IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Bluetooth + Phone pairing guide?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-06, 10:29 AM
dfw350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth + Phone pairing guide?

I got a RAZR V3 from T-Mobile, can someone send a link or post a guide how to make phone work with the car?

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-10-06, 10:45 AM
AVALEX
Driver School Candidate

I've got the same phone and tried it yesterday. I will try to post more detailed instructions later but for now what I remember my biggest problem was figuring out what order to do things. First go to the telephone screen on the nav. You need to get to the screen where you put in a code for the bluetooth (usually starts out as 1111 but you can change it to whatever. (I might be skipping some small steps here - hopefully you will be able to fill in the little holes).

Once it is ready go to your v3's settings menu. Go to "connection" (at the bottom of list for me) then switch it to bluetooth link. Select handsfree then click yes then chose "look for devices". it should be easy from this point out. Let me know if you have any problems.
Old 02-10-06, 10:52 AM
dfw350
Lead Lap

but do you have to do it every time you turn on the car/phone?
or is this like a one time deal..
Old 02-10-06, 11:14 AM
Kermee
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dfw350
but do you have to do it every time you turn on the car/phone?
or is this like a one time deal..
Usually, you only need to pair once. Once each device is "trusted" with each other, you don't need to do anything on the phone. The instant the car starts up, it should pair with your BT phone automagically.

Cheers,
Kermee
Old 02-10-06, 11:16 AM
dfw350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kermee
Usually, you only need to pair once. Once each device is "trusted" with each other, you don't need to do anything on the phone. The instant the car starts up, it should pair with your BT phone automagically.

Cheers,
Kermee
thanks mate
Old 02-10-06, 12:17 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Kermee

Cheers,
Kermee
Be warned, if you leave your RAZR in BT mode all the time, your battery will last only about a day.
Old 02-10-06, 12:23 PM
dfw350
Lead Lap

How do you turn off BT mode?
Old 02-10-06, 12:35 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Some menu maze, I don't recall. Turning BT on/off was such a hassle on the RAZR, that why I switched to a Sony Ericsson. I could assign BT to a nudge on the 4-way without having to even look at a menu. Plus the other nice feature is when the phone goes out of range of the car for a period of time, it turns BT off automatically (saving battery).
Old 02-10-06, 02:19 PM
silver250
Driver

with the razor, when you go out of range it'll disconnect bt by itself and when you turn back on the car it'll auto connect for you
Old 02-10-06, 02:28 PM
dfw350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by silver250
with the razor, when you go out of range it'll disconnect bt by itself and when you turn back on the car it'll auto connect for you

razr is sexy
Old 02-10-06, 02:30 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Originally Posted by silver250
Sure, but its still in BT mode (and drawing battery). You can't have it in pairing/connecting mode and low power mode, no phone has that.
Old 02-10-06, 02:56 PM
AVALEX
Driver School Candidate

Were you able to get it working? To turn it off go back to where you selected bluetooth in the settings menu. Then go to setup and the second choice should give you the on or off options. When it is in the off setting next time you go through the whole setup thing again it will ask you if you want to "temporarily power on" so once it does that it will turn on when your in the car and off when your not.

Has anybody had somebody call them yet when they were playing a cd? Did it pause the cd or just mute it? If not is that a custom setting?
Old 02-10-06, 03:03 PM
Kermee
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use to use a SE T68i and the BT drain isn't too bad.

There's new reports the 0FR firmware for the RAZR makes the BT drain the battery even faster, although I haven't loaded it yet. Most people are still on the 0DR or 0ER firmware from Motorola.

Cheers,
Kermee
Old 02-10-06, 03:49 PM
saske
Rookie

I have the Razr and the battery life isn't too bad when I leave the BT on all the time. It reconnects nicely everytime I get in the car. The battery indicator doesn't work with the Razr but my fiancee has the T610 and it shows the amount of battery which is nice.
The only thing I noticed is that it will look for the last phone that was connected so when my fiancee was in the car last, it will automatically connect to hers. It makes sense but I wish that I could set a primary phone so that mine would connect everytime, no matter what phone is present.
Regarding incoming calls and the music pause, I haven't really noticed, but I believe the CD pauses when a call comes in.

Kermee,
I was wondering where you got the new firmware from and how do you load it? I have the data cable and everything but not sure on the instructions to load it. Any help is appreciated.

Sean
Old 02-10-06, 03:54 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Originally Posted by saske
I have the Razr and the battery life isn't too bad when I leave the BT on all the time. It reconnects nicely everytime I get in the car. The battery indicator doesn't work with the Razr but my fiancee has the T610 and it shows the amount of battery which is nice.
The only thing I noticed is that it will look for the last phone that was connected so when my fiancee was in the car last, it will automatically connect to hers. It makes sense but I wish that I could set a primary phone so that mine would connect everytime, no matter what phone is present.
You can, but what good is that. Then it wouldn't find your girlfriends phone. Each time you change phones you have to pick a new Default Phone setting.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth + Phone pairing guide?