IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Getting wood trim on the performance pkg?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-05, 12:46 PM
R1C3boiGTS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting wood trim on the performance pkg?

Hi, I noticed that in the performance package, there is no wood trim available with it. Is there anyway I can custom order the wood trim with the performance package?
Old 10-17-05, 01:15 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Not at this moment. The best thing to do is to get the Luxury package and do the performance mods yourself, which is to lower the car by tightening suspension, and getting the aluminum pedals. Pretty much everything else is the same, with the exception of other standard "luxury" options on the car such as rear window shade and illuminated scuff plates.
Old 10-17-05, 01:41 PM
GonzoBuggs
Driver

What would it cost to lower the car and how would that affect VDIM? I would prefer the Luxury package for the scuff plates and rear shade, but really want the handling of the Performance package.
Old 10-17-05, 01:52 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...or you can talk to someone on this forum, like me, who wants to get sport package but probably will end up getting the luxury package and if I can find a way to remove the wood....trade you....purchase silver.....

Have to see how I feel when after I actually own the car. Have to hear more opinions on the silver sport trim.
Old 10-17-05, 02:10 PM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Dependson how cheap it looks. the whole problem i have with interior trims is they often look too fake. Aluminum is often faked with silver plastic.

I like the wood and the black leather though, looks real classy

I'm not really thrilled about the lack of a sport suspension though

Edit: I also wanted to know if we have the ambient lighting like the RX330 and the 06 GS's have that just barely and slightly light up the shifter/console area? I don't even know what it's called, so i can't find it on the lexus site or these forums

Last edited by TheRupp; 10-17-05 at 02:19 PM.
Old 10-17-05, 04:31 PM
upbull340
Pole Position

Originally Posted by R1C3boiGTS
Hi, I noticed that in the performance package, there is no wood trim available with it. Is there anyway I can custom order the wood trim with the performance package?
My dealer said you cannot get the wood trim with the sport package. I've seen both, driven both and want the lowered ride height so I'll learn to live with the alum trim. I think both are nice.
Old 10-17-05, 04:38 PM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by upbull340
My dealer said you cannot get the wood trim with the sport package. I've seen both, driven both and want the lowered ride height so I'll learn to live with the alum trim. I think both are nice.
How does it handle without the sport package?

The IS250 I drove held pretty strong without any noticeable roll or sliding, so I'm not totally worried if it's similar.
Old 10-17-05, 04:44 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by upbull340
How does it handle without the wood? I haven't heard of anyone wanting the the wood, except my dad.
Old 10-17-05, 04:55 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GonzoBuggs
What would it cost to lower the car and how would that affect VDIM? I would prefer the Luxury package for the scuff plates and rear shade, but really want the handling of the Performance package.
the tanabe springs for teh GS which lower about 1 inch cost about 250 + whatever labor. so i'd assume it costs about the same for the IS.
Old 10-17-05, 05:48 PM
yaro1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TheRupp
Edit: I also wanted to know if we have the ambient lighting like the RX330 and the 06 GS's have that just barely and slightly light up the shifter/console area? I don't even know what it's called, so i can't find it on the lexus site or these forums
I looked at the car and it appears as though there are indeed many LED lights in the cabin for ambient light. However, I can't say how they work in the dark. I would assume they do illuminate the shifter since that is something generally in every Lexus right now anyway.
Old 10-17-05, 06:07 PM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by yaro1
I looked at the car and it appears as though there are indeed many LED lights in the cabin for ambient light. However, I can't say how they work in the dark. I would assume they do illuminate the shifter since that is something generally in every Lexus right now anyway.
I would assume the same based on that, and the fact that the E90 has it
Old 10-17-05, 08:05 PM
GonzoBuggs
Driver

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Not at this moment. The best thing to do is to get the Luxury package and do the performance mods yourself, which is to lower the car by tightening suspension, and getting the aluminum pedals. Pretty much everything else is the same, with the exception of other standard "luxury" options on the car such as rear window shade and illuminated scuff plates.
This is exactly what I did. I kept looking at that aluminum trim and thought it really took a lot away from the car. I had a Tundra with wood trim and hated the wood, but the Lexus wood on this car looks much better in person.

I'm also getting a cashmere interior which would clash badly with the aluminum. This means getting a sport package with cashmere is a horrible idea.

So... I changed my order.

Now, if someone will just tell me how modding the suspension will screw with VDIM.
Old 10-17-05, 08:24 PM
is350
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

i prefer alum trim over wood trim. my current car have alum trim, and evne tho tis fake brush alum , it still looks awesome. so sport pack for me, althought it would be nice to have illuminated door sills and rear sunshade, but no biggy.
Old 10-17-05, 08:34 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

For reference...
Attached Thumbnails Getting wood trim on the performance pkg?-is_interior.jpg  
Old 10-17-05, 10:11 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by is350
i prefer alum trim over wood trim. my current car have alum trim, and evne tho tis fake brush alum , it still looks awesome. so sport pack for me, althought it would be nice to have illuminated door sills and rear sunshade, but no biggy.
the thing is the "aluminum" trim isn't even faux aluminum, it's just painted silver plastic, is it not?

Quick Reply: Getting wood trim on the performance pkg?