IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

My IS Story: Day 1

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-13, 09:07 PM
jawnthen
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a crazy fantastic story. Congrats on everything. I considered myself lucky to have gotten to drive the car from nor cal to Vegas to LA. That in itself was a crazy story since the supercharger wasn't quite tuned yet. What a journey it's been cuz now the car takes trips to Vegas in a Toyota trailer. I'm really glad this car got its turn in the spotlight without having to share it with the GS
Old 11-10-13, 08:10 AM
chaskim
Pole Position

Default Indgogrl

Your Car is EPIC and has such a great home and back story.

SO happy for you both, I wish I could have been there, stupid work LOL

Thanks for all the photos, it was like being there
Old 11-11-13, 01:21 PM
LexFather

It was a pleasure meeting you and of course chatting with Glenn and your IS is amazing and I am grateful I got a chance to see it in person. Its great for Lexus to recognize its true leaders, enthusiasts and of course actual owners.

I'm still reading this thread, what an amazing read!

-mike-
Old 11-13-13, 06:50 PM
INDGOGRL
Pole Position

Thanks so much all !

It's very nice to realize how many long time friends I've made from this build. Most don't post on this forum anymore, so thanks to the old friends who did so, and for all the comments and LIKES on Facebook .

The car arrived back home from the shipper yesterday. I will be keeping the wrap on the car for a while, knowing that I can go back to my Indigo Ink Pearl one day.
Old 11-23-13, 03:40 PM
ISaL3X
Rookie

This build is insane!!! Great work you guys! Just wow... Came across this because I can't figure out how to do the radio LEDs and/or which ones I need. Ordered bulbs for center console and gauges, just waiting doing more research lol

Truly amazing build... went through the whole thing. Curious what you guys got next!
Old 01-13-14, 11:49 PM
konaboi808
Pole Position

Any new updates.
Old 02-05-14, 04:22 PM
AnthonyXJ
Driver School Candidate

I just read every one of the 42 pages of this thread and wow. This build is something else. You can just tell that there was a substantial amount of time put into this car and I love that! As I was reading I was afraid I would come across a post saying you were going to sell that car! All of this has gave me inspiration of this for my IS300. Originally I just got it for a car that could be used for college, but after driving it for 6 months it has became more than that. I really want to start a build on it but between being a college student and fixing minor things on it, it keeps getting pushed back.. I have however put a set of nice 17 inch rims on it, but only because I cracked a rim one day and that same day found out my spare was cracked as well. Its a shame that there isn't the same community as when the car first came out. Now a lot of the owners and young teens whose intent for the car is to rice it out with cheap cosmetic upgrades, rather than actually building something that they can take pride in. Most of the posts on forums are just questions about repairs rather than new ideas for their cars. I'm currently looking for a nice paying job right now so I can start up a similar build on mine. I want to be able to go around to local car shows and have people say "Damn, that's a really nice car that's 10+ years old". All in all, very nice build that has been done that right way, cutting no corners whatsoever.
Old 03-06-14, 02:17 AM
bigguppy
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Read through this entire thread again and I still stared at the picture looking for the" big secret" like it was my first time. Best part is now I have cable and not my net zero 56k.

It's nice to see a old member still playing with a old toys.

Last edited by bigguppy; 03-06-14 at 02:22 AM.
Old 03-17-14, 06:44 PM
lexuspeed1
Driver School Candidate

I know this thread is old and what not. But can anyone point me in the direction to have the ECU box built bigger? I am wanting to do this but with stock 2jz ecu and the AEM EMS2 inside the ecu box? My problem is I am not finding much information? Do you have any dimensions or a more a diy that I could follow?
Old 04-24-14, 04:14 PM
BigJoeD
Pole Position

Wow this thread is still going. AMAZING!!
Old 10-17-14, 12:21 AM
twinzdad07
Driver School Candidate

Awesome thread and story, hard to believe this is still ongoing after 11 years, kudos to you.
Old 01-21-15, 08:09 PM
irocnroll
Driver School Candidate

Any pics of radio led swap ?
Old 01-23-15, 12:15 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks all for your recent comments. It is NOW 10 years since the build started and so it's difficult for us to keep up with this never dieing thread and be able to respond to all the questions in a timely manner. Anyone still looking for help, please do comment and I will try to help out.

Thanks again all for your support.
Old 01-23-15, 12:58 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by irocnroll
Any pics of radio led swap ?
I took detailed pics long ago, but after 10 years, several digital cams and PC s later, I could not tell you where they are.sorry
Old 12-21-15, 08:38 PM
INDGOGRL
Pole Position

Default End of my Story

Hello all,
It has been a GREAT ride over these past 12 years. I have met so many people and made so many great friends since this thread started. This car has showed in over 100 meets/shows from the old NorCal End Of Summer meets with 200+ Cars to Wekfest, Spocom, Toyotafest to my re-debut in the Lexus booth at SEMA, I have so many good memories.

That said, the time is drawing near for the Final chapter of this story.

I have decided to sell the car and it will soon be posted in the classifieds within the next few days.

This is still my baby, with over $20k in mods and ONLY 38k original miles, so I will want her to have a good home.

I can't say yet what it will be replaced with, but I know I will need to raise the bar

In the mean time I will put together some final posts here with the latest pics.

Thank you all for great memories and all the great replies! I've enjoyed the ride.
Attached Thumbnails My IS Story: Day 1-image.jpg  

Last edited by INDGOGRL; 12-21-15 at 08:50 PM.

Quick Reply: My IS Story: Day 1