IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

I park alone..to STAY ALONE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-11, 10:07 AM
LexUser85
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't say I cherish material things..more of cherish the long hard hours I had to work in order to pay for it!
Old 12-23-11, 10:09 AM
lalewla
Rookie

Originally Posted by LexUser85
I wouldn't say I cherish material things..more of cherish the long hard hours I had to work in order to pay for it!
that's good to hear.

personally, i think i did (and sometimes still do), but as i said, i'm really trying to get better about it.
Old 12-23-11, 10:10 AM
MoarLow
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by lalewla
it's so hard to keep your car free of dings. even if you park next to two really nice cars there is no guarantee that they won't leave and two dump trucks will then park beside you.

also, as written here even if you park far away, someone will still intentionally park close to you.

for me, the older my car gets the less senstive i am to dings.

sometimes i think dings are God's way of teaching me not to cherish material things quite so dearly.
I agree. I spend way too much time thinking about cars (thus why I'm on Club Lexus forum). Save up your money, for when you get worse damage and actually need to work on the car (knock on wood). But, I feel your pain, I have a nice scratch line on my rear bumper that magically appeared after leaving work.
Old 12-23-11, 11:26 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I feel your pain as I have some spots on my car...I tend to park next to a tree or something and park real close but some people just can't park and drive period. At work I park next to a wall and really close to it. I still see sometimes people park next to me and leaving no space and there is lots of spots open. I always check to see if there are any scratches. the sad part is I leave them with so much room, they still park very close and over the line sometimes. SMH, but I get them back by reporting to security and hand out parking tickets since its an employees only parking lot.

Last edited by Evil Teo; 12-23-11 at 11:35 AM.
Old 12-23-11, 11:34 AM
Gladius
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LexUser85
^^this^^+10
Old 12-23-11, 08:47 PM
JohnLX300
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Evil Teo
I feel your pain as I have some spots on my car...I tend to park next to a tree or something and park real close but some people just can't park and drive period. At work I park next to a wall and really close to it. I still see sometimes people park next to me and leaving no space and there is lots of spots open. I always check to see if there are any scratches. the sad part is I leave them with so much room, they still park very close and over the line sometimes. SMH, but I get them back by reporting to security and hand out parking tickets since its an employees only parking lot.
I love parking in those end spots....only one side of my car can only get dings. And I can easily check because I have to approach my car to get in on the exposed side. People have no respect for others property until they pay for it! Just sayin'! LOL
Old 12-23-11, 09:03 PM
MistaLex
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only thing I have to say about Wal-Mart is... www.peopleofwalmart.com
Old 12-23-11, 09:31 PM
sung3d
Rookie

LOL. I just got back from Walmart couple hours ago for last minute Christmas shopping for our kids.
And yes I parked waaaaaaay out there and when I came back there was a car right behind mine and a cart next to my car. Made me nervous

Here is a pic of my IS this evening in the parking garage at my work.
Even though the lot was half filled, I still parked way out there alone hahahaha.

Last edited by sung3d; 12-23-11 at 09:37 PM.
Old 12-24-11, 03:32 AM
c-low
Lexus Test Driver

lol wally world... go figure
Old 12-26-11, 06:16 PM
LexUser85
Driver

Originally Posted by sung3d
LOL. I just got back from Walmart couple hours ago for last minute Christmas shopping for our kids.
And yes I parked waaaaaaay out there and when I came back there was a car right behind mine and a cart next to my car. Made me nervous

Even though the lot was half filled, I still parked way out there alone hahahaha.

That literally looks like one of my parking jobs anywhere I go!
Old 12-26-11, 06:34 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sung3d

The odd man out is usually a flag to the unsuspected.

The parking is also asking a way to get some free "artwork" as well.
Old 12-26-11, 07:33 PM
LexUser85
Driver

So either way, he loses..lol If he parks close to other cars..he gets dinged up. If he parks where hes at now, he gets artwork..
Old 12-26-11, 11:24 PM
bloodz0r
Driver School Candidate

i park next to the tree or edge of the parking lot so 1 side is covered. lol
Old 12-27-11, 09:27 PM
mwl7698
Driver

check this out. i went into subway one day to pick up some lunch. The time was around 2pm so the parking lot was not crowded. I park well away from any of the the surrounding stores. I came out to find this...
WTF obviously there were no other parking spots available to accomodate those vehicles...
Old 12-27-11, 09:31 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by mwl7698
check this out. i went into subway one day to pick up some lunch. The time was around 2pm so the parking lot was not crowded. I park well away from any of the the surrounding stores. I came out to find this...
WTF obviously there were no other parking spots available to accomodate those vehicles...
I would've felt claustrophobic coming out to that

Quick Reply: I park alone..to STAY ALONE!!!