Pics of my '06 IS250 with 2011MY headlights w/ LED Strip

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-15, 07:31 AM
Louiskilla
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by Thinktwice
So I finally finished installing the 2011 headlights on my '06 IS250 with factory halogen. I've had them installed for about a month now, but was waiting on the part to connect the LED strip to the rest of the harness which my dealership finally got this weekend after weeks on backorder.

I purchased both headlights used via eBay along with new D4S bulbs, a ballast (one of the headlights came with a ballast), and new covers since the 2 sellers I purchased the headlights from didn't include any covers. Total cost = $1200. I'm hoping to sell my old headlights for a couple hundred on eBay, so that should bring the total cost down.

If anyone is wondering, it was obviously not plug n play at first. I had to splice and relocate wires on the harness connector to get the LED strip to work. Also, the reason the high beams aren't functioning as DRLs is because I had my dealership disable them.

Sorry for the closeup pics. I took the pics using my iPhone so when I backed up anymore than I did all the camera would show is a ball of light on each side. Also, the LED strip is not as yellow as the pic makes it seem. It's actually white with a very slight bluish hue.

EDIT: Don't let the photo deceive you. These are actually the LEDs at 50% brightness. They didn't look nearly as bright as the iPhone camera made it seem.

These are also the LEDs at 50% brightness, taken less than a minute after the first pic. You can clearly see what light does to the iPhone's crappy camera.

This is a few weeks afterwards once I figured out how to get the LEDs up to 100% brightness. The passenger headlight at 50% brightness, the driver headlight at 100% brightness (they're now both wired for 100% brightness BTW).

FYI - I explain the correct wiring on page 7 of this thread.

Hi Can I please have the link where you bought this from and did the dealer take care of all the wiring for you ? Thanks
Old 06-08-15, 04:35 PM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Love the new headlight look nice. Want to upgrade my 08IS350 soon.
Old 12-16-15, 01:41 AM
jz1219
Rookie

how to repin to 2006 ? i got the 2012
Old 12-29-15, 11:08 PM
adolfo14la
Driver School Candidate

Default 2012 headlamps on 2010 Lexus is250

Hi guys, I just bought 2012 headlamps for my 2010 Lexus is250 from the dealer. Can any one please provide some information on how to install? Or what is needed to install? Or where is a good place that would install the headlamps for me? I live in Southern California. Much appreciated.
Old 01-24-16, 11:06 PM
ezLex22
Driver School Candidate

Hey Everyone, I finally got around to doing this upgrade. I have an 08 ISF so there were a few physical differences but overall very close and this write-up was clutch! I believe the lights I have are the 2011 Sewell stripped.

However I have run into a problem - The low beams are not working consistently. The drivers side was on consistently during testing by just turning the ACC on and turning the stalk to ON and Auto. The passenger side was intermittent during these tests. Then I started the car and backed out of the garage - neither low beams were on the whole time driving home. Got home; parked the car - still no low beams. Turned the car off - drivers side low beam came on.

Here's what I did in terms of wiring:
- Moved green wire to empty slot (this did not make the LEDs work so proceeded to next)
- Cut red wire and spliced it into the White / Black wire
After connecting the red with White/Black the LEDs have been on full time - stalk on AUTO, ON, PARKING.

Please help!
Thanks -
E
Old 06-22-16, 09:30 AM
ISFinferno
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default headlight

would it be possible for you to tell me what you meant with +wire etc.. also do I need 2 relays for each side etc. I have the 2013 loaded set brand new from the dealer.

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Using the parking light pin allows for the lights to be completely turned OFF at the Stalk..

Finally after 4 years I had the time to make a custom harness & relay..

This now allows my LED lights to switch back and fourth from 100% to 50%

I routed the Green & Black wire from the Passenger side to the Drivers side..

Then I merged both sides with a Y connection and wired in the 5 pin relay..

Like so:

Now my Stalk operates the LED strips as follows:

OFF - OFF
Parking Light ON one Click - 100% Led
Low Beam / HID ON two Clicks - 50% Led
Auto - 50% Led as is follows the Low Beam function

Sorry No Pics, but the wiring looks as oem as possible with added shrink tubing and use of wire loom covering.

Joe Z
Old 07-12-16, 07:32 PM
smt6
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

How do I get the pins out? Feels like I am about to break something...
Old 07-31-16, 01:51 PM
SeanO
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

How is everyone splicing their wires? what method??

Solder and heat shrink? butt connectors and tape? twist wires and tape (this is the quick and dirty way i think lol)

Going to wire my lights up to the ignition fuse just wondering how everyone is doing their wiring..
Old 11-17-16, 12:07 PM
Vladgt40
Driver School Candidate

Hey Guys,

Anyone know if they sell these black LED headlights for an HID factory model?

I have a 2010 IS250 with factory HIDs
Old 04-17-17, 09:53 PM
JohnMorgan
Lead Lap

Received 61 Likes on 41 Posts

Reviving this thread since I have a question I can't seem to find the answer to on this thread or any other.

I have a MY 2012, so already has the LED strip. I did the conversion on my 2007 IS250 with MY 2011 and pinned them to be at 100% brightness the whole time.
Would I follow the same pins I did for the conversion to make the LED strip 100% brightness the whole time?

I ask because as you all know when the Low Beams come on the strip reduces to 50% brightness, and I'm not a fan.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Cheers
Old 04-18-17, 06:08 AM
MikeyK02
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

If you want 100% all the time:

Snip green wire from led boards coming from bottom(NOT THE GREEN WIRE GOING INTO THE HEADLIGHT HARNESS)....connect green wires from both headlights together...run merged green wires into ign2 in driver side engine relay box via add a circuit.

Done.

I also snipped and capped off black wires from led boards just to make sure.
Old 04-18-17, 08:12 AM
JohnMorgan
Lead Lap

Thanks for the quick response Mikey. May be a stupid question but is there any way to do it without hacking into the wires?

Originally Posted by MikeyK02
If you want 100% all the time:

Snip green wire from led boards coming from bottom(NOT THE GREEN WIRE GOING INTO THE HEADLIGHT HARNESS)....connect green wires from both headlights together...run merged green wires into ign2 in driver side engine relay box via add a circuit.

Done.

I also snipped and capped off black wires from led boards just to make sure.
Old 04-18-17, 11:53 AM
MikeyK02
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnMorgan
Thanks for the quick response Mikey. May be a stupid question but is there any way to do it without hacking into the wires?
You can try repinning. Some people have done it that way, but i've noticed it's like 50/50
Old 04-18-17, 12:11 PM
JohnMorgan
Lead Lap

Ill try pinning them into the side marker pins (orange LED) since I don't like that light on anyways. Thanks Mikey

Originally Posted by MikeyK02
You can try repinning. Some people have done it that way, but i've noticed it's like 50/50
Old 04-18-17, 07:53 PM
mitsuboost
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can someone tell me if on a Non Sewell light, do the black/white still have to be spliced to the red wire from the main harness & Also Green wire relocated from the main harness? (to get the ignition relay method correct so that LED's act like factory 50%-100%?) or no

Quick Reply: Pics of my '06 IS250 with 2011MY headlights w/ LED Strip