350PsDMeuP
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that's a pretty contraption!
Old 04-27-08, 06:34 PM
350PsDMeuP
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

come to think about it i have some TPMS iforged adapters that i will be selling becuase my rev II are TPMS compatible let me know if interested ill post them in the classified a lil later
Old 04-27-08, 10:20 PM
Magellan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VikDiddy
My post was in regard to him throwing his sensors in his spare tire. If he gets a flat, how will he use the spare tire?
Your point is well taken. I was just adding my opinion that TPMS is a valuable safety feature that can save lives. Disabling the system by throwing the sensors it in the trunk in any form defeats the whole purpose of the device, and is a gamble that should not be taken lightly.

Yes, I know it has to do with aftermarket rims, but aren’t there rims out there that are compatible with TPMS? And in the long run isn’t that the wiser choice?
Old 04-27-08, 11:37 PM
iialcii
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha nice pipe man, I wonder if anyone got pulled over and searched before? any cops freak out? geez thing looks like a real pipe bomb. hahaha
Old 04-27-08, 11:45 PM
chrispy

Received 78 Likes on 37 Posts

I don't get what the big deal is with disabling TPMS. If you mod your car, some things aren't going to work like stock. TPMS is such a minor thing to lose. It's like how people didn't want LED tail lights on the GS because it set off a light and then they refused to pull the bulb because then they wouldn't know when a tail light is out.

That's a nice pipe bomb. I like the textured paint.
Old 04-27-08, 11:58 PM
isam250
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

mines it on my SIg
Old 04-28-08, 09:12 AM
Magellan
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by chrispy
I don't get what the big deal is with disabling TPMS. If you mod your car, some things aren't going to work like stock. TPMS is such a minor thing to lose. It's like how people didn't want LED tail lights on the GS because it set off a light and then they refused to pull the bulb because then they wouldn't know when a tail light is out.

That's a nice pipe bomb. I like the textured paint.
I think disabling safety devices IS a big deal, especially if the reason is for some trivial mod. As stated in a past thread I had an experience with a slow leak at freeway speeds that had it not been caught I could have lost my life. No big deal indeed.
Old 04-28-08, 09:36 AM
MLIAISON
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Magellan
Your point is well taken. I was just adding my opinion that TPMS is a valuable safety feature that can save lives. Disabling the system by throwing the sensors it in the trunk in any form defeats the whole purpose of the device, and is a gamble that should not be taken lightly.

Yes, I know it has to do with aftermarket rims, but aren’t there rims out there that are compatible with TPMS? And in the long run isn’t that the wiser choice?
No disrespect Magellan, but what do you think people do...or have done all this time without a TPMS? It's really not a vitale thing.....only until recently has this become available with newer cars, and to be honest...i've never had a TPMS and im still alive and have survived many a blowout
Old 04-28-08, 09:48 AM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MLIAISON
No disrespect Magellan, but what do you think people do...or have done all this time without a TPMS? It's really not a vitale thing.....only until recently has this become available with newer cars, and to be honest...i've never had a TPMS and im still alive and have survived many a blowout
I was thinking the same thing. Many people have survived driving w/o TPMS for several decades. Yes it's a nice safety feature, and even though I have it, I still do a routine weekly tire check regardless if the warning light comes on or not.

Last edited by Little E; 04-28-08 at 10:01 AM.
Old 04-28-08, 09:55 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes we have survived with out them in the past! But since you have it on your car wouldnt you rather take advantage of this feature? There are rims that allow TPMS and there are adapters that many have posted to use for non TPMS rims. Personally I invested in a 2nd set and have them on both my winter and summer rims. IMO you are better to just unplug the system and disable it. Like Vik mentioned how are you going to use your spare should you need it with the TPMS loose in the spare tire??
Old 04-28-08, 10:12 AM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ep3turbo
how does that thing go in your wheels?
Thanks for the good laugh
Old 04-28-08, 10:28 AM
Magellan
Lead Lap

That’s a good question. What they were doing was killing themselves (even though you were lucky enough to survive a few blowouts). Perhaps you remember a few years back when all those Firestone tires were failing on SUV’s and there were multiple deaths on the road. In addition to tire and SUV design flaws, the feds contributed many of those accidents to underinflated tires that had heated up, so that’s why they mandated the current TPMS requirement in 2004.

There are countless safety devices we didn’t have years ago that caused a great deal carnage on the road, including no seat belts, collapsing steering columns, padded dashes, brake system failure warning lights, pop-out windshields and air bags. What did we do before we had these devices? We just did without. But we had many more road deaths per capita then we do today. Now unless you have a secret death wish, or are feeling indestructible, it is, IMHO, foolish to disconnect them, especially if your only reason is to have a set of “cool” rims that somehow cannot be retrofitted with TPMS.
Old 04-28-08, 10:42 AM
MLIAISON
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by passnu2
Yes we have survived with out them in the past! But since you have it on your car wouldnt you rather take advantage of this feature? There are rims that allow TPMS and there are adapters that many have posted to use for non TPMS rims. Personally I invested in a 2nd set and have them on both my winter and summer rims. IMO you are better to just unplug the system and disable it. Like Vik mentioned how are you going to use your spare should you need it with the TPMS loose in the spare tire??
No I wouldnt rather take advantage, i'd rather live dangerously
lol
Old 04-28-08, 10:47 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

No I wouldnt rather take advantage, i'd rather live dangerously
lol
you reble haha...plus we saw how your tires look
Old 04-28-08, 10:53 AM
sincityIS