IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models
View Poll Results: Does Homelink work with your rolling code garage opener?
Yes - Works like a charm!
80.68%
No - Can't get the darn thing working!
19.32%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-15-14, 12:45 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

Working Homelink with rolling code?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-08, 09:32 PM
inrainbows
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Working Homelink with rolling code?

I've tried every method in the manual and can't for the life of me get my Homelink working with my Chamberlain garage door opener. It uses a rolling code. Have you had luck? Any tricks? Please advise. Thanks!
Old 01-31-08, 09:38 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I cant get it to work so i carry the remote in the sun glass holder
Old 01-31-08, 09:43 PM
DaveyIS
Driver

Originally Posted by ExTrEmE99
I cant get it to work so i carry the remote in the sun glass holder
same here haha i just bought a new garage door opener a small one and it came with 2 sided tape and i taped it inside the sun glasses holder on the side looks clean. i dont have sun glasses anyway so know thats known as the garage door opener holder :P
Old 01-31-08, 09:44 PM
lexXxus13
Driver

hey dude, i got a chamberlain and after like 10 times I got it to work.

here is what you do.

hit the remote and the homelink button at the same time till the light on your rear view mirror flashes. this is the standard way to program the homelink.

Chamberlain however has a security meausre so you will then have someone else go to the opener with the door up and push in the purple "LEARN" button. this should be located on the left side if you are looking into the garage.

once they hit this hit your homelink button you programmed twice and this should cause the garage to close. once you have done this it should work.

this should cover it, however if it still does not work let me know and I will re-check my manuals and reprogram my own garage door to make sure I explained it right.

hope this helps.

peace
Old 01-31-08, 09:58 PM
lexXxus13
Driver

ps I totally meant the purple "Learn" button is on the RIGHT side if you are looking into the garage, guess im more exhausted then I though, I cant remember left and right. well enjoy and I hope it works!

ps not only does your garage door close but whenever something new is programmed on a chamberlain the lights will flash twice or if you dont have lights then you will hear a click, meaning this was programmed successfully.
Old 02-01-08, 12:18 AM
likwid8
Pole Position

With my garage door, there is a button on the actual unit, you hit it and you have 30 seconds to program a remote or homelink to it. Hit the button and then hold down the homelink until the light starts to blink.
Old 02-01-08, 12:34 AM
IS-MIKE
Driver

For the first time setup, the Lexus manual instructions omits the first step which tells you to do a reset of homelink. Some people didn't have to do this for some reason, but it was necessary before I could get my rolling code Chamberlain added. Maybe the dealer or factory was doing the reset for some people before delivery.

Here's the link with the correct instructions:
http://www.homelink.com/training/train.taf
Old 02-01-08, 02:57 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts

I have a rolling code entry gate and garage..

Both work perfectly with the Homelink..
- when you slowly folllow the step-by-step instructions in the owners manual.

In a nut shell, first you program the clicker to your home link, then you hit the learn button on the garage opener unit and then press the homelink button in the car that you just programmed to the clicker...

Takes under a NY minute...

Jz
Old 02-01-08, 03:19 AM
WhatYaGot
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

After many tries it finally worked
Old 02-01-08, 04:43 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by inrainbows
I've tried every method in the manual and can't for the life of me get my Homelink working with my Chamberlain garage door opener. It uses a rolling code. Have you had luck? Any tricks? Please advise. Thanks!
Put a fresh battery in your Chamberlain remote, and try it again.
Old 02-01-08, 06:33 AM
ReLexin
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had a problem setting my moms 08 Highlander homelink system, it was a breeze in my IS though. Once i figured out what to do it was easy to program the Highlander.
Old 02-01-08, 06:57 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lexXxus13

here is what you do.

hit the remote and the homelink button at the same time till the light on your rear view mirror flashes. this is the standard way to program the homelink.

Chamberlain however has a security meausre so you will then have someone else go to the opener with the door up and push in the purple "LEARN" button. this should be located on the left side if you are looking into the garage.

once they hit this hit your homelink button you programmed twice and this should cause the garage to close. once you have done this it should work.

this should cover it, however if it still does not work let me know and I will re-check my manuals and reprogram my own garage door to make sure I explained it right.

hope this helps.

peace

This is exactly what I did, and it works like a charm!!!
Old 02-01-08, 09:52 AM
nn432100
Lead Lap

Still trying to get mine to work. We also tried getting my dads 07 Cts to work but nothing. Im sure we were doing something wrong but he just uses the remote. But im determined to get it to work, ill try in the SUMMER though.
Old 02-01-08, 10:23 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by nn432100
Still trying to get mine to work. We also tried getting my dads 07 Cts to work but nothing. Im sure we were doing something wrong but he just uses the remote. But im determined to get it to work, ill try in the SUMMER though.
Drove me crazy trying to get it programed until I put a new battery for the remote. Then--I followed the instructions in the manual, and it worked perfect.
Old 02-01-08, 10:33 AM
inrainbows
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lexXxus13

here is what you do.

hope this helps.

peace
YESSSSSS!!!!!

This works! Thanks so much!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Working Homelink with rolling code?