06, 01:34 PM
dfw350
Lead Lap

you can get better aftermarket audio for $800 or whatever ML costs if youre not going for integration with the NAV etc
Old 02-10-06, 01:36 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChuH
In our area the answer is yes. NAV is useless in our area and ML are available without NAV.

Chu...
Same here in Hawaii. Lexus still doesn't offer navigation maps here, so no navigation equiped cars, but you can get ML if you want it. Acura already has navigation here in Hawaii so I hope Lexus gets the maps rights squared away soon so they can offer it as well.
Old 02-10-06, 01:49 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Prior to release, the moonroof was offered as an option, just like how ML and Nav options can be chosen independently.

I think that this confirms that, just like how the moonroof is now standard for the U.S., that Nav and ML will be combined as one option in the U.S.

Perhaps this will change in future model years? We can always look forward to the 2007 IS, especially with all the changes with the coupe and convertible coming out. They may simplify the IS by making some standard equipment optional (such as the moonroof), and provide more options such as ML or Nav alone, depending if they want to keep costs down as the IS coupe price go up.
Old 02-10-06, 02:05 PM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

Another email. I still don't get this though. If you can order one in Hawaii, it seems like you should be able to order one in the rest of the US.

Dear Customer:

Thank you for contacting Lexus Customer Satisfaction. We are dedicated to providing superior service. In circumstances that require our attention, we will assist in the resolution process.

The Mark Levinson was never offered as a stand-alone option nor are we equipped to take special orders for specific vehicles. Only the Navigation system is offered as an individual factory option, not the Mark Levinson system. This does apply to the IS 350 as well.

If you require further assistance, please respond to this e-mail, or contact Lexus Customer Satisfaction at 1-800-255-3987, Monday through Friday, 5:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., or Saturday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.

Sincerely,

Tyrone Cadle
Old 02-10-06, 02:14 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Another email. I still don't get this though. If you can order one in Hawaii, it seems like you should be able to order one in the rest of the US.
This has been discussed at length, and THERE IS NO STANDALONE ML in the US! Live with it!

Hawaii, Guam, etc don't go through Lexus USA, they go through Servco. Servco may be able to provide standalone ML since Lexus does not have any map data for those areas, making nav a useless option in those regions.
Old 02-10-06, 02:20 PM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TimboIS
This has been discussed at length, and THERE IS NO STANDALONE ML in the US! Live with it!

Hawaii, Guam, etc don't go through Lexus USA, they go through Servco. Servco may be able to provide standalone ML since Lexus does not have any map data for those areas, making nav a useless option in those regions.
The last thread I saw where it was discussed "at length" there was no resolution on the topic, with some people saying it for sure is available outside Hawaii and Guam for $944. Unless I missed something.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=188031
Old 02-10-06, 02:24 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by TimboIS

This is true. Servo handles all Toyota and Lexus product. Bottom line is Lexus just needs to provide the map data real soon. We can buy the GS with the LCD screen and DVD ML option so that is not a problem. However; we can't get the LCD screen in the IS and RX so that is a major problem. Having no LCD screen or DVD option is one of the reasons aside from the small rear seat room that I'm not buying an IS.
Old 02-10-06, 02:27 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

The last thread I saw where it was discussed "at length" there was no resolution on the topic, with some people saying it for sure is available outside Hawaii and Guam for $944. Unless I missed something.

I guess you did. Lexus quickly removed the standalone option shortly after the IS pages went up. Just ask around on any of the Lexus forums, NO ONE in the continental US has standalone ML. Period. I suppose if you went to Hawaii and ordered the part(s) it could be done, but that would likely cost 3-4x the original $994 (amp, speakers, harnesses, headunit, etc, etc). Definitely not worth it.
Old 02-10-06, 02:28 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

It may have originally been an option but I guess it no longer is. Anyway, if the stand alone ML option is $944 and people are willing to pay that much for it without navigation, why not just buy the car from Hawaii and ship it back to the mainland? In Hawaii we have 4.167% tax so that could save some peope money. Shipping is about $1000, but there is a new shipper that cost about $700.
Old 02-10-06, 02:40 PM
Langdell
Driver

The Mark Levinson was never offered as a stand-alone option nor are we equipped to take special orders for specific vehicles.
Hmm. The line about no special orders is especially confusing given that many of us have placed them.

I don't know if all car makers are like this, but Lexus seems to put out a lot of confusing and conflicting info. re what is available and what isn't.

Quick Reply: ML no longer available without navigation