IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

homelink problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-06, 11:31 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

yeah, you need to program the remote first, and then do the opener learn button and press the homelink button again. that should do the trick
Old 01-05-06, 06:24 AM
tim817
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 1st time I try to program by follow in the manual, it didn't work. After contact my Lexus dealer they send me this document and it worked fine when i follow thease step by step. Here it is:
PROGRAMMING YOUR GARAGE DOOR OPENER
1-800-355-3515 – Homelink Help Center

1. Park your vehicle outside the garage with the engine running.
2. Open the garage door using the existing remote.
3. Position a stepladder or stool beneath the garage door opener unit.
4. Look on the back of the unit to see of there is a button (usually red, sometimes black) labeled ‘train’ – ‘learn’ – ‘code’ – or something similar.
5. If you have this button, DON’T PUSH IT NOW!!
6. If you don’t have this button, skip to SECTION TWO.
7. Return to the vehicle and close the garage door using the existing remote.
8. Locate the Homelink buttons in your vehicle…there are three buttons with a small Homelink ‘house’ icon usually located next to the sunroof controls.
9. Push the outer two buttons at the same time, and hold them until the light in the Homelink icon begins to blink rapidly…usually about 20 seconds. This will clear the system and set it up to accept new commands. (NOTE: The garage door should be closed at this point)
10. Choose which button you want to program, and push and hold it down. At the same time, push and hold down the button on the existing remote, beaming it at the button you are holding down. The light in the Homelink icon will blink slowly at first and then rapidly…this lets you know that the button is programmed, and you can let go of both. (NOTE: The garage door should now be open, allowing you to enter the garage)
11. Now, push the red/black button on the garage door opener unit in the garage…an indicator light should begin blinking on the back of the unit.
12. Quickly return to the vehicle…you have about 30 seconds to complete this next step.
13. Repeatedly push and release the button you programmed until the garage door begins to close…usually no more than ten times. Let the door close.
14. Congratulations!!! You have just successfully programmed your opener!!! To test, push the programmed button on the Homelink and the door should open. Repeat as required to program your remaining garage doors or gate.

SECTION TWO

1. Return to the vehicle and close the garage door using the existing remote.
2. Locate the Homelink buttons in your vehicle…there are three buttons with a small Homelink ‘house’ icon usually located next to the sunroof controls.
3. Push the outer two buttons at the same time, and hold them until the light in the Homelink icon begins to blink rapidly…usually about 20 seconds. This will clear the system and set it up to accept new commands. (NOTE: The garage door should be closed at this point)
4. Choose which button you want to program, and push and hold it down. At the same time, push and hold down the button on the existing remote, beaming it at the button you are holding down, which will open the garage door. The light in the Homelink icon will blink slowly at first and then rapidly…this lets you know that the button is programmed, and you can let go of both.
5. Congratulations!!! You have just successfully programmed your opener!!! To test, push the programmed button on the Homelink and the door should close. Repeat as required to program your remaining garage doors or gate
Old 06-21-06, 03:58 PM
yov6cam
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank god I finally got mine to work, and all I needed to do was make sure the car was running.