IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models
View Poll Results: Will Lexus intro an IS coupe at Geneva?
Do you think Lexus will intro an IS coupe at Geneva?
48.89%
Would you buy a coupe?
68.89%
Would you buy it if only offered in an automatic?
24.44%
Would you like a V8 offered in a coupe only?
51.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Speculation: IS Coupe premiere at Geneva?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-06, 01:11 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by shox
If there is a coupe coming out...wouldn't it be called the IC350/250?
i'm guessing the base coupe will probably be the IS350 motor and the next one up will be a V8.

i also heard that the new supra is going to have IS350 motor for the based supra... true??
Old 01-20-06, 02:10 PM
xravexboix
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shaolin
i'm guessing the base coupe will probably be the IS350 motor and the next one up will be a V8.

i also heard that the new supra is going to have IS350 motor for the based supra... true??
The Supra name isn't in the works to be resurrected... but Toyota did state that a Toyota branded sports car will be coming out soon... no work on what it is though... The only possibility I know of is the Solara replacement (after its life-cycle), which is supposed to be a hatchback (think along the lines of a Dodge Magnum) and it's supposed to get a 2GR-FSE retuned for a broader, flatter torque range(engine is speculation, but from a pretty credible source). I've yet to hear of any other upcoming confirmed vehicles from Toyota... but I'm sure having something similar to spec to the IS w/ the same price range would just take away from Lexus sales... which is something I'm sure they wouldn't want
Old 01-20-06, 02:53 PM
saleem
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xravexboix
The Supra name isn't in the works to be resurrected... but Toyota did state that a Toyota branded sports car will be coming out soon... no work on what it is though... The only possibility I know of is the Solara replacement (after its life-cycle), which is supposed to be a hatchback (think along the lines of a Dodge Magnum) and it's supposed to get a 2GR-FSE retuned for a broader, flatter torque range(engine is speculation, but from a pretty credible source). I've yet to hear of any other upcoming confirmed vehicles from Toyota... but I'm sure having something similar to spec to the IS w/ the same price range would just take away from Lexus sales... which is something I'm sure they wouldn't want
Do you mean to say something like this below is coming out in hatchback trim ?
Old 02-25-06, 09:15 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Intelligent Sedan, Coupe, and Hatchback...

I think Lexus should go with naming the sedan, coupe, and hatchback as (respectively) the IS, the IC, and the IX. Each should be similar in design but different in purpose.

1) The IS is a pretty heavy and controlled sedan, with plenty of bells and whistles, opitimizing Lexus luxury.
2) The IC should lighten the load, lessen the standard options, tighten the suspension, and offer a manual.
3) The IX should (of course) be AWD, offer more room for rear passengers, and have towing capabilities and a roof rack. This would be the smaller "SUV" which Lexus is considering to market.

Who's with me on this?
Old 02-25-06, 09:35 PM
Sv.Tequila
Driver

Please dont hate on me or anything but those pics of that IS coupe, remind me so much of the Scion TC. Nothing wrong with TC, I think there nice except the locating where the fog lamps are at
Old 02-26-06, 01:33 AM
edualc
Rookie

Default too soon

I asked my dealer here in Belgium and he said no .I think it's too soon for it. all the media has to go to the new LS460 and the GS450H
Old 02-26-06, 01:48 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

nawh doesnt seem like its happening.. Geneva is next week. Toyota would have had a Press Release out already. Look at the NY autoshow for somethin(more than likely just the LS600h)...if not then Frankfurt or LA Autoshow at the end of the year...
Old 02-26-06, 02:12 AM
TED_FR
Driver

We'll know by next week end, Lexus Switzerland is not mentionning anything regarding a concept IS coupe, but who knows, concept are not usually introduced via a press release.

http://fr.lexus.ch/about_lexus/news_...eneva_2006.asp

Anyway I'll be there on next Saturday.
Old 02-27-06, 02:53 PM
Kbueno
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Let's hope it comes out as a concept at Geneva. Wasn't there something about Lexus having a copyright on "IC" a la IC350??
Old 02-27-06, 02:59 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

the geneva show opens its doors march 1st, so if we're gonna see any sort of debut it has to happen either today or tomorrow...
Old 02-27-06, 03:09 PM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by shox
If there is a coupe coming out...wouldn't it be called the IC350/250?
I doubt it, they already changed the moniker from
International sedan to Intelligent sport. Why would they do that.... so the IS line can include Coupes.