IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

It's a magnet

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-07, 12:45 PM
CarlitosPR
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

Im not alone thank you god! People really should start apreciate others property. last week i almost have to fight a drunk a** hole who manages to put a beer can in my cars trunk and have the courage to ask me for his money back cause i put it in a trash can. thanks to my friend who manages to calm me down it didnt escalate into somethig bad. For my luck at least he didnt scratch it!
Old 08-07-07, 02:38 PM
kindred6ul
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I came out of my local barber shop here in Jersey City and noticed some effin ***** sitting on my passenger side door. I start screaming at him "GET THE EFF OFF MY CAR" he just looks at me and then finally gets off when i get to his face. He goes "what im not doing anything wrong" Seriously when is it ever cool to sit on a car? I don't even do that to beaters let alone a 40k lexus. What makes people think that we buy these things because we are stupid and don't give a shi7?
Old 08-07-07, 02:42 PM
davidbenji
Pole Position

I always park next to islands and or curbing if I go to a parking lot, if that isnt available I search for the widest spots I can...and or park next to cars that look like they are pretty well taken care of. At work I always park next to the pillars in the structure and or next to people i know.

I wouldnt take up 2 spots beacuse its arrogant, and it makes the driver look like a dofus that cant manage to fit his car in one spot.
Old 08-07-07, 04:58 PM
dspIS250
Pole Position

yeah, there are certain makes of cars i WILL not park next to. even if i'm in my civic hatch, i park away from all the careless people in hoopties b/c my 93 civic is cleaner than most people's 2000 and up year model cars.
Old 08-07-07, 05:31 PM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

omg tho i know i park way the f away from people a good ten min walk out in the mall parking lot with no cars around me and then some piece of crap minivan and civic comes and park next to me god....and there were soo many closer spots to the mall and once i watch some old guy open his dooor into my door i got out and asked him why he parked next to me when there were soo many spots open and this one is way far and he said i dont know...goddd i swear they love to park next to nice cars cuz thats the only way they get attentions
Old 08-07-07, 05:50 PM
dspIS250
Pole Position

^^^ i really hope i never see anyone open their door into mine b/c i will be going to jail after that, not joking. it's not the same if a 2 year old kid does it because they aren't that experienced but when a grown adult who has opened a car door countless times does it it's a different story.
Old 08-07-07, 06:21 PM
CarlitosPR
Pole Position

Talking

My nephew bang my suv door to a hyunday tiburon and i just waited like half hour for the owner to pay for the damages. the guy was so surprise cause i wait and was responsible that he told me not to pay cause he was a bodyshop owner in a clients car that anyway was going to be paint the whole thing. anyway i offer again and he just said that boys dont know any better but the example i gave to my nephew was the rigth one. So once again good action always pays back.
Old 08-07-07, 06:45 PM
IS250 4 Me
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Drunkebuda
omg tho i know i park way the f away from people a good ten min walk out in the mall parking lot with no cars around me and then some piece of crap minivan and civic comes and park next to me god....and there were soo many closer spots to the mall and once i watch some old guy open his dooor into my door i got out and asked him why he parked next to me when there were soo many spots open and this one is way far and he said i dont know...goddd i swear they love to park next to nice cars cuz thats the only way they get attentions
At the Houston Galleria, they have lots of free parking. However, the OCD guy that I am, I use the pay parking lot because it has lots of empty spaces. The pay lot also isn't covered, so one time, I got caught in the rain because I parked far, far away. However, it is worth it to avoid door dings (my pet peeve).
Old 08-07-07, 06:58 PM
JDKane527
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At the gym, I've gotten 3 scratches, and I park at the far corner, where only security parks their vehicles. I usually park next to this modded G35 or a Bimmer 3. Once when I came back to my car, a Ford pick up pulled in next to me, and I see a scratch on front of my sideview mirror running up the side. There were a ton of spots around and he had to pick that one. Another must've been from an old person or someone ignorant. The paint chipped and there is a dent. It looks like they couldn't open their door all the way, so they had to push even harder, to make it even worse. Third was just a small scratch in comparison to these two, but it's ridiculous.

At the mall though, parking isn't too bad since it's never full. I parked at the far end, by the street, so a ways away, and as soon as I turn my engine off, a DB9 parks 2 spots away, trying to get away from people too. haha

Last edited by JDKane527; 08-07-07 at 07:05 PM.
Old 08-07-07, 08:10 PM
sinister2c
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 139 Posts

i got my first ding two weeks after i got my car. got that fixed by dent wizard. my second ding came from freaking lexus when my car was left there for the brake tsib. I was pissed...and it was on the rear 1/4 panel by the wheel well so the dent guy could only get it out 90%.

no matter what you do...someone will find a way to ding you.
Old 08-07-07, 09:22 PM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

I hate when that happens. especially in an empty parking lot. like wtf your car gonna feel lonely or something jeez....

ohh you should never take two spots. never know what some crazy *** people would do
Old 08-07-07, 09:35 PM
IRCRomeo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sjgIS350
Read the comments...overall folks don't appreciate it...regardless of if its far away or not...some people (not me...I just laugh at the arrogance) will do damage to cars that take up multiple spots

http://flickr.com/photos/ycantpark/25750900/
What's wrong with that picture? The car on the left side parked way too close to the right egde of the spot. I would never park there normally either.
Old 08-08-07, 02:51 AM
IS250 4 Me
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kindred6ul
I came out of my local barber shop here in Jersey City and noticed some effin ***** sitting on my passenger side door. I start screaming at him "GET THE EFF OFF MY CAR" he just looks at me and then finally gets off when i get to his face. He goes "what im not doing anything wrong" Seriously when is it ever cool to sit on a car? I don't even do that to beaters let alone a 40k lexus. What makes people think that we buy these things because we are stupid and don't give a shi7?
LOL!! Its Jersey City dude. Not known for the friendliest people in the world. I used to live there and couldn't wait to get out. I'm not sure I'd buy a Lexus if I lived anywhere near NYC. Its Gotham City, and is too overcrowded to push such a nice car. You're bound to have some a-hole scratch, dent, or sit on your car every single day in that area of the country.

Last edited by IS250 4 Me; 08-08-07 at 02:59 AM.
Old 08-08-07, 07:19 AM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by IRCRomeo
What's wrong with that picture? The car on the left side parked way too close to the right egde of the spot. I would never park there normally either.
Please tell me that was meant to be a joke...
Old 08-08-07, 12:51 PM
kindred6ul
Driver

Originally Posted by IS250 4 Me
LOL!! Its Jersey City dude. Not known for the friendliest people in the world. I used to live there and couldn't wait to get out. I'm not sure I'd buy a Lexus if I lived anywhere near NYC. Its Gotham City, and is too overcrowded to push such a nice car. You're bound to have some a-hole scratch, dent, or sit on your car every single day in that area of the country.
hahahahah Damn you are soo soo right. I lived out in OC California for a little bit and i never realized how ghetto and insane the NY/JC area is till i got away. Dude one of my best friends moved out to Houston as well. There's a growing trend that anyone from this area has or wants to get the eff out ASAP. Im moving back to Cali just to make sure my baby doesn't get jacked. =)