IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Navigation Hack DIY Part One - Enable DVD, Phonebook & MP3 Folder While Moving

Old 01-17-14, 04:06 AM
10lexISR6
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Windaica
I bought the car used, it's is350 2007 with sport package. Does anyone know if it has ML?
I believe it should say Mark Levinson on the radio face just left of the right ****. If not then you probably dont.
Old 01-19-14, 01:06 AM
monsieurvo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have yet to do this mod, but before i do.... is it possible to switch to GPS to the DVD and vice versa whilst car is in motion?
Old 03-12-14, 04:27 PM
tcho82
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I did this a few years ago, but have always been annoyed that it seems my nav does not recenter straight. Has anyone else noticed this? I never use the DVD while driving so I'm putting it back together the way it was because I actually like the option to hit speed dial while driving.

When the car is driving straight, often times, the street is not straight, It is pointed a few degrees right or left. Its sort of an OCD thing, but it annoys me enough.
Old 10-15-14, 08:41 PM
skoota500
Rookie

sorry to add to this super long thread but, If I have a non ML and want to play video with vaistech sl2vi do I need to cut the pink and white wire? or just ground the red wire? Im just looking to watch videos in motion, nothing else really.
Old 10-16-14, 07:07 AM
skoota500
Rookie

Anybody have or had this installed? just need some clarification.
Old 10-16-14, 12:29 PM
xerxes717
Driver

Originally Posted by tcho82
I did this a few years ago, but have always been annoyed that it seems my nav does not recenter straight. Has anyone else noticed this? I never use the DVD while driving so I'm putting it back together the way it was because I actually like the option to hit speed dial while driving.

When the car is driving straight, often times, the street is not straight, It is pointed a few degrees right or left. Its sort of an OCD thing, but it annoys me enough.
This definitely happens to me, it's annoying for sure but doesn't seem to interefere with the functionality in any significant way.
Old 10-17-14, 11:25 PM
skoota500
Rookie

Alright so I just did this mod tonight along with a SL2VI install. The nav hack was pretty simple, just followed instructions from OP. The difficult part was realizing that I don't have a red wire (parking brake) like everyone else. I had two pink wires. One was light pink, the other was a little darker pink. I was super hesitant about cutting this darker pink wire since it was supposed to be a red wire back there. But, I cut it and grounded it anyway and BOOM! video while in motion.
Old 12-09-14, 05:36 PM
Gknight1
Driver School Candidate

Default Need help with 2013 IS 250 dvd bypass

Not sure which wires to cut on this as it looks different from pictures.

Can someone help me with this?
Old 01-24-15, 03:42 PM
Drp2794
Driver School Candidate

Default After the hack getting issues

Hey guys so i did the hack and having some issues and wonder is anyone can help me

I get the lexus logo and then black screen when i hit the map button it says "external system not connected" and AC, radio nothing turns on?

Any help would be great!!!
Old 01-27-15, 12:23 AM
Mehul1456
Driver School Candidate

Will this work on a 2015 Nav Unit?
Old 03-09-15, 07:20 PM
khrono
Driver School Candidate

Hello, does anyone know if this hack will work with a 2010 HS250h ML navi?

Thanks

Last edited by khrono; 03-09-15 at 07:30 PM.
Old 03-10-15, 05:17 PM
speeddem0n
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by skoota500
Alright so I just did this mod tonight along with a SL2VI install. The nav hack was pretty simple, just followed instructions from OP. The difficult part was realizing that I don't have a red wire (parking brake) like everyone else. I had two pink wires. One was light pink, the other was a little darker pink. I was super hesitant about cutting this darker pink wire since it was supposed to be a red wire back there. But, I cut it and grounded it anyway and BOOM! video while in motion.
Yes i wondered the same thing, it is very close to red but has a slight lighter tint to it.
I just did it this past weekend on my 2008 ISF with ML, along with part 2 of the hack found here...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ng-switch.html

However when I cut my wires, I extended them to the center console and I put toggle switches on them that way I can flip switches and everything becomes normal if needed.
And since I was behind the radio/navi, I also tapped wires on the IGN and BATT wires to do the ALARM add ons as well, I will probably finish that sometime this week..

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ory-alarm.html

Thanks to the OP and all who contributed to this thread.

Last edited by speeddem0n; 03-10-15 at 05:24 PM.
Old 10-10-15, 10:55 AM
2008ISF
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Looking for some advice...

Just need some advice from the electronic gurus...

Had my touchscreen/digitizer die on me a few months ago. Took the navigation apart, replaced the digitizer, all is working perfectly again. No problem

I thought it would be nice for my wife to watch DVDs while driving. So while I had everything apart, I took the red wire out from my J50 connector and ground it to the radio chassis/side frame.

Technically speaking...I grounded the red wire from the wire harness side to the chassis.

No other wires were spliced, cut, connected. No "navigation hack" performed.

My problem now is the brake light is on all the time. Obviously I did it wrong.

Do I need to...

a. ground the red wire from the actual nav headunit to the chassis (instead of the way I did it, ground the red wire from the harness to chassis)?

b. perform the rest of the navigation hack (which I am not really inclined to do) for the DVD while moving function to work?

c. or put it back to stock...
Old 12-11-15, 09:26 AM
drwafk
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If anyone could chime in regarding the 2010 year nav system, that would be helpful.

FYI I've searched every thread, forum, and googled the hell out of this subject but no dice.

Right now my center console is torn apart and the radio is out. The wire bundles look grossly different.

Help. Thank you.
Old 12-13-15, 09:35 PM
markjustus
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OP, can you also enter destination points? and when you ground the E brake, does your e brake light stay on?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Navigation Hack DIY Part One - Enable DVD, Phonebook & MP3 Folder While Moving