mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Groupbuy Groupbuy?!
Old 03-28-06, 02:40 PM
is4me2
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Info For Ordering Interior Hanger

Okay........finally, here's the story on getting the Lexus Japan Interior Hanger. I've tried several Lexus parts dealers in TX, CA, FL. They all say they can't order it.

Luis from Carson Toyota said they are ordering it from Lexus Japan as a part of a larger order for other things and having them send a few hangers in the shipment to see if they will sell. He said they are only making $5 to $10 per hanger because of shipping costs and that is why they were not offering us a group buy rate or discount. Steve Ganz, his manager said if he gets enough orders from ClubLexus members (dozen or so) he is going to try and get a discount for putting in a large order and will then pass the discount on to us. What you have to do is take a chance and order at $120 + shipping ($132 for me and no tax) and if they get enough orders and can get a discount they will credit our charge card for a discount amount.

As it stands now they ordered two in the last shipment - Langdell's I believe and an extra they just ordered. I got the extra. They are expecting another shipment in 4-6 weeks and if people want to order now they will get their hangers in 4-6 weeks. Sooooo, order away

order online at www.L-TunedParts.com or call 800-908-6968 Ask for retail parts Steve or Luis
Old 03-28-06, 04:23 PM
Langdell
Driver

Originally Posted by is4me2
As it stands now they ordered two in the last shipment - Langdell's I believe and an extra they just ordered. I got the extra.
Yes, mine arrived yesterday. Coincidentally, on one of the few days I actually had to wear a suit to work.
Old 03-28-06, 05:29 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Langdell
Yes, mine arrived yesterday. Coincidentally, on one of the few days I actually had to wear a suit to work.
well, how do you like it? it is model specifics (IS250/350) or does it work across other Lexus vehicles?

is anyone interested in a group buy? i will start another thread here: [insert link]
Old 03-28-06, 05:55 PM
Langdell
Driver

Originally Posted by kensteele
well, how do you like it? it is model specifics (IS250/350) or does it work across other Lexus vehicles?

is anyone interested in a group buy? i will start another thread here: [insert link]
I like it fine. It's certainly a much nicer solution for hanging a coat than tacking it onto the above-door hook, and it's also a handy place to hang a wet umbrella as I learned this morning. Plus it looks better in my car than with the reflection of eddiec's wife's pink dress on the silver part. (The pic at the top of the thread shows the hanger installed in a black interior, so I won't bother posting redundant pics of mine.)

The Carson Toyota site contains the following info. re usability across Lexus models. As I only have the one Lexus, I can't comment from firsthand experience.

This part is suitable for the following models:
GS300

2006-2008
GS300 AWD

2006-2008
GS430

2006-2008
IS250

2006-2008
IS350

2006-2008

P.S. I'm expecting my trunk organizer to arrive tomorrow. After that and the cool keyfob cases, I promise, I am done spending money on accessories for my baby. Really, I swear.
[Accessory total so far: 1 set Exactmats, 1 interior hanger, 1 car cover (for occasional use in case of hailstorms when caught without covered parking), 1 Lexus logo blanket (for covering seats when absolutely necessary to haul objects, animals, or children), 1 pop-up dog crate (for emergency hauling of one of the aforementioned occasional animals), 1 new California Car Duster (to replace old one that was really fine), 1 custom-fit sunshade, 1 Delphi SkiFi2 XM receiver + ground loop isolator, 1 universal digital disc player (for listening at home to DVD-A's bought for car), 1 Kuda phonebase (that I might now never use after learining that Bluetooth lets me keep my phone in my pocket), 1 Lexus trunk organizer (incoming), 2 cool keyfob cases (anticipated)]
Old 10-17-06, 08:00 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I orderded one of these today... Price is still $120 + shipping... Looks totally worth it though... I think this is the best looking coat hanger I've ever seen for an automobile... I love how it folds away...

Man, the Japanese are so crisp!!!

PS - Sorry for the thread necromancing, but I had to chime in that I bought this overpriced accessory
Old 10-17-06, 01:00 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

that's ok. i have one too. never use it.
Originally Posted by Technique
I orderded one of these today... Price is still $120 + shipping... Looks totally worth it though... I think this is the best looking coat hanger I've ever seen for an automobile... I love how it folds away...

Man, the Japanese are so crisp!!!

PS - Sorry for the thread necromancing, but I had to chime in that I bought this overpriced accessory