Lexus XM Dealer Install

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-06, 03:04 PM
saske
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus XM Dealer Install

Hello All,
I just got off the phone with my dealer and he said that XM is set to arrive at the dealership next Tuesday and that I can bring my car in to have it installed on Wednesday morning. I'm very excited as I have been waiting for this since I got my car December 12th. I paid $486 for XM at the time of purchase to be installed when it became available. My only worry is that this is going to be their first install on a IS250/350 so I will let you know how it goes.

Sean
Old 01-26-06, 03:05 PM
tim817
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by saske
Hello All,
I just got off the phone with my dealer and he said that XM is set to arrive at the dealership next Tuesday and that I can bring my car in to have it installed on Wednesday morning. I'm very excited as I have been waiting for this since I got my car December 12th. I paid $486 for XM at the time of purchase to be installed when it became available. My only worry is that this is going to be their first install on a IS250/350 so I will let you know how it goes.

Sean
Remember to share us some pics Sean.
Old 01-26-06, 03:15 PM
vp911
Pit Crew

It's available now? If you don't mind, can you get the part numbers from them?
Old 01-26-06, 03:27 PM
saske
Rookie

Originally Posted by vp911
It's available now? If you don't mind, can you get the part numbers from them?
I'm not sure if this is exactly right for the parts number but this is the info that Lexus-parts.com has for the XM : 86100-0W150 - Lexus XM RADIO KIT 2006 IS250 & IS350

I didn't bother to ask my dealer for the part number. I'm just holding my breath that the parts will come in as promised. I typically don't count my chickens before they have hatched if you know what I mean.

i will surely take some photos of the display and also the mount location of the antenna once it is complete. Anyone here have an idea of the best location where I should tell them to mount the antenna?

Sean
Old 01-26-06, 03:54 PM
Foxberry
Lead Lap

I got excited when I saw this thread, as I too purchased XM when I bought the car back in November. I just called the parts dept. and the guy was nice enough to try and place the order while I was on the phone. He said the part number is there, but when he clicks on "order", he just a message that it is currently unavailable...DAMMIT!!
Old 01-26-06, 05:07 PM
Kamikaze2b
Lead Lap

I'm waiting for Sirius myself, I wonder if they are releasing both kits at the same time??
Old 01-26-06, 05:22 PM
mcfly
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kamikaze2b
I'm waiting for Sirius myself, I wonder if they are releasing both kits at the same time??
Good question... I really could care less about Satellite with the exception of, I confess, Howard Stern. So if I really feel like shelling out every month, it'll be for Sirius.
Old 01-26-06, 05:28 PM
saske
Rookie

Hi Foxberry,
Sorry to hear that they couldn't order the parts. Hopefully when my salesman told me it was arriving on Tuesday of next week, it was because he was actually able to order the product today. I hope that XM isn't going to be a regional release like some of the options for the car itself. Lexus-parts.com has the parts available for order. Earlier today it was selling for $100 and I just checked, it is now selling for $299. Also, Sirius is listed on their website for $199. We will see what happens and I will probably call Sewell Lexus tomorrow and make sure they have it in stock.

http://lexus-parts.com/partlist.asp?...37&ModelID=150

let's keep our fingers crossed!!!
Old 01-26-06, 05:32 PM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

Is the antenna going to be the "fin" or are they running a generic antenna?
Old 01-26-06, 05:34 PM
saske
Rookie

I think it is going to be a generic box antenna
Old 01-26-06, 05:40 PM
mcfly
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Payam
Is the antenna going to be the "fin" or are they running a generic antenna?
Looking at the installation docs, the antennae is a front windshield mounted deal. No fin.

The installation also looks to be rather involved... you have to rip out a good portion of the interior to route all the wiring between the antennae, receiver (in the trunk) and the radio. Perhaps a small travel unit might be the order of the day....
Old 01-27-06, 01:09 PM
Foxberry
Lead Lap

I just spoke with my dealership's parts dept., who just got off the phone with the factory. They are being told that the XM package is NOT available yet (it can be pre-ordered, but is not yet available to be shipped) and that they estimate a few more weeks before it's available.

Saske, please keep me posted on your upcoming installation...they are killing me with this! Someone is being misinformed here and I hope it's my dealer and not yours!
Old 01-27-06, 03:22 PM
saske
Rookie

Default Likely My Dealer

Originally Posted by Foxberry
I just spoke with my dealership's parts dept., who just got off the phone with the factory. They are being told that the XM package is NOT available yet (it can be pre-ordered, but is not yet available to be shipped) and that they estimate a few more weeks before it's available.

Saske, please keep me posted on your upcoming installation...they are killing me with this! Someone is being misinformed here and I hope it's my dealer and not yours!
Well, it looks like we will be waiting if your guy called Lexus directly and they said it isn't available yet. The funny thing is that at least two dealerships here in Texas said they are getting them next week. Sewell in Dallas said they are getting them on Monday and my dealer in Lubbock is suppose to be getting them on Tuesday. We will have to wait and see I guess.

Thanks for the info and I will keep you up to date on what I hear. Let's hope that it does arrive next week because I am moving back to AZ in three weeks and I want to get it installed before I move back.

Sean
Old 01-27-06, 04:09 PM
Kamikaze2b
Lead Lap

If/when somebody here gets Sirius installed please post some pics and let us know how much $$$.
Old 01-27-06, 08:06 PM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lexus-parts has the instructions for install online. Yow, it looks like a pain!

Quick Reply: Lexus XM Dealer Install