IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

The Molded Wald Spoiler Club. How many of us are there?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-12, 05:24 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by karasha
And you're assuming I have money to blow? I'm a college student who has had to be very selective with my funds to have the things I have on my car. It would have been way easier for me to buy rip off HREs, rip off WALD, ect., but I didn't because it's a matter of principle of putting money into the pockets of the designers who originally created these designs.

I'm just sayin' man, don't account everyone who buys authentic as people who just want to be "show-off".

This is a good overview as to why many choose to not buy fake parts:
http://www.vertex-usa.com/no-knockof...entic-products

Either way, the Wald spoilers in this thread (authentic or not), are looking good! I'll have to post up better pictures of my fitment whenever Houston isn't underwater.
Don't get me wrong I wasn't calling u a show of I'm just simply saying not everybody has money to spend $$$$$ on parts period. And its just simply my opinion, I could care less on buying a spoiler made by some company in China vs Wald bc it's just simply a spoiler thats not gonna make my car faster, improve my gas mileage, or add any value to my car other than making it look better. Other than the fact that I was planning on molding it myself, that was the reason why I choose to not buy authentic. The money I spent molding, and painting my rep wald (which the fitment wasn't even off by much) was less than buying a authentic wald spoiler alone. Thus saving me money to buy other things. To each their own.
Old 01-09-12, 05:58 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Dexterr
I didn't know a good number of members had their Wald spoilers molded on the trunk. Flows so much better, especially with Wald spoiler.

MARIANO: you're definitely in a different level. Your # of awards only shows.
Thanks Dex...You know I love my "Black Princess!"

Originally Posted by PAVGR
I also liked someones molded Wald from Guan or something.I cant find the picture but i think he had shaved it and it looked great.I also believe that Marianos Wald is the best
This guy!!! It's sick!! And thank you for the LOVE!!
Attached Thumbnails The Molded Wald Spoiler Club. How many of us are there?-brown-is.jpg   The Molded Wald Spoiler Club. How many of us are there?-brown-is-2.jpg  
Old 01-09-12, 06:45 PM
PlacidBoi
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Interesting!

Hello guys! I am barely starting too look into these things so spare me the insults because yes, I am a newbie
I recently just graduated and my parents bought me a graduation present. I am currently driving a 2006 IS250 Loaded with Navigation and many other things.
I am thinking about modding up my car as well and the molded wald trunks were the first things I wanted to do right after I drop it then get rims. I still have to look up the offsets and what not, but I had a question to ask about these trunks.
Don't laugh but I was wondering what materials do people mold these trunks with if they do it themselves? And the most silly question I had in mind was, why doesn't anyone mold the bottom of the wald trunk to the OEM trunk as well? Or is that the hype look?
Thanks in advance guys!

and to sffd103, are those sensor holes on your rear bumper just for looks?
Old 01-09-12, 06:46 PM
Nelly
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Sffd103, The moment I saw your car at BOS7 meet in July, I knew I wanted the spoiler. Bad.
Old 01-09-12, 11:17 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PlacidBoi
Hello guys! I am barely starting too look into these things so spare me the insults because yes, I am a newbie
I recently just graduated and my parents bought me a graduation present. I am currently driving a 2006 IS250 Loaded with Navigation and many other things.
I am thinking about modding up my car as well and the molded wald trunks were the first things I wanted to do right after I drop it then get rims. I still have to look up the offsets and what not, but I had a question to ask about these trunks.
Don't laugh but I was wondering what materials do people mold these trunks with if they do it themselves? And the most silly question I had in mind was, why doesn't anyone mold the bottom of the wald trunk to the OEM trunk as well? Or is that the hype look?
Thanks in advance guys!

I molded my spoiler and quarters and I used duraglass. Heres the threads with the process. I assume everyone else who had theirs done by a shop either used bondo, fiberglass or duraglass. and the bottom of my spoiler is molded into the trunk as well

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...d-spoiler.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-a-a-lift.html
Old 01-09-12, 11:58 PM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by karasha
I'm sorry, I'm going to have to completely disagree with you here.

Some people, like me, REFUSE to support knock off parts for our cars. Not only do they not fit properly, but you are putting money in the hands of people who are making a living off of copying the designers at WALD. I prefer support to the company who originally made these parts, so they can continue making parts for our cars. The only time I find it understandable for "knock offs" to be made is because the original part is no longer in production (for example, the IS300's L-Tuned front bumper, ect.)
i have seen this arguement a few times about parts and other stuff. the term knock off parts really goes to people who would make a wald wing and put a wald badge on there and in turn sell it for close to regulatr price if not regular price as the wald. if its a replica or something that looks like the orginal part its not that big a deal. you see this all the time on cars and in everyday life. they put audi light on the is250 so are you not gonna buy one cause they stole audis headlight designs. it all business at the end of the day. i know this cause i own a few business myself. if something is a hot seller in the world other people jump on board. car parts , shoes, food , its all the same. i myself try to support the real thing if its that much better then the replica. but in the case of the wald wing its really not that much better from what i have seen. and you have to take in the fact are you buliding a show car or just want to drive a nicely modded car. cause if you just driving it around town and scrapping up the kit what difference does it make long as the fitment is good and it looks how u want

but at the end of the day there is no wrong choice. thats why living in america rocks you got tons of competition to drive prices down on products. and there is more then enough money around for everyone to make. .... cheers fellas and happy modding for the 2012 year , i hope to see some great cars on here
Old 01-10-12, 07:28 AM
Gustavo250
Lexus Champion

Name:  smileyvault-offtopic.gif
Views: 2089
Size:  1.5 KB .
Old 01-10-12, 10:25 AM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD
I molded my spoiler and quarters and I used duraglass. Heres the threads with the process. I assume everyone else who had theirs done by a shop either used bondo, fiberglass or duraglass. and the bottom of my spoiler is molded into the trunk as well

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...d-spoiler.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-a-a-lift.html
the two links don't work...
Old 01-10-12, 10:58 AM
Lexitegra
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PAVGR
I also liked someones molded Wald from Guan or something.I cant find the picture but i think he had shaved it and it looked great.
If I recall correctly, isn't his an entirely custom creation and not a molded Wald?

All the same though, it was really nice, as are the rest of the examples in here .
Old 01-10-12, 11:10 AM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup, his is a 3 piece spoiler, don't know what that means but he pmD me about it
Old 01-10-12, 12:07 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by HyperMKIV
Really? It does on my end. I guess u can click on my profile and it'll show my previous threads
Old 01-10-12, 04:48 PM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think full WALD+Exhaust+BADGE= Finished .......Its been 3 years and the cars still the same
Attached Thumbnails The Molded Wald Spoiler Club. How many of us are there?-wald-x50.jpg  
Old 01-10-12, 07:32 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks in advance guys!

and to sffd103, are those sensor holes on your rear bumper just for looks?[/QUOTE]

I had mine molded with fiberglass and it is molded all the way around the trunk at the sides and bottom.

I don't know what sensors you're talking about though. I have a radar/laser sensor above my rear plate.
Attached Thumbnails The Molded Wald Spoiler Club. How many of us are there?-molded-wald-1.jpg   The Molded Wald Spoiler Club. How many of us are there?-molded-wald-2.jpg   The Molded Wald Spoiler Club. How many of us are there?-molded-wald-3.jpg   The Molded Wald Spoiler Club. How many of us are there?-molded-wald-4.jpg  
Old 01-10-12, 11:17 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sffd103
Thanks in advance guys!

I had mine molded with fiberglass and it is molded all the way around the trunk at the sides and bottom.

I don't know what sensors you're talking about though. I have a radar/laser sensor above my rear plate.[/QUOTE]

I used duraglass just bc its stronger than regular fiberglass and doesnt shrink. Regular fiberglass is known to shrink and contort and becomes very brittle in cold weather (which you shouldn't have a problem since you are in Cali), and Bondo is just garbage all together. If it's placed on any metal its bound to lift and any movement or slight impact it cracks easily.
Old 01-10-12, 11:19 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by HyperMKIV
you can also view the pics of my process here http://public.fotki.com/remydee/
those other two links were just the threads as I was going through the work

Quick Reply: The Molded Wald Spoiler Club. How many of us are there?