LennDawg
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does this work with 2015 model IS's?
Old 02-25-15, 08:28 PM
xhackr
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Now that the issue has been solved, I’ll “chime” in with a story.

In every car I owned, I disconnected the warning… from the early days of a plug under the seat, to the entertaining iterations of the electronic sequences of different manufactures. I would never wear a seat-belt around town, but most of the time I would on the highway – I was well aware of that failed logic, even then. Then one day, ten years ago, on the highway, while wearing my seat-belt, I had a nice crash. The seat-belt broke my clavicle, but saved my life. Guess what I always do today and never circumvent.
Old 02-25-15, 08:55 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

^^ Agreed...

I just don't wear it from my mailbox to my garage....

I turned off the chime, but always wear my belt on the road..

Saved my life too..!!

Joe Z
Old 04-30-15, 03:26 PM
catsnmusic
Driver School Candidate

this did not work on my 2011 IS 250. By "on" you mean just the light are on, etc correct? Not that the engine is on. I did this 4 times, no luck

Can anyone help?
Old 04-30-15, 08:40 PM
icey
Driver School Candidate

thank god for this post! ding......ding.........ding........ding.....ding...ding...ding...ding.ding.ding.ding.ding.......!!!! DONE.
Old 05-01-15, 09:10 PM
Konfucius
Driver School Candidate

One of the first things I did when I got the car. Btw even works on the 2012 model, thanks to the OP.
Old 05-08-15, 10:01 AM
davidb5859
Driver School Candidate

Ok, I had the dealer disable the audio alarm but it still dings five (5) times after starting the car until the seat belt is fastened. Is it possible to quiet those five beginning audible dings?
Old 05-08-15, 10:19 AM
Zynthe
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by davidb5859
Ok, I had the dealer disable the audio alarm but it still dings five (5) times after starting the car until the seat belt is fastened. Is it possible to quiet those five beginning audible dings?
Most cars will ding when it first starts.... At least it stops after this method is used. Just get use to it.
Old 10-04-15, 10:49 AM
wilmatic
Driver School Candidate

Well, i hope they didn't change how to disable the ding. i turned it off on my 2012 IS and now i get nothing with my 2015. has anyone been able to disable it on a 2015 yet? Thanks
Old 10-04-15, 07:25 PM
umpalumpa
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Well here we are TEN years after my original post, and I've had 6 or 7 other Lexus leased cars between my wife and myself. At some point they stopped that little easter egg disable feature. Now have a 2015 ct200h fsport and just expected it can't be done anymore. Anyone have success with these later models?
Old 05-23-16, 05:46 PM
rochurch
Driver School Candidate

Dang. Took me 6 pages to realize that this only gets rid of the chime while driving and does not get rid of the startup (pushing start button without seatbelt on) chime. That is the one I want to get rid of. For years in other cars I have disabled the chime completely by pulling the plug. I like to start my car, put on seat belt (still not moving) then put in gear and drive. I REALLY wish this method took away those startup chimes. I purchased a cable and programmed a remote with Techstream but I didn't see seat belt or open door chime in the menus. That open door chime is another big annoyance. I KNOW my door is open. I opened it to get something or do something.
Old 10-08-19, 02:23 AM
davidbusta
Intermediate

Received 87 Likes on 68 Posts

after learning how to do this i found myself actually forgetting to put my seatbelt on. so after a week of forgetting to put my seatbelt on i decided to turn the chime back on. not worth the risk
The following users liked this post:
umpalumpa (10-08-19)
Old 11-21-19, 06:39 AM
Hovnov
6th Gear

Default I have a button start

Originally Posted by umpalumpa
Anyone, anyone, Bueller? I like to take my belt off as I'm coming down my street, probably 45 seconds before i get to the driveway. I did it the first day i brought the car home....and....ding ding ding ding ding ding....and then if you dont plug it back in, its gets FASTER!!! it eventually will turn itself off after about a minute, but come on, im a big boy, i dont need the car telling me to put on the belt and then have it get mad at me when i dont!!! I dont mind the flashing lights, but there HAS to be a way to turn that damn alarm off!

Solution:
1. turn the key to the ON position, foot off the brake
2. cycle the odometer with the trip reset button until the ODO is displayed (not trip A or B)
3. turn the ignition to the LOCK (OFF) position
4. unbuckle the driver's seatbelt if it was buckled.
5. turn the key to the ON position. when the dash lights have come on, press and hold the trip reset button and count a slow 12 seconds. (editor's note, hold it more like 30 sec)
6. while still holding the trip reset button, buckle the driver's side seatbelt.
7. the odometer display should read "b ON" or "b OFF". toggle the beep OFF with the trip reset.
8. the process should be completed when you unbuckle or turn the key off.

thanks to knox_sport!
Hi, I start the engine with button, not with a key, how then I could do this whole procces? I do actually have a key, its hidden in this little box wifi "key" but I only found two keyholes, one on trunk amd second in glove box.
Old 11-21-19, 08:08 AM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Received 766 Likes on 669 Posts

Originally Posted by Hovnov
Hi, I start the engine with button, not with a key, how then I could do this whole procces? I do actually have a key, its hidden in this little box wifi "key" but I only found two keyholes, one on trunk amd second in glove box.
Without foot on brake pedal. Push the button twice (2X) this will be the ON position.

Hit it once (1X) will be in accessory mode.

Old 11-21-19, 08:12 AM
Hovnov
6th Gear

Originally Posted by MikeFig82
Without foot on brake pedal. Push the button twice (2X) this will be the ON position.

Hit it once (1X) will be in accessory mode.
Thank you very much

Quick Reply: Turn off those damn seatbelt alarms!?!?