IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Navigation Hack DIY Part One - Enable DVD, Phonebook & MP3 Folder While Moving

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-10, 09:38 AM
RedIS350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HI I recently joined ClubLexus and Recently did this mod. I have an 06 IS350 with ML. I grounded the red. It is suppose to show the parking brake ON? or am i doing something wrong? Right now It show parking break on and with warning oh display.
Old 07-22-10, 09:54 AM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by RedIS350
HI I recently joined ClubLexus and Recently did this mod. I have an 06 IS350 with ML. I grounded the red. It is suppose to show the parking brake ON? or am i doing something wrong? Right now It show parking break on and with warning oh display.
it not suppose to show on, it'll act like you never done to the car, did you ground the red wire from the unit? or you grounded the car wireloom side? you suppose to wire the red wire from the unit to one of the bolt on the unit itself, hope this help, and goodluck.
Old 07-22-10, 08:47 PM
RedIS350
Driver School Candidate

I got this from your earlier post..

I finally got it I was a little confuse which red wire to cut, I end up cut the RED wire from the same harness of the PINK wire was cut, and ground it to the side of the radio unit, and it work i will give thanks and credit to everyone was done successfully installed. I spend more time on which wires need to be cut correctly than take everything apart, it took me 10 minutes to take vent out which people have had hard time to take it off. it easy to full the whole vent unit off then just the trim. Iam so happy now..

I grounded the red wire instead of cutting and ground.. I slice and ground. I guess that's why it give the warning up. So I am not suppose to tap but cut and cap off the end and ground the other end?
Old 07-23-10, 08:18 AM
mbonilla86
Rookie

will this work for the is250 2010 model?? Thanks!!
Old 07-31-10, 09:39 PM
amerquresh
Driver School Candidate

Now I can drive while accessing all my audio files. The nav hack was even easier than installing the Vaistech unit - had to drill some holes to feed the data & USB cables through and come up with a nice clean finish.

Many thanks to tim817 for the clear directions & pictures for the nav hack, and to Eugene at Vaistech - great support after product purchase!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-s...en-moving.html

info@vaistech.com
Old 08-02-10, 01:30 PM
ISCjonny
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

anyone know if this works on 2010 ML/with HD Nav?
Old 08-16-10, 12:33 PM
heybmcgill
Driver School Candidate

I just got an 06 IS350 with ML and am studying up to do the DVD hack. In the pictures posted on the 1st page of the thread it says connect the pink (wireloom side) and white (wireloom side) wires. So just to confirm, the pink and white wires that are cut from the wiring harness on the unit(s) are simply capped off and not connected to anything?
Curious why the pink and white wireloom side wires need to be joined?

Thanks everyone!
Old 08-17-10, 12:40 PM
heybmcgill
Driver School Candidate

Default DVD hack done!

Originally Posted by heybmcgill
I just got an 06 IS350 with ML and am studying up to do the DVD hack. In the pictures posted on the 1st page of the thread it says connect the pink (wireloom side) and white (wireloom side) wires. So just to confirm, the pink and white wires that are cut from the wiring harness on the unit(s) are simply capped off and not connected to anything?
Curious why the pink and white wireloom side wires need to be joined?

Thanks everyone!

So I got a bit impatient and figured I would at least open up the dash and look back there. I bought a 90 degree pick and it came with a hook pick as well for taking out the vents. Great recommendation! The hook pick bonus buy actually worked VERY well. No issues at all.

I was a little scared slicing into the wireloom and trying not to cut any wires, but slow and steady is the way.. while removing tape/wireloom as you go.

Doing this at night without natural lighting, be especially more cautious cutting the white (with silver stripes) wire from the P1 connector. There is a light grey with silver stripes wire that looks JUST like it I actually took about 5 minutes total and two different LED flashlights to confirm I had the right wire. Close eyes for 10 seconds and then open a few times works well.

Anyhow, the rest of the job was a breeze. My girlfriend came home and saw the new car all taken apart and just shook her head. 15 minutes later I took her for a ride though and she was impressed that there was no trace of me dismantling the car AND the new feature is very cool to her.
Old 08-17-10, 12:59 PM
xerxes717
Driver

Originally Posted by heybmcgill
So I got a bit impatient and figured I would at least open up the dash and look back there. I bought a 90 degree pick and it came with a hook pick as well for taking out the vents. Great recommendation! The hook pick bonus buy actually worked VERY well. No issues at all.

I was a little scared slicing into the wireloom and trying not to cut any wires, but slow and steady is the way.. while removing tape/wireloom as you go.

Doing this at night without natural lighting, be especially more cautious cutting the white (with silver stripes) wire from the P1 connector. There is a light grey with silver stripes wire that looks JUST like it I actually took about 5 minutes total and two different LED flashlights to confirm I had the right wire. Close eyes for 10 seconds and then open a few times works well.

Anyhow, the rest of the job was a breeze. My girlfriend came home and saw the new car all taken apart and just shook her head. 15 minutes later I took her for a ride though and she was impressed that there was no trace of me dismantling the car AND the new feature is very cool to her.
Great job!
And welcome to CL!
Old 09-01-10, 06:58 PM
ApokC
Lexus Test Driver

I currently have all the pieces apart and am looking at the wiring behind the navigation

You mention a white (silver) and pink wire, where-as the other one talks about cuttign a purple and stuff.

I have an '06 IS350 w/ Mark Levinson DVD Player.

Which wires do I cut haha
Old 09-01-10, 08:55 PM
ApokC
Lexus Test Driver

JK! I found the pink wire hidden, did everything, grounded the wrong end of the red at first, then figured it out. But BAM!

My car is working beautifully, the DVD player works at all times now

And not a scratch on my car.

Took about an hour thirty due to it being dark and I needed help getting crimpers.

Thanks!
Old 09-01-10, 09:31 PM
mbonilla86
Rookie

does anyone knows if this would work on the 2010 IS250 with bluetooth??
Old 09-02-10, 12:36 AM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 117 Likes on 44 Posts

anyone ever figure out if it works with 2009 IS 350 ?
Old 09-02-10, 02:40 AM
ApokC
Lexus Test Driver

If you have any model IS350, when you take the navigation out, just look at the wire configuration and see if they are the correct colors, if not, then there is another link on PAGE 2, that has a different color configuration, that might be for the 09+ models.

This worked fine for my 06 model, and Im sure it's the same for 07 and 08
Old 09-02-10, 10:20 AM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by JoshIS408
anyone ever figure out if it works with 2009 IS 350 ?
I don't see why it wouldn't Josh, the '09's still have the old 5th Generation nav like in all the 2IS's before it. The '10+ model with the HDD nav is a different story though.

Quick Reply: Navigation Hack DIY Part One - Enable DVD, Phonebook & MP3 Folder While Moving