How old are you? - Page 4 - Club Lexus Forums

Log In 

How old are you?

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-21-05, 05:20 AM   #46
MaSndM
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: OH
Posts: 27
Default How bad do i want it?

22- male- black

I am glad that someone asked the question of how old the new IS buyers are. I was wondering that myself. i thought i was crazy for wanting this car being so young, but there are people younger than me that have already bought it. Pure craziness!! I've been thinking about upgrading to the 350, but I have a reputation for impulse buying as I have had 3 cars in the last year. So before I go and jump on a 40k car, I really have to weigh my options. i haven't graduated college yet so that is the biggest factor. Ohio State gets real stupid on game day and I would just love to see my car overturned and burned because we won the game (yes that actually happened. not to me but it has happened). that would so make my day. so i figure i could just wait and reward myself upon graduation. momma and daddy pay for nothing btw. I make more than them combined. but man, would i love to be driving the 350 right now.
MaSndM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-05, 06:04 AM   #47
isdsms
Driver
Thread Starter
 
isdsms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NJ
Posts: 167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaSndM
22- male- black

I am glad that someone asked the question of how old the new IS buyers are. I was wondering that myself. i thought i was crazy for wanting this car being so young, but there are people younger than me that have already bought it. Pure craziness!! I've been thinking about upgrading to the 350, but I have a reputation for impulse buying as I have had 3 cars in the last year. So before I go and jump on a 40k car, I really have to weigh my options. i haven't graduated college yet so that is the biggest factor. Ohio State gets real stupid on game day and I would just love to see my car overturned and burned because we won the game (yes that actually happened. not to me but it has happened). that would so make my day. so i figure i could just wait and reward myself upon graduation. momma and daddy pay for nothing btw. I make more than them combined. but man, would i love to be driving the 350 right now.
Hey...I am 56 and would have thought that the new IS, due to its new more Lexus-like interior etc, would have attracted a demograhic more like 30-55 and maybe it has. It could be that Club Lexus has a membership that is more 15-30 like and so these results are not truly representative. In any case, go for the IS 350 after football season. You will love it!
isdsms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-05, 07:48 AM   #48
wolverine
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (9)
 
wolverine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: California
Posts: 2,224
Default

22-male-chinese

IS350
wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-05, 09:55 AM   #49
clubfoot
Lead Lap
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ontario
Posts: 641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoBuggs
Wow, how did you manage that?

Nice job getting special order delivery so soon.
Canadian Lexus Luxary with Nav package, includes ML audio and all options except sport suspension and LSD.
clubfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-05, 11:20 AM   #50
The Chad
Driver
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: OH
Posts: 165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisslexusclub
Male, 26, Swiss, IS250 M/T fully loaded. I should get it within next two weeks!

No IS350 for Europe. BTW, a fully loaded IS250 A/T costs over 60 kUSD over here!
Yes, but you get several diesel versions, do you not?
The Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-05, 11:28 AM   #51
Lexustom
Lead Lap
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: California
Posts: 545
Default

Hello to my new friends. I have almost no idea how to do a "post" but one is never too old to try something new. I'm 62 years old and ordered my first Lexus yesterday. I ordered an IS350 with every option Lexus has available. My wife and I looked and looked and considered many different brands as well as the GS430 and even for a few moments the SC430. We both just love the looks, size and the many cool options that come with and/or can be ordered with the IS. Now the waiting begins. I can live through the wait I'm sure.
Lexustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-05, 03:52 PM   #52
plgtx
Driver School Candidate
 
plgtx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 33
Default

Male/24/Black
I'm waiting until my lease is up in Feb '07 or I get a better job (whichever comes first). I love everything about this IS, I think it fit's me! I don't care if it's the 250 or the 350, but it would be an upgrade for me either way it goes (although my Accord still makes me happy with the 240 hp!). I'm also about to graduate, and I figure the new grad lease deal should help me out. Anyway, I'm very critical and this is the only car that gives me everything I want. Now....time to save up!
plgtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-05, 09:58 PM   #53
the_ez_rhino
Lead Lap
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Utah
Posts: 591
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseWin
IS350
Male/23/Utah/Single
do you have your IS already? if so did you get it from LHM lexus in murray?

and to address the original post, I'm 20, and I gotta get that 350, but I think I'm gonna wait for the end of the model year before I buy.
the_ez_rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-05, 10:36 PM   #54
Christian8
Pole Position
 
Christian8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sugarland, Texas
Posts: 200
Default

18/Hispanic Male/Houston
i'll wait until the second year of the generation. Most likely ill trade in my rx300. I'll be looking for a smoky granite with the sports package and hks exhaust/ground effects kit. Dont really need/want the navigation.

Last edited by Christian8; 10-21-05 at 11:13 PM.
Christian8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-05, 11:59 PM   #55
JesseWin
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: UT
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ez_rhino
do you have your IS already? if so did you get it from LHM lexus in murray?

and to address the original post, I'm 20, and I gotta get that 350, but I think I'm gonna wait for the end of the model year before I buy.
Yes, I did some calling around....spent about 8 hours on the phone with Lexus and have a IS350 w/ML coming into LHM murray next week from the port. We're Mark Levinsons dealer here in UT for the Home Audio side of things. So through that im able to refer Mark Levinson home audio buyers to Lexus. The wait is driving me nuts!!
JesseWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-05, 12:12 AM   #56
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic
iTrader: (2)
 
xknowonex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 5,046
Default

21 - Asian - full-time student at a junior college and working two jobs.

I really wanted one ever since I first saw a picture of it. It made me debated between trying to get one or stick to my SC and tuning it all the way. I ended up just sticking to mine because having such a big car payment would overwhelm me. Either way Im still eating cup-o-noodles. Wait, cup-o-noodles costs twice as much as the top ramen in the bag.
xknowonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-05, 02:13 AM   #57
isdsms
Driver
Thread Starter
 
isdsms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NJ
Posts: 167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian8
18/Hispanic Male/Houston
i'll wait until the second year of the generation. Most likely ill trade in my rx300. I'll be looking for a smoky granite with the sports package and hks exhaust/ground effects kit. Dont really need/want the navigation.
Nav is really a nice feature. So many functions which really make this car fun are interfaced through it. Before you order, I suggest that you spend time playing with the Nav package and experience it. Good luck.
isdsms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-05, 03:28 AM   #58
swisslexusclub
Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chad
Yes, but you get several diesel versions, do you not?
We get one diesel engine. It's the same 177 hp-2.2L-4 Cyl. as the one in the Avensis. Anyway, it's nice that we get a diesel but this is not changing the fact of the high pricing
swisslexusclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-05, 12:50 PM   #59
isdsms
Driver
Thread Starter
 
isdsms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NJ
Posts: 167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisslexusclub
We get one diesel engine. It's the same 177 hp-2.2L-4 Cyl. as the one in the Avensis. Anyway, it's nice that we get a diesel but this is not changing the fact of the high pricing


What do they call, the diesel version and are there any 250's or 350's to be had in Europe?
isdsms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-05, 07:27 AM   #60
camdlux
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: VA
Posts: 7
Default

34/M/Blk/Married/NoVA
IS250AWD
Pics
Attached Thumbnails
How old are you?-autos-009-small-.jpg  
camdlux is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Age and other demographics for owners and future owners chilipalm RC F (2015-present) 22 11-19-14 05:02 PM
Dying leather seats janabrock SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010) 3 03-29-14 12:41 PM
Camber Adjustment isdsms IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) 6 10-03-09 02:42 PM
ES350 Age Check (Primary Driver) poll! Celibon ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) 45 12-10-07 04:11 PM
My dealer's allocation ...sucks! isdsms IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) 10 10-07-05 02:02 PM


Tags
300zx, aerotek, affording, buyers, club, clublexus, demographics, female, gender, hunny, is250, lexus, male, reus2000, rx350, vinyl, wwworangeficom

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:49 PM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved