IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

2jz-gte vs SRT stage 4

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-03, 07:04 PM
Wino_ii
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would go with the SRT Stage 4 kit. I agree with ISMAN, not to mention that SRT is doing some great work on his car and bob's car. I have driven in Bob's car many times and can say first hand that it is SICK!!!

Last edited by Wino_ii; 09-03-03 at 07:05 PM.
Old 09-03-03, 07:18 PM
G2FAST
Lead Lap

Question

I noticed that SRT does not have a $$$ on there stage 4, does anyone out there have the price?
Old 09-03-03, 07:29 PM
isman
Pole Position

Originally posted by ISLEXUS300
I noticed that SRT does not have a $$$ on there stage 4, does anyone out there have the price?
the price is left blank for Stage 4 due to the fact that Stage 4 is catered to the customer. It's all about how outrageous you want to get. Think of it as your own custom made Lexus beast to you taste also to your pocket/wallet.
Old 09-05-03, 08:46 AM
blownIS200
Pole Position

these turbos here.........there a tight fit....but do look better than the big single
Old 09-05-03, 02:37 PM
isman
Pole Position

Originally posted by blownIS200

these turbos here.........there a tight fit....but do look better than the big single
Very nice, what do you expect in whp from these twin HKS beauties? Also, for those who are contemplating this swap, can you give us a approximate cost $$ for this project? Thanks and hope to see some real big numbers.
Old 09-05-03, 02:39 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by isman
Very nice, what do you expect in whp from these twin HKS beauties? Also, for those who are contemplating this swap, can you give us a approximate cost $$ for this project? Thanks and hope to see some real big numbers.
I think they are shooting for the 800's if I am not mistaking.
Old 09-07-03, 10:40 AM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Well, it does have it's ups & downs. Depends on what your looking for specifically. If your looking for just ample power (approx.400-500whp?), then the GTE swap is nice. If your looking for something outrageous in the 850-1,000whp, then for the IS (and this applies only on the IS), the SRT Stage 4 will be better. As for the cost factor, the GTE swap is more (engine, clutch, flywheel, tranny, drive shaft, rear) Can't just pop in the GTE and expect rest of the stock car to work. Now, I know you guys are wondering why I said the GTE swap is good for approx. 400-500whp (maybe just a bit more) but only applies to the IS? Well, it's about space. The IS300 engine bay is tight as is, and then it gets tighter with the bigger GTE swap. Now imagine a big HKS Twin set up or a big single turbo set up? I don't think so, no space. You can do this in any other car such as SC, GS, and obviously Supra, but not the IS300. So the 400-500+whp is for a bpu++ (maybe one more +) on the stock TTs for the GTE. I know this because I've considered both options first hand. But bottom line is basically what YOU want. If peeps are happy with bpu+++ power from the GTE swap and still spend about the same amount of $$ as a SRT Stage 4 cause they want factory oem look, then that's the way to go, it's YOUR preference. Oh, you might be able to do a APU on the GTE if you modifiy the manifold and position the turbo higher and modify the hood to accomodate for the turbo, but then that wouldn't be oem looking will it . I would luv to see a GTE swap with all the TT goodies (tranny, rear, driveshaft, flywheel/clutch) that is producing some sick power like the Supra guys do on the IS300, but then again, you no longer have an IS300 but more of a Supra-IS
I have to disagree with ya on that one Charles.. IS300GTE is way past the 500 rwhp mark and has a BIG single turbo in his car.. it fits fine and has the capabilities of hittin 800 rwhp or more.. you have to also remember the GTE motor sits more towards the drivers side..so it give you a lil more room to work with fitting a larger turbo on your passenger side.
Old 09-07-03, 11:48 AM
isman
Pole Position

Originally posted by EmoDragRacer
I have to disagree with ya on that one Charles.. IS300GTE is way past the 500 rwhp mark and has a BIG single turbo in his car.. it fits fine and has the capabilities of hittin 800 rwhp or more.. you have to also remember the GTE motor sits more towards the drivers side..so it give you a lil more room to work with fitting a larger turbo on your passenger side.
Is that so Brian? Why don't IS300GTE post some dynos or pictures ? That would be some great update and reaching a new level of performance for our cars.
Old 09-07-03, 01:03 PM
blownIS200
Pole Position

i should have dyno figures within a month or 2.......

i wont have huge figures untill early next year when the stroker kit goes in,at the mo were looking for any weak points.....
Old 09-08-03, 01:28 AM
G2FAST
Lead Lap

blownIS200,
For those who are contemplating this swap, can you give us an approximate cost $$$ for this project?
Old 09-08-03, 01:07 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Is that so Brian? Why don't IS300GTE post some dynos or pictures ? That would be some great update and reaching a new level of performance for our cars.
I am sure he will soon enough...you know how some of the guys are..kinda secretive and held back..

Last edited by EmoDragRacer; 09-08-03 at 01:08 PM.
Old 09-08-03, 11:37 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

sorry charles no hard feelings but yea that is so..
Old 09-09-03, 12:17 AM
dt1313
Driver School Candidate

IS Lexus IS300.....Do me one HUGE Favor clarify if you mean just swap in a 2JZ-GTE that's STOCK or do you mean a Soup to Nuts worked GTE vs. a SRT Stage 4.....Cause if you're talking about a Stock GTE it's kinda apples and oranges that you're comparing......Cost it might not be to far off...But power wise it totally is.....

Dan
02' MSM IS300
.....TOYOMOTO Built.......
...BULLISH Racing Enhanced.....
"TOYOMOTO & BULLISH Racing.......When you care enough to only use the VERY BEST......"
Old 09-09-03, 02:46 AM
G2FAST
Lead Lap

I want to know whats the price for a stock 2jz completely installed? Then if possible when finished and final whats the bling bling amount? On the Stage 4 know one has said but I'm thinking around 15 g's, could be wrong.
Old 09-09-03, 09:24 AM
Turbo'd_Wxman
Pole Position

Originally posted by ISLEXUS300
I want to know whats the price for a stock 2jz completely installed? Then if possible when finished and final whats the bling bling amount? On the Stage 4 know one has said but I'm thinking around 15 g's, could be wrong.
Dollar for dollar, you will get much more bang for your buck if you go with the complete GTE
swap vs. the srt stage 4. Most of the heavily built IS300's (if they haven't done the swap yet) are saving up for a tt shortblock swap. There are major advantages of the tt short block, especially the oil squirters. The GTE engine has been proven to produce massive hp with reliability. PHR and MVP Motorsports have a 1208 rwhp Supra with no nitrous at all. SRT stage 4 is spraying hard I believe.

One other thing to contemplate is the traction issues you will face. Without a widebody kit or fender flares, you will not be able to go over about a 265 tire. When I boost a bar or so, I can spin my tires to near 80 mph. I shift into third and the car gets sideways at 55 mph. 500 rwhp (or so) on and IS300 is a lot more hp than you think. Are you building a track car or a streetable car?

Quick Reply: 2jz-gte vs SRT stage 4