IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Complimentary multi-pt inspection

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-13, 11:19 AM
Pivo154
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Complimentary multi-pt inspection

Do you guys recommend getting this from lexus? I just got a 10% off for it & wondering if its worth it. Im around 40k miles
Old 04-27-13, 01:20 PM
Keppie
Lead Lap

Post is confusing. How do you get 10% off something that is complimentary? If its free what is the risk? If they say you need something then decide if you want it done.
Old 04-27-13, 01:36 PM
JohnLX300
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What I think you were trying to say is that they will give you 10% off any repair you decide to have them do from the multi-point inspection? I purposely bring in my vehicle for an oil change.....(I bring my own oil & filter) just to have them check everything over on my car. They always tell me what I need to do to my car and I later on go home and do it. It a great way to know what needs to be done to your vehicle, AND if you can even trust your dealership with larger issues that may arise down the road.
Old 04-27-13, 04:50 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yea i got the same notice from my dealership.A free inspection and 10% off any repairs you decide to do afterwards.

I would take them up on the free offer, but i would go home and do research before I let them do any repairs. Luckily on my car, they weren't able to find anything wrong, nice piece of mind
Old 04-27-13, 05:01 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is simply a means to generate service revenue. Do the complimentary inspections, take what they recommend be replaced, changed or repaired, and then decide what you can do yourself. The reason repair facilities (dealerships now included) offer free inspections is so that they can sell repairs. No harm in hearing what they have to say but don't go into it thinking that the 10% off is going to necessarily be a good deal.
Old 04-27-13, 07:01 PM
Clay Easto
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Slammer1
This is simply a means to generate service revenue. Do the complimentary inspections, take what they recommend be replaced, changed or repaired, and then decide what you can do yourself. The reason repair facilities (dealerships now included) offer free inspections is so that they can sell repairs. No harm in hearing what they have to say but don't go into it thinking that the 10% off is going to necessarily be a good deal.
100% correct
Old 04-28-13, 05:44 PM
Pivo154
Lead Lap

I agree. Im at 45k and the free inspection is nice bc Ive been hearing a strange noise whenever I start the car. It doesnt always happen its very random. But still nice to know if everything is working as it should.
Old 04-29-13, 10:45 AM
UniSlayEX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Slammer1
Completely agree with this. I would take it in when you need the oil change (if it can wait that long of course)
Old 04-29-13, 08:04 PM
Pivo154
Lead Lap

it includes an oil change? Does everyone here usually go to lexus for their oil change? Or what does everyone do?
Old 04-30-13, 01:59 PM
dong888
Pole Position

I bring my car for oil change at dealership. $65-$70 is what they charge and often time they offer free 27 point inspection. I like the car wash and interior vacuum, including trunk if requested. For the price, factoring the car wash, there is not much saving if I were to do my own oil change. Everything else is done at my trusted local shop.

If I had received the free multipoint inspection mail like you did, I would probably just ignore it and I get it from time to time with the oil change. There is no point for me to spend the time just to get a free car wash. Unless I feel the car is not running smoothly and something might have gone wrong.
Old 04-30-13, 02:36 PM
GoGiantsNJ
Pole Position

The $65.00-$70.00 oil change from a Lexus Dealer ,is that for full synthetic?

If that's synthetic oil that's a good deal.
Old 04-30-13, 04:38 PM
Pivo154
Lead Lap

Does this inspection include an oil change or no? unislay mentioned something
Old 04-30-13, 10:03 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

lol, I think it's the other way around. The oil change includes a free inspection! The dealership I go to charges about $50 for oil change (not synthetic). As part of the oil change, they inspect tires, brakes, start the car a bit for any weirdness, and wash and clean stuff -- probably not a very thorough inspection though.
Old 05-01-13, 10:23 AM
Soap
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by GoGiantsNJ
The $65.00-$70.00 oil change from a Lexus Dealer ,is that for full synthetic?

If that's synthetic oil that's a good deal.
I doubt that is synthetic, I want to say my dealer charges around $60 and that was for conventional oil. I do my own oil changes with a full synthetic every 10,000 miles.
Old 05-01-13, 12:17 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dong888
I bring my car for oil change at dealership. $65-$70 is what they charge and often time they offer free 27 point inspection. I like the car wash and interior vacuum, including trunk if requested. For the price, factoring the car wash, there is not much saving if I were to do my own oil change. Everything else is done at my trusted local shop.

If I had received the free multipoint inspection mail like you did, I would probably just ignore it and I get it from time to time with the oil change. There is no point for me to spend the time just to get a free car wash. Unless I feel the car is not running smoothly and something might have gone wrong.
Those free car washes do more harm than good. Can you say swirl marks?

Originally Posted by Soap
I doubt that is synthetic, I want to say my dealer charges around $60 and that was for conventional oil. I do my own oil changes with a full synthetic every 10,000 miles.
Same here. Its not hard to do and I dont really trust too many people working on my car

Quick Reply: Complimentary multi-pt inspection