IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

child seats in the IS....

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-05, 11:10 AM
skynite
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default child seats in the IS....

Can someone please post some pics of carseats in the IS? Someone has some kids...Anyone with kids on this forum, if you own a IS, can you please take some pictures? I promise we won't laugh at your kids... just kidding. I remember back a week someone was supposed to take some pictures of two carseats in the back of his IS... whatever happened to him?
Old 11-09-05, 11:29 AM
LDYNRED
Driver

Originally Posted by skynite
Can someone please post some pics of carseats in the IS? Someone has some kids...Anyone with kids on this forum, if you own a IS, can you please take some pictures? I promise we won't laugh at your kids... just kidding. I remember back a week someone was supposed to take some pictures of two carseats in the back of his IS... whatever happened to him?
Were you looking for fit for rear-facing or booster type seats? I can take some pics, but the seats in my IS are booster type seats which reposition the seatbelt so it doesn't choke the kids (I can do that myself
Old 11-09-05, 02:09 PM
skynite
Rookie

Can you take pictures of a forward facing seat in the middle or either side of the back? I wanted to see if you can fit two adults and a car seat in the back. By the way how tall are you LDYNRED? I am 6'3", I just wanted to compare the amount of space you have in the back versus me. I appreciate you taking these pictures... I'm sure many will be interested to see them.
Old 11-09-05, 02:47 PM
LDYNRED
Driver

Can you take pictures of a forward facing seat in the middle or either side of the back? I wanted to see if you can fit two adults and a car seat in the back. By the way how tall are you LDYNRED? I am 6'3", I just wanted to compare the amount of space you have in the back versus me. I appreciate you taking these pictures... I'm sure many will be interested to see them.
Can already tell you that it's almost impossible to fit 2 adults AND a car seat in back. I'm only 5'3", and can barely fit between the two seats in my hubby's GS4. Will post pics as soon as I can so you can compare.
Old 11-09-05, 04:45 PM
skynite
Rookie

Originally Posted by LDYNRED
Can already tell you that it's almost impossible to fit 2 adults AND a car seat in back. I'm only 5'3", and can barely fit between the two seats in my hubby's GS4. Will post pics as soon as I can so you can compare.

I appreciate it,,, thanks
Old 11-09-05, 04:48 PM
skynite
Rookie

I appreciate it,,, thanks. By the way, what position do you think would be the optimum for a car seat? Middle or behind the passenger?
Old 11-12-05, 08:43 AM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Car seats

I had an IS on test drive for the weekend, last week and had my two kids' carseats in (1 toddler, 1 full back booster) I didn't think to take pics, but I will try to get the car back for another weekend drive, and will take/post pics.
Old 11-12-05, 09:33 AM
Toyota_F1
Pole Position

Everyone with an interest in child seats in the new IS it wouldn't hurt to look on

www.lexus.co.uk

and look at the accessories section, then interior accessories... they have pics of various carseats they sell as options through Lexus UK evidently but they appear to fit... of course it's a little tough to see how far the front seats are moved forward in those shots.... but it's the only "car seat in a new IS" pic I've seen so far.
Old 11-12-05, 11:08 AM
skynite
Rookie

Originally Posted by Toyota_F1
Everyone with an interest in child seats in the new IS it wouldn't hurt to look on

www.lexus.co.uk

and look at the accessories section, then interior accessories... they have pics of various carseats they sell as options through Lexus UK evidently but they appear to fit... of course it's a little tough to see how far the front seats are moved forward in those shots.... but it's the only "car seat in a new IS" pic I've seen so far.

thanks for the link.... but you're right, can't see the front seat at all....
Does anyone know what brand those carseats are?

Did anyone notice the headrest monitors? Are they available here?
Old 11-12-05, 11:10 AM
Toyota_F1
Pole Position

I saw those monitors too... pretty snazzy... If they have Toyota/Lexus part numbers we should be able to order them... hmmm... perhaps it's time to make some overseas calls....
Old 11-12-05, 03:52 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Dealer accessories in Europe are a lot more expensive than in the US. A lot more. I am not sure of exact price, but DVD entertainment system for Toyota/Lexus in Europe will cost anywhere from 3k to 6k.

As to the car seats, I dont see why couldnt they fit? I mean my bro's wife has Yaris (smaller than xA) and kids seat fits right in without any problems (seat is up to 3 yr olds). Why would be different for IS? It is not THAT small.
Old 11-15-05, 03:33 PM
LDYNRED
Driver

I appreciate it,,, thanks. By the way, what position do you think would be the optimum for a car seat? Middle or behind the passenger?
The optimum position is in the middle, but alot of seats don't fit there. Finally got around to taking some pics. Both of these are booster seats, and the kids end up kicking the back of the seats since their legs are just hanging there.

Hope this helps!
Old 11-15-05, 04:08 PM
skynite
Rookie

The optimum position is in the middle, but alot of seats don't fit there. Finally got around to taking some pics. Both of these are booster seats, and the kids end up kicking the back of the seats since their legs are just hanging there.

Hope this helps!
My carseat for some are huge (Combi, which I hear is now recalled)... I need to get new ones anyways. Thanks for the photos. I think I can make it work, I love the IS too much not to try it.

thanks again.
Old 11-16-05, 08:24 AM
umpalumpa
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Here is my Britax seat...go to link...

http://home.socal.rr.com/theshaft/IS350.htm
Old 11-16-05, 11:31 AM
mkaresh
Rookie

The booster seat pictured is a version of the Graco Turbobooster, which is significantly narrower than any other car seat I'm aware of. I know because I bought two of these to enable three seats across in the Ford Contour I used to own. Other seats would not fit.

A seat in the middle is safer, and should make it easier to also fit two adults.