IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Best place to buy an IS in TX

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-05, 08:30 AM
pelorojo20
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best place to buy an IS in TX

I'm looking to buy, probably special order, and IS in Texas. I live in Austin, so I can go to Lexus of Austin, Lexus in San Antonio, and even Lexus in Houston isn't too bad. And, I travel to Dallas at the holidays, so Lexus there is ok too (parents live near Park Place Lexus in Plano). Any recommendations or particular good salesperson to work with ? I realize that if I special order I'll be paying MSRP so my real concern in knowledge & service; the salesperson I've worked with in Austin so far has repeatedly given me bad information (including that special orders were not even possible). Thank you!
Old 11-18-05, 09:22 AM
jasoncd
Pole Position

I special ordered my IS 250 from Austin a couple of weeks ago. Talk to Linda Davis. I just talked to her last night and confirmed my order was sent off. Tell her Jason sent you. I did pay MSRP, which sucks, but I get exactly what I want.
Old 11-18-05, 09:48 AM
pelorojo20
Driver School Candidate

Default thanks - what was your order

Thanks jason, what was your special order ? Just curious. And what deposit did they ask for ? Is she pretty knowledgeable and did you get written confirmation of what you ordered ?
Old 11-18-05, 10:49 AM
darrelld
Driver

Originally Posted by pelorojo20
I'm looking to buy, probably special order, and IS in Texas. I live in Austin, so I can go to Lexus of Austin, Lexus in San Antonio, and even Lexus in Houston isn't too bad. And, I travel to Dallas at the holidays, so Lexus there is ok too (parents live near Park Place Lexus in Plano). Any recommendations or particular good salesperson to work with ? I realize that if I special order I'll be paying MSRP so my real concern in knowledge & service; the salesperson I've worked with in Austin so far has repeatedly given me bad information (including that special orders were not even possible). Thank you!
I just put a deposit on a IS350 Luxury Package w/18s and Navigation at Park Place Lexus in Plano. Ask for Kim Bergman.
Old 11-18-05, 11:00 AM
Eiso
Driver

Originally Posted by darrelld
I just put a deposit on a IS350 Luxury Package w/18s and Navigation at Park Place Lexus in Plano. Ask for Kim Bergman.
looking for one in Houston too...Crystal White IS350 with Navi/ML. Did you all pay MSRP?
Old 11-18-05, 11:36 AM
Badman Forever
Lead Lap

i put down a deposit 2 months before release.. and upon the first week of the release, my actual car came in. i got mine at westside lexus this time around, but my family has dealt with sterling mccall lexus in the past too. also westside lexus has the latest state of the art service facility and in-house paint/body shop. call up westside lexus and ask to speak to rodrick watson, tell him bernard sent you. : )
Old 11-18-05, 11:54 AM
jasoncd
Pole Position

Thanks jason, what was your special order ? Just curious. And what deposit did they ask for ? Is she pretty knowledgeable and did you get written confirmation of what you ordered ?
250 RWD, SGM/Sterling, 17" wheels, parking assist. If the spoiler and body kit are available before the car gets here, i may get those added on too, as well as the exhaust. The salespeople were not quite up to speed at launch, but were willing to look at options, show me all the documents they had, and help me out quite alot. She's done special orders before, so that made me feel more comfortable. Yes, i got a copy of the order. Paul was also helpful and nice. You might could do better in Houston, though, if you don't go special order route, since there's more competition. Good luck!
Old 11-18-05, 01:06 PM
Eiso
Driver

Originally Posted by Badman Forever
i put down a deposit 2 months before release.. and upon the first week of the release, my actual car came in. i got mine at westside lexus this time around, but my family has dealt with sterling mccall lexus in the past too. also westside lexus has the latest state of the art service facility and in-house paint/body shop. call up westside lexus and ask to speak to rodrick watson, tell him bernard sent you. : )
yea I was thinking about westside too. Did u see any White IS350 with Navi?
Old 11-18-05, 01:10 PM
Badman Forever
Lead Lap

they had a bunch of crystal white is250s during the initial batch. as for is350s, they had 2 glacier frosts.. i picked up the one i ordered and the other was on hold. this was over a month ago though. =|
Old 11-18-05, 01:21 PM
hv128
Driver School Candidate

I went to Northside Lexus in Houston and put my deposit there. Everyone there is really nice and professional. The salesman I'm talking to is Lance, he knows his information well.

I don't know if every dealership is getting shipments in at the same time, but Northside is getting their 2nd allocation shipped in around mid-December. I've already put down a deposit and he already preferenced my car earlier this week.
Old 11-18-05, 01:44 PM
Mickeyc001
Driver School Candidate

I'm new to the Forum. Have been a lurker for several months. The advice and information I have gotten from this forum has helped me tremendously. Now, I want to help someone else.
I have purchased a IS350 Crystal White/Ivory with the Lux package: Heated/Vent seats, wood, Telescoping steering, tilt mirror, HID lights, Nav, etc. I should get it Nov 23rd. It's the $42.9K package. I actually bought my car out of state because these cars are not coming equiped this way to Texas until Feb or March and I needed the car NOW! Here in Dallas, we have two terrific dealerships: Park Place Lexus and Sewell Lexus. I have personally purchased one new car from Park Place and two new cars from Sewell. I prefer Sewell because I have been able to get better deals from them in past, w/out any hassle or being made to feel bad for asking. If you are interested in a car w/ just 18" wheels, either dealership should be able to accomodate you. However, I have noticed that the Texas dealerships are not yet willing to discount their inventory. By purchasing from Lexus of Colorado Springs, I was able to get the $42.9K car w/ free XM Radio, Free Shipping and a modest discounts. After sharing this news with Sewell Lexus, they did advise that I might had been able to get a $500 discount from them.

However, if you are inersted in a fully loaded $47K car, Sewell Lexus does have a couple. They are executive program cars from Atlanta Georgia. They have 2-4K miles on them, so they are willing to negotiate, some.

Last edited by Mickeyc001; 11-18-05 at 02:57 PM.
Old 11-18-05, 04:58 PM
darrelld
Driver

Originally Posted by Mickeyc001
I'm new to the Forum. Have been a lurker for several months. The advice and information I have gotten from this forum has helped me tremendously. Now, I want to help someone else.
I have purchased a IS350 Crystal White/Ivory with the Lux package: Heated/Vent seats, wood, Telescoping steering, tilt mirror, HID lights, Nav, etc. I should get it Nov 23rd. It's the $42.9K package. I actually bought my car out of state because these cars are not coming equiped this way to Texas until Feb or March and I needed the car NOW! Here in Dallas, we have two terrific dealerships: Park Place Lexus and Sewell Lexus. I have personally purchased one new car from Park Place and two new cars from Sewell. I prefer Sewell because I have been able to get better deals from them in past, w/out any hassle or being made to feel bad for asking. If you are interested in a car w/ just 18" wheels, either dealership should be able to accomodate you. However, I have noticed that the Texas dealerships are not yet willing to discount their inventory. By purchasing from Lexus of Colorado Springs, I was able to get the $42.9K car w/ free XM Radio, Free Shipping and a modest discounts. After sharing this news with Sewell Lexus, they did advise that I might had been able to get a $500 discount from them.

However, if you are inersted in a fully loaded $47K car, Sewell Lexus does have a couple. They are executive program cars from Atlanta Georgia. They have 2-4K miles on them, so they are willing to negotiate, some.
I test drove one of the those program cars at Sewell last week. One is equipped with the Sport Package and from this I decided to go with the Luxury Package and upgrade my shocks at some future date. The interior of the Sport is no different than the base model. Very firm ride, not as firm as my friends 2003 M3 but firmer than his new 2006 330i with Sport.

After haggling about the price the best they could do was $1500 off the $47000 MSRP price. The car had over 800 miles on it.
Old 11-18-05, 05:18 PM
Mickeyc001
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by darrelld
I test drove one of the those program cars at Sewell last week. One is equipped with the Sport Package and from this I decided to go with the Luxury Package and upgrade my shocks at some future date. The interior of the Sport is no different than the base model. Very firm ride, not as firm as my friends 2003 M3 but firmer than his new 2006 330i with Sport.

After haggling about the price the best they could do was $1500 off the $47000 MSRP price. The car had over 800 miles on it.
That's better than what they offerd me a couple weeks ago. Truth be told, who would want to take a risk with such a high dollar car? When people test drive these things, they want to open it up and see what's under the hood. Well, in other threads, we have seen that the break in point is aprox 600 miles...of pure babying. So I really worry about potential future issues w/ any demo car. Now if they were discounting them $4K..which IMO they should, then that would be worth risking.
Old 11-18-05, 05:44 PM
Niloy63
Rookie

Default Dealt w/ Northpark Lexus in San Antonio, Lexus of Austin, & Westside Lexus in Houston

Hey buddy. My sister, right now, is actually in the process of ordering a car from Northpark Lexus in San Antonio. I just ordered my GS from the same dealership as well. I was able to get a decent price and they treat they're customers well. Let me know if you'd like a couple of dealer names. I also know of a dealer who is really good at Lexus of Austin (I bought an ES in Austin 2 1/2 years ago). And through my experience with Westside Lexus in Houston, I'd advise you the stay away from them. I'm younger than most people who buy Lexus cars. And because of my age, they figured it would be cute to talk down to me. But when I pulled out my check and wrote a check out to Northpark Lexus of San Antonio for a deposit, they straightened up real quick, lol... and then wasted their time and decided to stay with San Antonio... which made me even happier. Anyway, lol, let me know if you want more details or if you have a question about anything. Good luck buddy,

-Niloy
Old 11-19-05, 01:56 AM
trent
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I also bought my IS, and GS in San Antonio, although I live in the Austin area. Lexus of Austin have always treated me like crap when it came to test driving, or showing me the features of the cars, so I took my business elsewhere. I would suggest North Park Lexus if you're in the area.

Quick Reply: Best place to buy an IS in TX