IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

No ML audio in the IS250 or 350???

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-05, 10:25 AM
wthai
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No ML audio in the IS250 or 350???

I read this from another thread, but can't seem to find it again. I got a call from lexus in westminster, and they say Lexus is not building any 250's or 350's w/ ML premium audio systems??? can someone who bought it already clarify this? thanks
Old 10-14-05, 10:32 AM
GonzoBuggs
Driver

You have to be REAL careful here because there is a lot of discussion around this topic and most is rumor.

Here is what has been said:

1. No ML on the West Coast for sure. Probably not on the East and North East regions. Probably not in the Southern Regions.

2. ML IS available in the midwest for sure.

3. You CAN special order with ML. That is what I have done.

It is my opinion , that in all liklihood, you will see MLs in all regions in the coming months.
Old 10-14-05, 10:36 AM
wthai
Driver School Candidate

thanks, just found the other posting talking about this subject. Seems like Cali dealers don't have the IS w/ ML right now.
Old 10-14-05, 10:48 AM
GonzoBuggs
Driver

Just be sure not to put too much stock in what you hear. There are general managers who will tell you different stories about this. What I have been told that I do believe is that dealers set the allocation. Since it has been confirmed that some regions DO have ML, I believe the west coast region is capable of receiving ML equipped vehicles if they order them. I think that decision will be based on demand and customer feedback.

Personally, I wouldnt take delivery of a vehicle without ML and think the price and 3-4 month wait is more than worth it.

The upside of a special order is you get the EXACT car you want, colors and all. You will pay a bit more for ML, but you won't have to pay for something like PCS ($2,800) if you don't want it.
Old 10-14-05, 09:45 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's no question about it for the midwest KS. I sat in a red 350 that had ML at a Kansas City Missouri dealership, the car was for sale. I would have bought the car...but I want black.
Old 10-14-05, 10:54 PM
brewkp4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kensteele
There's no question about it for the midwest KS. I sat in a red 350 that had ML at a Kansas City Missouri dealership, the car was for sale. I would have bought the car...but I want black.

yeah baby! black is the way to go
Old 10-14-05, 11:02 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

i would have liked to see an ML equipped vehicle just to see how it sounds like with an ipod or something... even if i'm not buying for a couple months.

lexus allocation = weird.
Old 10-14-05, 11:02 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by brewkp4
yeah baby! black is the way to go
Saw a black-on-black IS yesterday, and for some reason, it doesn't quite stand out compared to the Matador Red or Glacier Frost Mica that were in the same room. Some of the lines of the car were lost in the dark. With the red and silver-blue, the IS is more defined and "cut". Also, a dark color makes a car look smaller; perhaps it was just a visual effect?
Old 10-14-05, 11:37 PM
brewkp4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Saw a black-on-black IS yesterday, and for some reason, it doesn't quite stand out compared to the Matador Red or Glacier Frost Mica that were in the same room. Some of the lines of the car were lost in the dark. With the red and silver-blue, the IS is more defined and "cut". Also, a dark color makes a car look smaller; perhaps it was just a visual effect?
I havent seen it in person yet....tomorrow hopefully...but you are probably right.... any thoughts on the blue onyx....? I am also linto the really white car (forget the name of it, glacier white????)..... will that color dirty easily...???thoughts? It is really tough for me to pick a color considering I cant see every color in person.....
Old 10-15-05, 05:51 AM
upbull340
Pole Position

Its interesting how we all view the car differently. I guess that is what makes us individuals and why there are so many car models and colors. I personally like the black. Yes, I agree it hides some of the lines but I think the rear end looks better in black. After seeing several light colors in Chicago I'm leaning toward black on black. It would be a first for me.
Old 10-15-05, 08:26 AM
GonzoBuggs
Driver

i would have liked to see an ML equipped vehicle just to see how it sounds like with an ipod or something... even if i'm not buying for a couple months.
Try sitting in a GS. Unless you're an audiophile, your ear won't notice the difference in vehicle accoustics between the vehicles. Either way, you WILL be able to tell the difference.

My strong suggestion is not to use the radio as a source. Bring your favorite music. I found that "No Scrubs" by TLC was the absolute best song to compare the two systems. It starts off with high's, goes quickly to mids, then some hard-core bass.

Ask your dealer if they have an iPod adapter for the GS you can use to test your iPod. See if they will park 2 side by side, 1 ML and 1 standard. Then tell him/her to go away and test at your own pace.
Old 10-15-05, 08:26 AM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

be warned that black is a pain to keep up, but you already knew that.
Old 10-15-05, 08:33 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Also, a dark color makes a car look smaller; perhaps it was just a visual effect?
No it isn't a visual effect. The dark cars are actually smaller!
Old 10-15-05, 08:53 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Yes I know black is hard to keep up (my current car is black) but when it's clean, it REALLY looks nice. Another reason I chose black is to hide SOME of the lines...the rear-end is now acceptable. Face it. This car is not really "beautiful" but I'll do...
Old 10-15-05, 09:35 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TimboIS
No it isn't a visual effect. The dark cars are actually smaller!
You know what, the white car did have more backseat room than the black one...

Quick Reply: No ML audio in the IS250 or 350???