IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Got my first speeding ticket today :(

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-12, 01:59 PM
juvi22003
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusGuy35
always have a good story ready incase you get pulled over. should have said you just ate white castles and if you didnt get home asap you were goin to shlt your pants.
I would love to be there when you give an officer that story....GL
Old 04-16-12, 04:10 PM
2slixx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its going to be more than 328 bucks. My pops got one 3 months ago for going 80 on a 65 and his was about 436 dollars... California needs money, they are going to **** rape you... no lube!
Old 04-16-12, 05:26 PM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

^^^ great write up and very informative....i hope he reads it
Old 04-16-12, 06:10 PM
wtfsmith
Driver School Candidate

Omg same here!

I got caught speeding on I-15 going to work.

Funny thing is, I was doing 83-85 but the officer pulled me over and said "You know a-ss-hol-es like you are the one that cause accident on the road right? then he thought i was racing with a mustang and i tried to explain to him and he said "bull****" Then he wrote me 99 on 70!

My court date is next month, I don't know what to do :\

Last edited by wtfsmith; 04-16-12 at 06:13 PM.
Old 04-16-12, 06:48 PM
XSV
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by wtfsmith
Omg same here!

I got caught speeding on I-15 going to work.

Funny thing is, I was doing 83-85 but the officer pulled me over and said "You know a-ss-hol-es like you are the one that cause accident on the road right? then he thought i was racing with a mustang and i tried to explain to him and he said "bull****" Then he wrote me 99 on 70!

My court date is next month, I don't know what to do :\
Lawyer up or plea not guilty. You can't do defensive driving.
Old 04-16-12, 06:48 PM
kingster
Pole Position

Find out if you can go to traffic school by visiting the courts beb site.
Enter your citation #, select traffic school and you will find you if you get rejected or scepted and a traffic school candidate.
If you do
1. pay ticket at their web site and selct traffict school (about $40 extra + citation $$)
2. go to traffic school (about $25) Right this moment it's cheaper!!!

This web site idrivesafely.com will take care of submitting your certificate to the court.
Just take about 8 hours in a single day or do as much as you want each day.
There is a lot of reading and test taking (multiple or True/ false questions.)
You can re-take portions of the whole thing if in case you don't pass certain parts.
You can print all the reading parts and go back and take the test. You must wait at least 3 minutes to skip each of the reading parts (e.g. pages) to get to the test portion.

Remember1. You will have about 30 days to complete traffic school from the day you pay the citation
2. if short on cash, you have one extension (about 30 more days) from citation due date. Visit same site and select extension.
3. Do not wait until the last day to take care of this issues. It all depends on the court rules if you are allowed traffic school and if you should be granted any extension/s.

Good luck
Old 04-16-12, 06:53 PM
XSV
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by kingster
Find out if you can go to traffic school by visiting the courts beb site.
Enter your citation #, select traffic school and you will find you if you get rejected or scepted and a traffic school candidate.
If you do
1. pay ticket at their web site and selct traffict school (about $40 extra + citation $$)
2. go to traffic school (about $25) Right this moment it's cheaper!!!

This web site idrivesafely.com will take care of submitting your certificate to the court.
Just take about 8 hours in a single day or do as much as you want each day.
There is a lot of reading and test taking (multiple or True/ false questions.)
You can re-take portions of the whole thing if in case you don't pass certain parts.
You can print all the reading parts and go back and take the test. You must wait at least 3 minutes to skip each of the reading parts (e.g. pages) to get to the test portion.

Remember1. You will have about 30 days to complete traffic school from the day you pay the citation
2. if short on cash, you have one extension (about 30 more days) from citation due date. Visit same site and select extension.
3. Do not wait until the last day to take care of this issues. It all depends on the court rules if you are allowed traffic school and if you should be granted any extension/s.

Good luck
1) The price has always been $25
2) idrivesafely will not submit the forms to the court, you have to do that yourself
3) The questions are super easy, don't pay attention to the material. If you have to, Google is your friend.
4) The judge will determine how long they will give you to complete the defensive driving. The judges usually gave me 3 months.
5) This is pointless information because the website clearly states you can not do the defensive driving if you were(or reported) speeding 25+ the limit.
Old 04-16-12, 06:57 PM
Toxicxk23
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Definitely gonna read more into the TBD! Thanks guys. I really appreciate the guidance. Hopefully I can learn my lesson for free. I'll keep you guys posted and if I have any questions I'll know where to ask them
Old 04-16-12, 07:44 PM
BrooklynNY
Rookie

Originally Posted by Toxicxk23
Definitely gonna read more into the TBD! Thanks guys. I really appreciate the guidance. Hopefully I can learn my lesson for free. I'll keep you guys posted and if I have any questions I'll know where to ask them
out of curiosity. did the officer write on the ticket/state if he hit you with radar or laser?
Old 04-16-12, 07:50 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Key is, don't speed.
Old 04-16-12, 08:41 PM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SB350
Since you're in California, you should use Cybeclipse's advice that he posted in another thread.
thanks for sharing, good info!
Old 04-16-12, 09:18 PM
Toxicxk23
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BrooklynNY
out of curiosity. did the officer write on the ticket/state if he hit you with radar or laser?
I don't believe so. I know he verbally told me he got me with laser. Was he supposed to write it?
Old 04-16-12, 11:56 PM
Sango
Pole Position

^
Supposed to, otherwise how did the offer know you're speeding? Officer just guessed by "seeing" that you appeared to be speeding perhaps?

Last edited by Sango; 04-17-12 at 07:59 AM.
Old 04-17-12, 02:03 AM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

He should have written on the ticket how the speed was taken. If he didn't, you probably have grounds to get the ticket dismissed in court
Old 04-17-12, 07:23 PM
kingster
Pole Position

Originally Posted by XSV
1) The price has always been $25
2) idrivesafely will not submit the forms to the court, you have to do that yourself
3) The questions are super easy, don't pay attention to the material. If you have to, Google is your friend.
4) The judge will determine how long they will give you to complete the defensive driving. The judges usually gave me 3 months.
5) This is pointless information because the website clearly states you can not do the defensive driving if you were(or reported) speeding 25+ the limit.
Idrivesafely.com will charge for any hard copies mailed or emailed to you.
But will not charge if they simply submit your certificate to the court (no other forms needed)

The judge will not decide here because if you do it through their web site, it is already stablsihed how long you have to complete traffic school.

All information provided in this thread, may very well have a point here even if it's for others in a similar situation now or in the future. In additon to that, hommie stated that the officer wrote him up speeding 24mph over sppeds limit. That means he is in deed under 25mph therefore, has a chance for traffic school. He has nothing to lose by just going into their web site and entering his information. Either he will be rejected or accepted. That's if this is the route he would like to take.

Quick Reply: Got my first speeding ticket today :(