IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

$6grand discount on 350?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-05, 10:04 AM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default $6grand discount on 350?

Curious what the biggest discount anyone's received on an IS350? There is a guy at another forum that claims the following: MSRP was $382XX. I paid (drum role again) $324xx with TTL it was $354xx....I told you guys i got a deal!
Old 11-13-05, 12:21 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ES3
MSRP was $382XX. I paid (drum role again) $324xx with TTL it was $354xx!
There is only one way to get this discount, and that is if this person worked for Toyota/Lexus.

Without TTL, the car should be about $32k. This would be the invoice price of a bare-bones IS350 with destination only, or an IS250 with some options depending if its a manual or AWD.

Toyota/Lexus employees usually can get a car at $100 over invoice, but some can get up to 20% BELOW INVOICE!

If you want to get this type of discount, you should be working for Lexus HQ...
Old 11-13-05, 02:04 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Yeah, he's saying he doesn't work for them either. I'm suspicious...
Old 11-13-05, 02:19 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Without some additional special circumstances, I raise the BS flag on the guy. 6k off inthe first month of sales of a brand new model?
Old 11-13-05, 02:19 PM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think its true. I wouldnt never pay anything near invoice for a car. He even gave the fleet managers name. Why would be lie. Some people are suckers and dont get good deals and some people do. Thats just the way it is.

I'm going to try to get an IS250 for $3k off msrp.
Old 11-13-05, 02:24 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by gsrthomas
I think its true. I wouldnt never pay anything near invoice for a car. He even gave the fleet managers name. Why would be lie. Some people are suckers and dont get good deals and some people do. Thats just the way it is.

LOL, reason it is not true is that dealer just gave him 2k-3k to buy an IS. Dealer would literaly have to take out money and give it to the customer in this case.

Good luck with your 3k off!
Old 11-13-05, 02:28 PM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by spwolf
LOL, reason it is not true is that dealer just gave him 2k-3k to buy an IS. Dealer would literaly have to take out money and give it to the customer in this case.

Good luck with your 3k off!
Go check out that thread on www.is300.net its in the general discussion. He says its true. But who really knows.

If I dont get $3k off MSRP then i'll just wait as long as it takes. I have a car to drive now so i'm not in much of a hurry.

Pretty soon dealers are going to be loaded with IS250's and they will be discounting them a whole lot. My dealer already has 6 IS250's and getting more in.
Old 11-13-05, 02:37 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Huh? You contradict yourself. You say you wouldn't pay anything near invoice, yet you say $3k off MSRP.
Old 11-13-05, 02:39 PM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TimboIS
Huh? You contradict yourself. You say you wouldn't pay anything near invoice, yet you say $3k off MSRP.
Sorry, i meant I wouldnt pay anything near msrp not invoice.
Old 11-13-05, 02:47 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Here is the thread for those interested, It gets kind of conveluted, but follow along if you wish. Notice he's not responded to any inquiries about him taking pictures of the price documents etc.

http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?p...10#post3826210
Old 11-13-05, 02:48 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Go check out that thread on www.is300.net its in the general discussion. He says its true. But who really knows.

If I dont get $3k off MSRP then i'll just wait as long as it takes. I have a car to drive now so i'm not in much of a hurry.

Pretty soon dealers are going to be loaded with IS250's and they will be discounting them a whole lot. My dealer already has 6 IS250's and getting more in.
it doesnt matter... Dealer makes around 3k-5k on IS (from base to the top optioned one). They can not give you an 3k discount as if it was 50k car, since they dont make that kind of money.

Same reason they would not be able to normally give 6k discount, because that means they are paying for the dude's car. Now, maybe some special circumstances or what not, but thats not how it works in general.
Old 11-13-05, 03:13 PM
lovemytrx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ES3
Here is the thread for those interested, It gets kind of conveluted, but follow along if you wish. Notice he's not responded to any inquiries about him taking pictures of the price documents etc.

http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?p...10#post3826210
No Proof No Truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-13-05, 03:22 PM
rdrunner
Rookie

Originally Posted by spwolf
it doesnt matter... Dealer makes around 3k-5k on IS (from base to the top optioned one). They can not give you an 3k discount as if it was 50k car, since they dont make that kind of money.

Same reason they would not be able to normally give 6k discount, because that means they are paying for the dude's car. Now, maybe some special circumstances or what not, but thats not how it works in general.

Dealers can give 3k off.. just not now. From invoice to MSRP on the IS is about 4k without options. Add in some options and the delta is even higher. Therefore, a Lexus dealer can give you the 3k off MSRP and still make 1k profit.. not including dealer incentives. I think there is something called a holdback which is usually around 1k? 1k+1k=2k in dealer profit which is plenty. I read that dealers give you 1k above invoice easy on GS's so.. its all about patience. Just have to wait a long long time haha.

I think the 6k is probably not feasible since that would mean the dealer is making almost nothing.. but who knows.
Old 11-13-05, 03:41 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Sorry, i meant I wouldnt pay anything near msrp not invoice.
Sorry, I'm strill trying to wrap my head around what you're trying to convey. Your statement still doesn't make any sense. Your statement is a double negative..."you wouldn't pay msrp AND wouldn't pay invoice".

Maybe if you used punctuation, that would help. Are you trying to say:

(1) you would pay invoice, but not MSRP.
(2) you want to pay less than invoice.
(3) somewhere between invoice and MSRP.

You do realize invoice is LESS than MSRP?
Old 11-13-05, 04:13 PM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TimboIS
Maybe if you used punctuation, that would help. Are you trying to say:

(1) you would pay invoice, but not MSRP.
(2) you want to pay less than invoice.
(3) somewhere between invoice and MSRP.

You do realize invoice is LESS than MSRP?
Option 3.

Yes I realize invoice is less than msrp.

Here is the break down of "Farsc" sales contract for anyone that is interested.

Line 1A Cash price Vehicle: 32494.30
Line 1B doc prep fee: 45.00
Line 1D: Sales tax 2521.80

Line 2A: License fee 272.00
Line 2C: CA Tire Fee 8.75

Total: 35341.85"

Quick Reply: $6grand discount on 350?