Heater Servo Motor

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-14, 10:51 AM
BigDomo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Heater Servo Motor

hey guys,
just picked up an IS 300 a few months ago and just found out that my heat doesnt work. did a radiator flush and changed the thermostat and that wasnt the problem. found out it was the servo motor. i just need to know which servo motor it would be... since i know nothing about cars thought i would ask for some help.
did some research and the servo motor is behind the glove box and i see like 2 of them.. would anyone care to help me out? just need to know which one i need to replace.
all help would be greatly appreciated...
Old 11-23-14, 10:55 AM
BigDomo
Driver School Candidate

sorry... i forgot to mention that its an 2001 IS300
Old 12-01-14, 12:52 PM
zoo
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think you need to replace/repair the blend door actuator/motor.
More info: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...me-of-you.html
Old 12-02-14, 01:42 PM
Dispin
Rookie

From what I remember there's 3 servos. I think the issue will be the air/mix one. Google "froggy servo is300" and he has some videos about how to fix it and find the one that has the issue.
Old 12-02-14, 03:23 PM
Golfsallot
Driver School Candidate

Hi I am new here. My first post. But funny enough in a not so funny way that is exactly what happened to my car. It is still in the shop but that is pretty much what the guys told me.

I have another issue it is in the shop for though. I was having issues with the battery not holding a charge. Initially I replaced the battery as it was old and past the time it should have lasted anyway and one morning I go out and it doesn't have enough power to crank the motor over. I jump it take it in get a new battery. Couple days go buy. Go to start it. Dead and I mean dead as a doornail.

I'm thinking hmm brand new battery I must have left the dome light on or something. Jump it day later dead again. I take it back to Autozone which is where I bough the battery tell them the thing won't hold a charge it must be bad. They test it and the alternator both test fine but they replace the battery anyway. Few days go by. Dead as a doornail again.

I'm thinking no way I got too bad batteries in a row. Probably have better chances of winning the lottery. I call AAA they come out jump it. test the battery and the alternator everything test fine. So a day later dead again. I mean won't even unlock the doors.

I didn't have time to take it anywhere so I bought a jump box to get me by for a couple days and it gets to the point it won't last an hour after jumping it.

I finally take it in and they spend like 2 days trying to figure out the problem. Turns out they are telling me there is a short in the stereo amplifier that is drawing like (I don't know the number) allot of amps and is just draining the battery. The two guys working on it have 30 years of Lexus experience between them and had never seen that happen. So a new amp is like $1,000.

I got on ebay and bough one used for less than $40. Waiting for it to be delivered to them and installed. My issue is it doesn't make any sense to me that the amp would be drawing power with the car off, and key removed? I wasn't willing to throw $1000-$1500 at the problem only to find out its not the problem.

Anyone got anything? Help me out?
Old 12-04-14, 09:35 AM
BigDomo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by zoo
I think you need to replace/repair the blend door actuator/motor.
More info: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...me-of-you.html
thanks for the info... ill look into it...
Old 12-04-14, 09:36 AM
BigDomo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Dispin
From what I remember there's 3 servos. I think the issue will be the air/mix one. Google "froggy servo is300" and he has some videos about how to fix it and find the one that has the issue.
i have actually watched those videos but the only thing is that he was searching for a noise not actually looking for the heating problem that i have...
but i will check on those videos again thanks for the help...
Old 12-04-14, 09:41 AM
BigDomo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Golfsallot
Hi I am new here. My first post. But funny enough in a not so funny way that is exactly what happened to my car. It is still in the shop but that is pretty much what the guys told me.

I have another issue it is in the shop for though. I was having issues with the battery not holding a charge. Initially I replaced the battery as it was old and past the time it should have lasted anyway and one morning I go out and it doesn't have enough power to crank the motor over. I jump it take it in get a new battery. Couple days go buy. Go to start it. Dead and I mean dead as a doornail.

I'm thinking hmm brand new battery I must have left the dome light on or something. Jump it day later dead again. I take it back to Autozone which is where I bough the battery tell them the thing won't hold a charge it must be bad. They test it and the alternator both test fine but they replace the battery anyway. Few days go by. Dead as a doornail again.

I'm thinking no way I got too bad batteries in a row. Probably have better chances of winning the lottery. I call AAA they come out jump it. test the battery and the alternator everything test fine. So a day later dead again. I mean won't even unlock the doors.

I didn't have time to take it anywhere so I bought a jump box to get me by for a couple days and it gets to the point it won't last an hour after jumping it.

I finally take it in and they spend like 2 days trying to figure out the problem. Turns out they are telling me there is a short in the stereo amplifier that is drawing like (I don't know the number) allot of amps and is just draining the battery. The two guys working on it have 30 years of Lexus experience between them and had never seen that happen. So a new amp is like $1,000.

I got on ebay and bough one used for less than $40. Waiting for it to be delivered to them and installed. My issue is it doesn't make any sense to me that the amp would be drawing power with the car off, and key removed? I wasn't willing to throw $1000-$1500 at the problem only to find out its not the problem.

Anyone got anything? Help me out?
not to **** on you or nothin... but try starting a new thread with this problem... im just tryin to fix my problem with my car... LOLz... best of luck figuring out your problem...