IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

red out tails... got bored

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-14, 11:21 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default red out tails... got bored

I haven't really created any new threads lately cause I haven't really done much since picking up the car Father's day weekend. Figured I'd share a couple pictures of the little things so far. Def not worthy enough to start a build thread lol.

Parts so far:
I have H&R springs laying around, ordered the UltraRacing rear lower frame brace, F-Sport rear sway ordered.

Next up on the list:
Takeda intake, Greddy SP Elite, and this fine piece of JL Audio...
Really considering the ings lip with a custom carbon fiber splitter under that ( this because i'm using H&R springs for awhile )
Kazz grill, SGM roof and deck lips, AVS, and undecided on the rear lip

Wheels:
So undecided here... rolling stock for awhile. Wheels and Air Setup will be my last two mods ( i think )

I did this early in the week. Blew out the center dash speaker on my way home for the PURE VIP Californication meet. The cap in the center of the cone popped off and was just rattling around. After driving a few days with just the rear speakers I had to do something. I was going to just keep the speaker out... but after looking at it knowing I was going to trash it... I figured i'd try removing the cap and plug it back in to see what happens. OEM replacement is almost $200 lol. Sounds good to me!!! It's been back in and playing ever since. I'm sure that cap plays a role in something but honestly I can not tell the difference. You can see the small cut in the center of the speaker that I made to pull the cap out but not when its installed.

I just did this tonight. Had some red film laying around in the garage so i figured i'll take care of those amber turn signals. Took about 20 minutes... 15 of which was prep work.

Last edited by MikeFoxx; 08-16-14 at 11:38 PM.
Old 08-17-14, 12:42 AM
BoyOhBoy
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

What's up mike. Good progress!! Well I have an ings lip here in San Jose if you ever want to pick it up. Also thinking about selling the AVS visors maybe so let me know. You have my ig. Or we can meet at the Lexus meet in a month and I can bring the lip with me LOL.
Old 08-17-14, 08:00 AM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BoyOhBoy
What's up mike. Good progress!! Well I have an ings lip here in San Jose if you ever want to pick it up. Also thinking about selling the AVS visors maybe so let me know. You have my ig. Or we can meet at the Lexus meet in a month and I can bring the lip with me LOL.
Yeah sounds good... send me a pm. I'm trying to get stuff stocked up and ready to go on all at once. It's kinda hard not to toss this stuff on though.
Old 08-17-14, 10:51 AM
is250916
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I'll be coming out to the Lexus meet in Fremont too. Cant wait to see all you guys out there
Old 08-18-14, 09:08 AM
getafewliv
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I did the same exact thing with the red out vinyl before I got some pre cut ones. The first try I used some cheap Chinese vinyl but it wasn't dark enough to cover up the orange.
Old 08-18-14, 12:41 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Originally Posted by is250916
I'll be coming out to the Lexus meet in Fremont too. Cant wait to see all you guys out there
Right on bro... it should be a good one. Would be nice to win something big out there!

Originally Posted by getafewliv
I did the same exact thing with the red out vinyl before I got some pre cut ones. The first try I used some cheap Chinese vinyl but it wasn't dark enough to cover up the orange.
yeah its not a 100% match either it's almost there but not 100%. i just had it laying around from when i did my GS300 inner tail lights because they were faded. it looks good though but i know its there. Looking at your list of mods it seems like i wont be too far off from you when i'm done lol.
Old 08-18-14, 01:49 PM
getafewliv
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

yeah its not a 100% match either it's almost there but not 100%. i just had it laying around from when i did my GS300 inner tail lights because they were faded. it looks good though but i know its there. Looking at your list of mods it seems like i wont be too far off from you when i'm done lol.
[/QUOTE]

Haha It's funny how fast all the mods go on. 6 months ago, I was pretty much stock.
Old 08-18-14, 06:12 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You're off to a great start.
Old 08-18-14, 06:42 PM
rawr2is250
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like your taste in mods.
Old 08-18-14, 09:18 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sffd103
You're off to a great start.
Thanks brotha! I may never reach the level you got yours to... your past car was one of my favorites.

Originally Posted by rawr2is250
I like your taste in mods.
It's a hard juggle man. There are so many options for this platform but I'm really trying to focus on how it's all going to flow. Lots of thread trolling and IG stalking lol. I literally have a spreadsheet laying out different mod combinations. Trying to avoid back peddling as much as possible... so far I know the springs will be one of those.