IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS audio system overview

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-07, 09:52 AM
ReLexin
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow. Sweet write up you got skills Boi!!!
Old 06-05-07, 03:18 PM
effusion
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what size tweeter can fit into the tweeter pods? Can 1 inch tweeters fit in there or they have to be 3/4 inch or less to fit in it?
Also do you know any 3 way component speakers that can fit in the is? the problem is finding a 2.5 inch mid.
Old 06-13-07, 12:47 PM
XIS350
Driver

Default Finished my setup

I just installed a 600 watt amp and 2 12's in my IS350,now I'm having a problem with my rear view center mirror,it always turns upside down even with the volume at 30...any help on how to fix that problem?.

Old 06-13-07, 03:09 PM
effusion
Driver School Candidate

cool stuffz..
Anyone else get a new system in their car?
Old 04-08-08, 09:38 PM
ByoungWoo
Lead Lap

Keeping this thread alive!
Old 04-09-08, 07:16 PM
Karl
Driver School Candidate

That was the most over the top writeup ever. I, like you, am happy with the factory sound system and don't plan any changes. I have installed a Motorola bluetooth kit, which by the way works great. It can use the existing car audio or its own speaker which I've decided to do. It can also automatically mute the factory system while on a call. I'd like to have this feature. The stock system has a mute button on the dash. I'm guessing the BT can be made to duplicate this function, if only I knew how. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Old 04-13-08, 08:34 AM
daLex350
Driver School Candidate

So I have a full on MTX system which consists of:

2 sets of TXC4.1 (4" midrange with 25mm tweeter with crossover)
2 sets of TXC6.0 (6.5 Woofer with crossover)
powered by a Thunder Elite TE604.4
With a T9512D 12" Sledgehammer MTX Sub in their enclosure
powered by a Thunder Elite TE801.D
All using the stock Nav unit non ML with the help of MTX's RE-Q5 to convert the stock outputs to the aftermarket amps

I just started the install this weekend and i ran into a midrange nightmare...THEN i found cmusic's post here which helps me out a GREAT deal! Thanks for the post!

However i am also coming here for some advice. I want to use my midranges and tried to modify the stock midrange location to fit my 4"midrange however that didn't work. I read here that on the ML system, on the rear deck there are midrange locations there. Could i be more successful at mounting the 4"midranges there since the door does not have the room for it? Any idea for the fronts midrange mounting? I have seen some mount the midrange down on the floor and from the looks of it, i'm going to do the same but any mounting problems that i might run into?

I'm going to post up pictures of the install so that anyone else that wants to keep their 3 ways have an idea of where to go. So hopefully i can have that up by the end of this week.

Comments/Questions/Ideas? Any input welcome...

Thanks.
Old 04-13-08, 01:05 PM
D.Jobin
Lexus Test Driver

amazing info!
Old 04-13-08, 10:42 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

*** PLEASE ADD to the FAQ thread ***

Thanks
Old 04-13-08, 11:09 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

^Added.

Javier
Old 05-24-08, 10:48 AM
MIA IS250
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Excellent write, very informative!!!!
Old 06-12-08, 05:03 PM
VTLexus
Driver

Originally Posted by cmusic
I would first unhook and probably even remove the factory sub from the car. Then I would T-tap wires on the front woofer speaker wires. The right front door woofer wires are Brown (+) and Pink (-). The left front door woofer wires are White (+) and Red (-). Or you could just tap the factory sub wires to the new amp. The sub factory wires are sort of confusing on the schematics I have. The wires are either Pink (+) and Sky Blue (-) or Brown (+) and Light Green(-). Just pick the colors that are at the speaker for your install.

Hope this helps
Does anyone know how people are defining mid bass? i plan on setting my amp's crossover to about 70-80 Hz max. do i still need to tap into the front woofeR?
Old 06-13-08, 12:31 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

That was a great write up, thanks for the effort. Some beefs I have with the audio system are as follows: The graduated levels for the volume are too little. It takes too many rotations or "clicks" to get any difference in volume. Second, the RDS feature sucks big time. RDS in most other cars shows the name of the song and the artist. With our set up, you hit the "TEXT" button and you get a quarter of the artist's name or half the song name and then it reverts back to the station number. Can't tell who's singing what and requires eyes to stray from the road for too long. Lastly, the radio display totally washes out in the daytime. This made worse if you drive with the sunroof open, as I do most of the time. I am surprised this got put into production.
Old 07-14-08, 11:27 PM
Duckiez
Driver School Candidate

hey cmusic. i m planning to take out the 8" factory sub and install the pioneer shallow series which is 2.5" ... http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...llow/TS-SW841D do you think it would make any difference? and it is a good idea to do it?? please help thanx
Old 07-15-08, 07:55 AM
lfeharri
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes! I was planning to do the same.. not with those same exact subs though, but other subs as well. I believe the ML on the ISF is the same as the regular IS's?

Quick Reply: IS audio system overview