IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Wow, how cool is that... (recall = free iPod)

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-06, 11:30 AM
Kermee
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brewkp4
I plan on getting the recall done soon...do you guys suggest saying anything regarding the getting the Nano when I go in?
It's done by Lexus Corporate so I'm not sure how much say the dealership has. At this point, it sounds like most people who have the recall done on their vehicle gets the iPod Nano about a week or later after it's completed. Also, people who had their deliveries delayed by the recall seem to be getting them too. I'm perfectly happy if I don't get one (I already have a 4GB Black Nano in my IS 250 AWD) and since when I took my car in for service, they fixed the rattling noise in my B-pillar (Thanks Tammy!) and gave my car a nice car-wash at no charge.

Of course, Seattle is in it's 24th straight day of rain so the clean car only lasted about 15 minutes. Once I got home, it was dirty again. I did get to pound on a loaner RX330 for the entire day though. One of these days, I hope LoS puts an IS 350 loaner into their fleet.

Cheers,
Kermee
Old 01-12-06, 12:18 PM
GSE25
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shox
I just brought my car in today for the recall. They made me sign a sheet with my information so Lexus of Canada can send me a iPod Nano for being co-operative with the recall. This is in Calgary Alberta though, but I hope it's the same for you.
I brought in my car for the recall today as well.. no papers to sign or anything.
Old 01-12-06, 12:32 PM
Phillip31
Pole Position

Originally Posted by b1ueboy
I brought my car in to have the recall done on January 4th, and along with a car wash, and topping off my tank.. today (1/11/06) i received the ipod Nano and the auxillary audio cable cords to plug into the auxillary port.. I think they are sending them to all of us who have been inconvienced by the recall, either by bringing our cars back or waiting for delivery....
we got our recalls done on the same day....but i havent got mine yet!...did you have to sign papers or do anything for the nano?
Old 01-12-06, 03:24 PM
jiggyman
Driver School Candidate

Glad to see they took care of that rattle Kermee!

Yeah, I am actually shocked how good the complimentary car wash was too. But as you said, with this rain it doesn't last long

But I talked to L.O.S today and they will be sending those people who had their recall done a Nano
in about 3-4 weeks from corporate.

If this turns out to be true, I must say I would be very impressed at how Lexus handled the recall situation. If there is a transmission recall, do you think they'll hand out IPOD Videos?
Old 01-12-06, 03:29 PM
gsko
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by brewkp4
I plan on getting the recall done soon...do you guys suggest saying anything regarding the getting the Nano when I go in?
brewkp4, your profile says you are in Colorado. I took my AWD into Kuni today and they gave me a letter stating that I would get a Nano in the mail and they topped off my tank and they cleaned the car. This was my first Lexus service and I am very impressed.
Old 01-12-06, 03:41 PM
Kermee
Advanced

Originally Posted by gsko
brewkp4, your profile says you are in Colorado. I took my AWD into Kuni today and they gave me a letter stating that I would get a Nano in the mail and they topped off my tank and they cleaned the car. This was my first Lexus service and I am very impressed.
That's weird. Lexus Of Seattle is owned by Kuni and I when I picked up the car, they didn't give me a letter stating that I would get an iPod Nano.

Cheers,
Kermee

EDIT: DUH. Thanks jiggyman. Guess we'll wait to see if they send the Nano's!

Last edited by Kermee; 01-12-06 at 03:44 PM.
Old 01-12-06, 03:50 PM
Kermee
Advanced

Originally Posted by jiggyman
Glad to see they took care of that rattle Kermee!

Yeah, I am actually shocked how good the complimentary car wash was too. But as you said, with this rain it doesn't last long

But I talked to L.O.S today and they will be sending those people who had their recall done a Nano
in about 3-4 weeks from corporate.

If this turns out to be true, I must say I would be very impressed at how Lexus handled the recall situation. If there is a transmission recall, do you think they'll hand out IPOD Videos?
They even cleaned my wheels... right even into the wheel locks. Sheesh! At least the brake dust isn't like the first two weeks I owned the car. They didn't top-off the gas for me, but they installed my plates finally. Been looking at the new custom plates the DMV released this year...

Washington New Custom License Plates

Cheers,
Kermee
Old 01-13-06, 11:54 AM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Ipod Nano sent to make up for 250 AWD recall

well i got home from work today..and what was waiting at my door? a box from toyota motor corp via UPS.so i opened it and it was an ipod nano! and an aux cable to hook it up to my car. the letter said they sent it out because i had my recall fixed on my 250 awd and they hoped it wasnt any inconvenience to me (which it wasnt because lexus came to me to do it)...has anyone else received a nano in the mail after they had the recall taken care of? i already have an ipod mini but the nano matches the is250 better i think its really cool that they sent me one

Last edited by CaThaFeR; 01-13-06 at 12:23 PM.
Old 01-13-06, 12:26 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

wow this is really cool of what toyota did!
Old 01-13-06, 12:29 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Nice!! Now you must be wishing for more recalls aren't you?
Old 01-13-06, 12:30 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Lexus is first class customer service all the way.
Old 01-13-06, 12:34 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
Nice!! Now you must be wishing for more recalls aren't you?

lol..yea maybe next time i'll get a spoiler
Old 01-13-06, 01:29 PM
Phillip31
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CaThaFeR
well i got home from work today..and what was waiting at my door? a box from toyota motor corp via UPS.so i opened it and it was an ipod nano! and an aux cable to hook it up to my car. the letter said they sent it out because i had my recall fixed on my 250 awd and they hoped it wasnt any inconvenience to me (which it wasnt because lexus came to me to do it)...has anyone else received a nano in the mail after they had the recall taken care of? i already have an ipod mini but the nano matches the is250 better i think its really cool that they sent me one
Ya i heard of a few people recieving the nanos after getting the recall fixed from this thread

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=195358

Im curious if you had to sign any papers or anything for the nano like wat some people did or did you just get the recall fixed and then BAM...SURPRISE at the front door
Old 01-13-06, 01:35 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

You think that is great, BMW sent us a transmission for my 540 years ago. Oh wait, that was under warranty. Another reason I stick with Lexus.
Lee
Old 01-13-06, 02:10 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Originally Posted by Phillip31
Ya i heard of a few people recieving the nanos after getting the recall fixed from this thread

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=195358

Im curious if you had to sign any papers or anything for the nano like wat some people did or did you just get the recall fixed and then BAM...SURPRISE at the front door

it was "bam...suurprise" lol...i didn't think i was going to get one..i was thinking about it the other day and was like "damn maybe i shouldve went into lexus to get the recall fixed so i couldve gotten a nano instead of having lexus come to me"..but surprise! i got one anyway..the only paper i signed was that the work was performed and completed and he gave me a paper for a free tank of gas and carwash next time i'm at lexus..i had no idea i was going to get a nano..the guy that fixed the recall didnt say anything either

Quick Reply: Wow, how cool is that... (recall = free iPod)