IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Aftermarket HID Installation WITH PICTURES

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-06, 01:31 PM
rdrunner
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by teejnut
Steve- I've talking to you through your e-mail the last day or two. So what's the chance of a promo in April? If there's a promo coming up then I'll wait.
Hmm same here I just ordered a kit from you and was notified that my kit was on backorder. Could I also get the ClubLex discount for the kit since it said I wasn't going to get it till April anyways? Thanks.
Old 03-27-06, 02:18 PM
ybing
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
Hello,

We include a harness with the kit to be on the safe side. The kits are fitment specific not vehicle specific. Not every vehicle has wiring that is designed to accomodate the load required by HIDs upon startup. We just dont want to run the risk of someone damaging their OEM headlight harness.

We also include a harness with the kit to ensure that the ballasts get a constant 12V at all times. We have seen many cases where customers dont use a harness and the ballasts flicker at time due to a voltage fluctuation. This will cause them to burn out prematurely. Not saying that this has been the case with the IS however the car is also brand new so its really hard to tell. At least with the harness installed you know that they are always getting a constant 12V.

Steve
I check on the website...it seems dont have 8000K for IS350...
and if the ballast and ignitor is separated...it need more space=.="...
Old 03-27-06, 05:25 PM
sab504
Pit Crew

I'm in if you get a promo up. =)

I just dont want to get suckered into buying some cheap crap on the inet!
Old 03-27-06, 10:29 PM
muzzman1
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just so you all know....

It has been 3 1/2 months since I posted the thread, and I chose NOT to install the relay on my car out of sheer laziness. I figured if there is a problem my proxenon kit (that was $279) came with the relay kit I would install the relays. I also did NOT change the factory fuse.
I am absolutly pleased with the kit. I have had NO problems in the cold weather etc (at lease cold for LA)
Im just trying to advise you all that I didnt have to pay $379 to get a quality product with a 2 year warranty.
Old 03-28-06, 01:55 PM
storm
Rookie

Originally Posted by muzzman1
It has been 3 1/2 months since I posted the thread, and I chose NOT to install the relay on my car out of sheer laziness. I figured if there is a problem my proxenon kit (that was $279) came with the relay kit I would install the relays. I also did NOT change the factory fuse.
I am absolutly pleased with the kit. I have had NO problems in the cold weather etc (at lease cold for LA)
Im just trying to advise you all that I didnt have to pay $379 to get a quality product with a 2 year warranty.
muzzman, did your kit come with the same ballasts/bulbs as the current kit? Just wondering what the differences are.
Old 03-28-06, 02:00 PM
storm
Rookie

Steve, hook us all up for April

Just order a few too many H11 bulbs and harnesses, and organize a GB deal for us.
Old 03-28-06, 02:12 PM
muzzman1
Driver

Originally Posted by storm
muzzman, did your kit come with the same ballasts/bulbs as the current kit? Just wondering what the differences are.
I have no idea what the kits have now, speak with Joe (I believe) at 626.322.9251 he was my sales guy, very helpful etc. My kit has Hella ballasts....the ignitor was integrated in the ballast, as you can see from the installation pictures I took at the beginningof this thread.
Old 03-28-06, 02:28 PM
storm
Rookie

You've got the Proxenon kit ... correct? Thanks for the info!
Old 03-28-06, 04:05 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by storm
You've got the Proxenon kit ... correct? Thanks for the info!
yes Muzzman1 has the PROXENON kit and so do I on his recommendation and I think I'd get it again after reading everything in this thread. I have the relay/direct wire installed.
Old 03-29-06, 05:42 PM
MLEE4984
Lead Lap

Any updates yet Steve?
Old 03-29-06, 05:50 PM
dainese954
Driver

i can vouch for steve he is great. i love my head lights now after the installation of the kit.
Old 04-02-06, 09:44 AM
Mrbig
Lead Lap

Default ???

If you have the stock xenons and want to change the bulbs ? Will it change any of the stock features you get with them ? Which bulbs to use ?
Old 04-02-06, 02:47 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation Hid Discount

3) Teejnut - no promises yet but im doing my best to work something out for you guys =)

Steve[/QUOTE]

Are we going to get a discount this month? (april) ????

Let me know im looking to buy some HID's Thanks!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-02-06, 02:51 PM
AgBlue
Pole Position

Wow, I'm glad I looked at this thread again. So basically there are two kits you guys are talking about, one from ProXenon, and another XenonDepot. I was looking into buying a kit from Xenon Depot this month, and really hope there is a deal this month! But I have a few questions that i'm not sure about.

1. What are the 'relays' you guys are talking about, and where do they fit in the picture.

2. I also want do HID fog lights, as some have done on this forum. Can I get a kit for that too through XenonDepot?

3. With the XenonDepot kit, will I still need to drill a hole in the cap to run wires through like muzzman's install?

Sorry if these questions were asked before, but I've read through several posts and am still sorta confused as to what comes with XenonDepots kit compared to ProXenon ones. Thanks a bunch.
Old 04-06-06, 04:33 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Agblue,

As per your questions:

1) The relays used in the harness that we provide are used to trigger your lights on/off. Once our harness is installed, all you will be using your stock headlight harness for is simply to trigger the relay in our harness on/off.

2) Fog lights - What sort of bulbs does your vehicle use for the fogs??

3) Yes, you will need to drill a hole to run the wire going from the HID bulb to the ballast.

Regards,

Steve

Quick Reply: Aftermarket HID Installation WITH PICTURES