IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2006 IS 350 Made In........

Old 06-27-05, 10:06 PM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ok, I got it cleared up. It says that the final assembly point is in Japan, but 5% of the PARTS are origin of US/Canada, not the vehicle itself. Sorry for the confusion

I still wanna know what 5% that is though, lol

I'm guessing wheels/tires/wires (just the wires, not the electronics themselves)? Or maybe the glass?
Old 06-28-05, 02:10 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheRupp
Ok, I got it cleared up. It says that the final assembly point is in Japan, but 5% of the PARTS are origin of US/Canada, not the vehicle itself. Sorry for the confusion

I still wanna know what 5% that is though, lol

I'm guessing wheels/tires/wires (just the wires, not the electronics themselves)? Or maybe the glass?
and a lot of dust?
Old 06-28-05, 04:33 PM
Lextranny
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
Well last year there was a rumor floating around it was going to be built in Canada, but you know how the rumor mill works. I know we export parts and such because of trade agreement, but like AmethystSC said it's all good with a "J" in the front of vin#.
Well, if it is made anywhere outside of JAPAN......i.e. Canada, U.S. I ain't buying it!!!!!!!!!!

Needs to be 100% made in Tahara, Japan!!!!

Hope Lexus is reading this forum!
Old 06-28-05, 07:22 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Lextranny
Well, if it is made anywhere outside of JAPAN......i.e. Canada, U.S. I ain't buying it!!!!!!!!!!

Needs to be 100% made in Tahara, Japan!!!!

Hope Lexus is reading this forum!
If u feel that strongly about it, maybe find our yourself? Its going to be made in Tahara as in assembled. There will be no Lexus sedans as I know of in the immediate future produced in North America.

And though I would prefer my Lexus to be made in Japan, I wouldn't have an issue with a LExus made elsewhere because I know their managment and employees and staff are ON POINT to produce the best made car period.

The RX is still best in class in quality, and many are now made in Canada.
Old 06-28-05, 09:08 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Please let me clarify: As long as there is a "J" in the fron of the vin#, it stands for "Japan". All IS250 and IS350 will be made in Japan. All Lexus are made in Japan, except for about half of our RX's. What I heard last year was only a rumor, not all all true!

No worries!
Old 06-28-05, 09:19 PM
RXGOLD
Rookie

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
If u feel that strongly about it, maybe find our yourself? Its going to be made in Tahara as in assembled. There will be no Lexus sedans as I know of in the immediate future produced in North America.

And though I would prefer my Lexus to be made in Japan, I wouldn't have an issue with a LExus made elsewhere because I know their managment and employees and staff are ON POINT to produce the best made car period.

The RX is still best in class in quality, and many are now made in Canada.
I would disagree with you 1sicklex. I have the 2005 RX330 made in Canada. Vin # starts with a 2. I'm very dissapointed in the fact that I have brought my car to the dealership many times to get something fixed. i.e. radiator recall., etc.... I have other Japanese cars made in Japan 100% and I'm very satified!
Old 06-28-05, 10:33 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by RXGOLD
I would disagree with you 1sicklex. I have the 2005 RX330 made in Canada. Vin # starts with a 2. I'm very dissapointed in the fact that I have brought my car to the dealership many times to get something fixed. i.e. radiator recall., etc.... I have other Japanese cars made in Japan 100% and I'm very satified!
And I understand your disatisfaction thus far but your experience does not equte the RX experience. The RX has been tops in quality every year since its introduction. Even with production of some moved to Canada, quality is still class leading. So the majority of owners are very satisfied

Has the Canadian plant had problems? I am sure they have, being the first Lexus plant outside Japan. Can they improve? Yes, like all plants. But I cannot come close to just saying a Lexus made outside of Japan is not worthy. And in comparsion to the Benz ML and BMW X5, made in Alabama and South Carolina or the INfiniti QX56 made in Mississippi, the Canadian RX leaves them way behind in quality.

Sorry to hear about your issues. From my understanding, all RXs with the sliding roof are made in Japan as all RX 400h SUVs.
Old 06-29-05, 06:39 AM
iatacs19
Rookie

My folks got an RX330 made in canada and it's good so far( knock on wood). 22k miles and no major issues. I think they have an '04.