IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Anyone have any pics of an IS300 on spinners?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-03, 09:40 PM
trapstar
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Anyone have any pics of an IS300 on spinners?

Just wondering if anyone has any pics of an IS on some 20" spinners, just curious to see how it looks.
Old 08-07-03, 11:47 PM
CrazyG02
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jesus

first u can't put 20's on an is300....Only though u do do MAJOR MAJOR Modifications to the Fender....Second...SPINNERS ARE UGLYYYYYYYY...i've seen them on an is300 in person..they were 19' inch rims with the adapter....THEY ARE UGLY on an is300....unless u got a big dawg mercedes...or a SUV ...they don't get spinners....and even if udo got a big dawg mercedes or an SUV and put the adapting spinning wheels on....I will give u no credit....If you gettin spinners....They have to be real.....

and whoeve thinks about putting them on an is300...Should just drive off a cliff
Old 08-08-03, 10:39 AM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

you can fit 20 again with some fender modding... but spinner wheels ugh...hey everyone has their own thing
Old 08-11-03, 02:45 PM
IS300_Chic
Driver

Someone around where i live has a blue is300 with spinners on it. They dont look too bad on it but wouldnt prefer it myself. Like everyone said on SUV's they look better.
Old 08-11-03, 06:00 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Anyone have any pics of an IS300 on spinners?

Originally posted by Just Cruzn
Just wondering if anyone has any pics of an IS on some 20" spinners, just curious to see how it looks.

I hope not..that could be embarrassing..
Old 08-11-03, 07:03 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts
Bleh. That's all I gotta say about the topic of this thread.
Old 08-13-03, 01:45 AM
Leo1016
Driver School Candidate

Default omg

omg, anyone wanting to put spinners on their is300 should be taken away their privilege to own a lexus..period!
Old 08-21-03, 10:33 AM
duboistay
Rookie

Angry Lighten up

How many said the same about carbon fiber hoods when they first arrived? There will be some ugly one's but hey in time it will almost be common place. I think depending on the wheels they could look nice. OPEN YOUR MINDS PEOPLE OR ELSE ALL CARS WILL LOOK THE SAME.

Hollar atcha boyee.

Last edited by duboistay; 08-21-03 at 10:36 AM.
Old 08-21-03, 11:02 AM
CrazyG02
Driver

Default Re: Lighten up

Originally posted by duboistay
How many said the same about carbon fiber hoods when they first arrived? There will be some ugly one's but hey in time it will almost be common place. I think depending on the wheels they could look nice. OPEN YOUR MINDS PEOPLE OR ELSE ALL CARS WILL LOOK THE SAME.

Hollar atcha boyee.
Mines pretty different

spinners don't belong on a car unless its a big dawg mercedes and thats only sometimes it looks good..leave spinners for truck guys..and even if a truck has spinenrs they better be real unless u don't get credit plain and simple

also c'mon man..spinners ain't nothing like carbon fiber hoods....for god sakes they have friging huybcap spinnners

and u could open your eyes in many other ways and do different things to your car..when u have have theres no limits but personal opinion no when i seen an is300 i laughed at it
Old 08-22-03, 05:29 AM
SDuquette
Lexus Test Driver

I will get my spinners the same day I have Bubb Rubb install my whistle tips
Old 08-22-03, 10:56 AM
duboistay
Rookie

Default Re: Re: Lighten up

Originally posted by CrazyG02
Mines pretty different

spinners don't belong on a car unless its a big dawg mercedes and thats only sometimes it looks good..leave spinners for truck guys..and even if a truck has spinenrs they better be real unless u don't get credit plain and simple

also c'mon man..spinners ain't nothing like carbon fiber hoods....for god sakes they have friging huybcap spinnners

and u could open your eyes in many other ways and do different things to your car..when u have have theres no limits but personal opinion no when i seen an is300 i laughed at it
Once again its about type and style. There are people who say chrome wheels don't belong on a IS either. OR "you shouldn't put an Alteeza emblem on the IS." It's just another one of our IS bretheren or sisteren who are being innovative about their ride. If it looks good and is in good taste, I say roll wit it dogg.

The difference between cf hoods is you may think they look good, I think they look good on certain cars, other than that they just make your car look two toned.[B]

THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX (you probably hated rap music too)

Last edited by duboistay; 08-22-03 at 11:14 AM.
Old 08-23-03, 12:17 AM
CrazyG02
Driver

actually i liked rap music

Heres how it goes if u like it do it....Personaly when i did actually seen spinners on an is300...all i did was laughed it looked horroble they don't belong there ENough Said.......Have you seen an is300 with spinners? i hope u don't like those high aluminum wings also

Old 08-24-03, 08:15 PM
duboistay
Rookie

Default ok

Well, to tell you the truth I don't like any wing that makes my car look like it's going to tke flight, but once again, that's just me.

I have actually seen two IS with spinners. One had the originals(or what people call Sprewells, which are really called Davini's) It looked nice the other one was straight gaaaaa baaage :gads: :egads, not only did it have spinners but the front and rear had two different kinds, once again tasteless in my opinion.

There are some nice ones though. FREE YOUR MIND. ITS OK TO BE DIFFERENT. STOP TRYING TO ASSIMILATE US.
Old 08-26-03, 01:10 PM
LexDiamond
Lead Lap

Default Re: Anyone have any pics of an IS300 on spinners?

Originally posted by Just Cruzn

No! If someone here knows or posts an IS300 on spinners I say we stone him!
Old 09-01-03, 12:23 AM
Lucky Devin
Driver

Spinners are already played out no matter what vehicle they are on, IMO. Perhaps they keep their popularity on the big SUV's like Escalades and EXT's, etc... But within 2 years they will be a thing of the past, just a fad that is quickly getting older and older.

Quick Reply: Anyone have any pics of an IS300 on spinners?