Bluetooth pairing keeps getting disconnected

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-07, 08:40 AM
jewel
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth pairing keeps getting disconnected

I'm using a Nokia 8801 with Tmobile.

I pair the phone to the car, no problem. The phone works great for a week, but randomly, when I make calls from the car, the bluetooth between the car and phone will disconnect. The call will still go through with it being routed to the phone instead of the car. I try to hit the connect on the screen, but it will connect for 1 second, and then immediately disconnet with the "check your phone" message. In order to get everything working again, I have to delete the pairing on the nav, delete the pairing on the phone, turn off the BT on the phone, and then redo the pairing again.

Pain in the *** when you have to do it every single week.

Any idea what is going on here?
Old 01-17-07, 09:22 AM
viettho
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that never happen to me. One way to find out is use different phone to test if bluetooth on your phone is defective or bluetooth on your car!
Old 01-17-07, 09:27 AM
jewel
Lead Lap

It has happened on mutliple 8801 phones (i've had to change my phone a couple of times)
Old 01-17-07, 09:30 AM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

have you checked the bluetooth battery life bar on the top of the screen? if it's low it will disconnect and transfer the phone call to your phone
Old 01-17-07, 09:34 AM
jerbil
Driver School Candidate

i had something like that go on last week with my samsung d520... it worked fine after i turned off my fone for a few mins and turned it back on..

-siao
Old 01-17-07, 09:38 AM
jc957
Rookie

Originally Posted by jewel
I'm using a Nokia 8801 with Tmobile.

I pair the phone to the car, no problem. The phone works great for a week, but randomly, when I make calls from the car, the bluetooth between the car and phone will disconnect. The call will still go through with it being routed to the phone instead of the car. I try to hit the connect on the screen, but it will connect for 1 second, and then immediately disconnet with the "check your phone" message. In order to get everything working again, I have to delete the pairing on the nav, delete the pairing on the phone, turn off the BT on the phone, and then redo the pairing again.

Pain in the *** when you have to do it every single week.

Any idea what is going on here?
Did you just have a satellite radio installed? I've been going through similar problems and found from viastech the sat receiver is causing the problem due to them just finding out that it needs to have metal to metal contact to ground the unit.
Old 01-17-07, 09:59 AM
Kepeli
Pole Position

What firmware version do you have? I think the latest is 4.0 and 3.78 fixed a lot of bugs. You might need an update.
Old 01-17-07, 01:50 PM
jewel
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Batmobile
have you checked the bluetooth battery life bar on the top of the screen? if it's low it will disconnect and transfer the phone call to your phone

how does one recharge the bluetooth battery life bar?
Old 01-17-07, 03:00 PM
2SwiFt29
Lexus Test Driver

it's not more of the battery bluetooth, but more of your phone being charged... i have the Q and it has never disconnected, but i think if your phone has less battery life, the less your bluetooth signal will be...
Old 01-17-07, 03:28 PM
jewel
Lead Lap

that makes sense... i guess i gotta keep the phone hooked up to the car charger.
Old 01-18-07, 07:36 AM
jc957
Rookie

Originally Posted by Kepeli
What firmware version do you have? I think the latest is 4.0 and 3.78 fixed a lot of bugs. You might need an update.
I assume you were asking me about the firmware. Yeah...I actually sent the whole thing back to vaistech thinking it may have been a wire harness problem and told them what was happening. Firmware was all up to date and when they sent it back...it did the same thing. Tech support told me they have been having a bunch of the same problems including with car dealers they sold to. They were able to isolate it to the sat receiver needing to be grounded..once done...the problem was solved.
Old 01-18-07, 11:14 AM
livinitup7
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jc957
I assume you were asking me about the firmware. Yeah...I actually sent the whole thing back to vaistech thinking it may have been a wire harness problem and told them what was happening. Firmware was all up to date and when they sent it back...it did the same thing. Tech support told me they have been having a bunch of the same problems including with car dealers they sold to. They were able to isolate it to the sat receiver needing to be grounded..once done...the problem was solved.
Interesting. I have an sls and have recently experienced a couple weird things. The voice on the nav system, and the bluetooth voice through the car speaker stopped working a couple times. After a while in and out of the car it would start working again. I wonder if I should ground the vaistech unit?
Old 01-18-07, 11:21 AM
mason2006
Driver School Candidate

mine jsut takes like 4 to 5 tires to connect.
Old 01-18-07, 12:16 PM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2SwiFt29
it's not more of the battery bluetooth, but more of your phone being charged... i have the Q and it has never disconnected, but i think if your phone has less battery life, the less your bluetooth signal will be...
that battery meter does not represent how much battery life you have on your phone. That meter is actually the battery meter for the bluetooth. I've had it shut off on me several times and directed my phone call to my phone since the battery was low. everynight i charge my phone and when i go to work in the morning the battery meter fluctuates depending on how much i use it the previous day/night.

i don't know how to charge it other than not connect your phone for a day and it will recharge itself
Old 01-18-07, 03:52 PM
2SwiFt29
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Batmobile
that battery meter does not represent how much battery life you have on your phone. That meter is actually the battery meter for the bluetooth. I've had it shut off on me several times and directed my phone call to my phone since the battery was low. everynight i charge my phone and when i go to work in the morning the battery meter fluctuates depending on how much i use it the previous day/night.

i don't know how to charge it other than not connect your phone for a day and it will recharge itself
if you leave your bluetooth on, your battery life will decrease compared to having the bluetooth off.. it's kind of confusing me on what you're saying because you go on to say "that meter is actually the battery meter for the bluetooth." Bluetooth does not have a battery meter. The battery meter is the life of your phone. Unless you're talking about the bluetooth signal??

Quick Reply: Bluetooth pairing keeps getting disconnected