IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Negative Group Buy Experience

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-07, 04:30 PM
Shoyuu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ULTiMaX99
i found it more effective to speak to him in person rather than sending emails/pms and leaving voice messages.
The problem with calling and leaving a voice mail is that it can be misinterpreted or "forgotten". If my conversations with the salesperson wasn't well documented via email, then I would have a harder time calling customer service to try to summarize events that happened months back.

Sorry you had a negative experience with the group buy. Hopefully you can get this resolved.
Old 07-12-07, 05:18 PM
WhatYaGot
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

You still can have your credit card company do a charge back. I had a customer do it to me 6+ months after the purchase.
Old 07-12-07, 05:23 PM
jkaram7
Rookie

You probably aren't going to get a response from a moderator or administrator OP, considering the 2IS forum is sponsored by Carson.
Old 07-12-07, 05:27 PM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I appreciate everyone's reply. As someone mentioned earlier, the fact that it was delivered late didn't bother me that much. As I said in the original post, 'Stuff happens.' If I had received the grill undamaged, I would have been happy.

The packaging was substandard. However, they were willing to make it right and I just want them to follow through with their promise, nothing more, nothing less.

Again, I would still be waiting patiently if I would have gotten a 'I'll look into it.' It's the fact that the reply button couldn't be clicked and those 4 words couldn't be typed that bothers me.

As someone also mentioned, the fact that I have the e-mail records, will help if I do contact the BBB. It's a lot better than 'I think I called them sometime during the 1st and 2nd week of...' 'and they promised me...' If worse came to worse, it would be their word against mine.

I'll update this thread if/when I hear from them or if I decide to pursue some other remedy.
Old 07-12-07, 05:32 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

I bought a spoiler from them once, it came without the template or mounting hardware (nuts that screw onto the bolts) I sent them an email asking if they can sent me the hardware and template and got no responce. Luckily my dealer was doing a spoiler install on another 2IS at the same time and was able to use that template for the holes and I guess they had some spare nuts laying around with matching threads... That was my first and it will be my last purchase from them.
Old 07-12-07, 05:33 PM
al503
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jkaram7
You probably aren't going to get a response from a moderator or administrator OP, considering the 2IS forum is sponsored by Carson.
The only thing I want from the admin/mods is for them to refrain from closing or deleting this thread without providing a good basis for that decision.

I'm not asking anyone for anything. I'm hoping that this will get the Vendor's attention so they will keep their promise as my other attempts seem to be ignored.
Old 07-12-07, 06:11 PM
golfproatl
Pole Position

They can forget about me every being a customer. That is really weak customer service. To busy my ***..
Old 07-12-07, 06:28 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Our duty as forum moderators is to facilitate discussion and enforce the Club Lexus rules. We're not here to 'censor' the topics of discussion. The only reason a thread would be 'closed or deleted' would be if it broke any of the posted Club Lexus rules that we all agreed to when we signed up. Up to this point, nothing about this thread breaks any of the rules, so it has remained open. If something violates the Club Lexus rules, we take action, simple as that. al503 has been very mature about the way he's stated his complaint, and that's very much appreciated. We could all learn from his approach in expressing his complaint...

Javier
Old 07-12-07, 06:31 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,120 Likes on 1,293 Posts

Originally Posted by CHAPIN33
where are the moderators adivces when we need them?
They type of action we typically take on threads like these is behind the scenes. I've alerted both of our forum representatives of the vendor to the issue (just now, sorry our moderator team are ALL volunteers and we're not on 24x7... got to eat, work, family, etc).

I will tell you that I received a PM from Luis (Carson Lex) this morning and he had a catastrophic failure of his work PC on Wednesday and their tech guys could recover nothing from his system including his entire inbox of email. I know that does nothing for the prior issues you've had but these things do happen from time to time. I've been buying from Carson for over seven years and most always have been pleased and received great service. The times I haven't they have always made it right.

al503, I would suggest you re-forward your email to Luis if you were corresponding by email.

Originally Posted by jkaram7
I am happy to report that you are wrong in this case and many others in the past with various vendors. No company does volume without incident and we try to do our best to help resolve problems on behalf of our members when they occur with our own CL sponsor vendors.

However I would like for you to please PM me and let me know who really shot JFK since you're apparently up on all the conspiracy theories .

Last edited by DaveGS4; 07-12-07 at 07:13 PM.
Old 07-12-07, 06:37 PM
EJC
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by al503
I looked at the forum guidelines and this topic is not prohibited so I would appreciate an explanation by the Admin/Moderators before any action is taken to delete or close this topic.

I went in on the group buy with Carson-Lex for the 2IS grill a few months back. Here's what has happened:

1. Grill was ordered.
2. Grill arrives over a month late and broken. (Not a problem. Stuff happens)
3. Contact Vendor and ask for a replacement or refund.
4. No response
5. Contact Vendor again
6. Receive response that he has been very busy and sorry for the delay but that UPS will pick up the following Mon or Tues.
7. I have someone stay at home to make sure that it gets picked up
8. Monday: no p/u. Tuesday: no p/u. Wednesday: no p/u.
9. Contact Vendor again
10. Vendor says they will 're-schedule' a p/u for the following Monday.
11. Grill is actually picked up.
12. Grill is delivered to vendor on 6/26 via ups tracking confirmation
13. Contact Vendor on 7/05 and ask for status on refund.
14. No response
15. Contact Vendor again 7/10 and reiterate request for a status on refund
16. No response as of today 7/12.

All correspondence is saved in my e-mail log.

I wanted to keep this between me and the vendor but my patience is gone.

I would settle for anything like: 'Been too busy, but I'm on it.' I guess I just don't appreciate being ignored.

Again, this type of post is not prohibited by the guidelines:
I would call the Credit Card company anyway and discuss the situation with them. True, it has been over 2 months but you thought they were taking care of things rather than stringing you along.

I had a similar situation last summer with a replacement door for one of those temporary garages (temporary? hell it's been up for 20 years). The company could not get it right, and after I sent them my door to measure for the replacement they lost that. This lasted well over the 2 months usually allowed. The CC company still put the amount in dispute and I finally got my door that fit.
Old 07-12-07, 07:12 PM
Carson-Lex
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry for not responding sooner Al, but I'm at home right now and just saw the post. I sent you a pm, and just wanted to make sure you saw it. If it's ok with you I will give you a call tommorrow when I get in, since I dont have access to my orders from this computer.
Old 07-12-07, 10:03 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by javyLSU
Our duty as forum moderators is to facilitate discussion and enforce the Club Lexus rules. We're not here to 'censor' the topics of discussion. The only reason a thread would be 'closed or deleted' would be if it broke any of the posted Club Lexus rules that we all agreed to when we signed up. Up to this point, nothing about this thread breaks any of the rules, so it has remained open. If something violates the Club Lexus rules, we take action, simple as that. al503 has been very mature about the way he's stated his complaint, and that's very much appreciated. We could all learn from his approach in expressing his complaint...

Javier
Not always true. If the discussion is in regards to a Sponsor the whole "censor/enforcement" rules change. I've experienced this first hand with some of my opinions regarding a certain sponsor on here.

I also do realize that there is a need for moderators and yes you guys work for free. So keep up the good work!
Old 07-12-07, 10:22 PM
al503
Lexus Champion

First of all, I'd like to thank the Admin/Mods for not shutting this down. I know I put them in an awkward position. I sincerely appreciate the fact that the forum guidelines are more than just words on a piece of paper. So a big for the crew.

I did receive an e-mail from Carson-lex with a promise that this would be taken care of tomorrow.

Y'all will be the first to know if it doesn't.
Old 07-12-07, 10:53 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,120 Likes on 1,293 Posts

Originally Posted by combfilter
Not always true. If the discussion is in regards to a Sponsor the whole "censor/enforcement" rules change. I've experienced this first hand with some of my opinions regarding a certain sponsor on here.
Not a fair statement, as that situation was a vendor you had not purchased from. In addition to complaining rudely about the vendor, you posted in the particular vendor's group buy sale thread (in the vendor marketplace forum) an offer to direct folks to another vendor selling the same product.

Your actions were neither fair nor polite, and the 'censor/enforcement' was entirely appropriate. If you want to continue to discuss the issue PM me rather than drag it out in the forums please. Otherwise I'll consider it water under the bridge and ask you to do the same.

Originally Posted by combfilter
I also do realize that there is a need for moderators and yes you guys work for free. So keep up the good work!
Appreciate that, thank you.
Old 07-14-07, 09:06 AM
nabisco
Lead Lap

I have had similar experiences with this vendor. BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Quick Reply: Negative Group Buy Experience