IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

NEW MOD!!! Carbon Fiber Engine Pieces

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-03, 05:57 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NEW MOD!!! Carbon Fiber Engine Pieces

Hey guys, check out my latest mod to the car. These pieces are from www.IPTmotorsports.com and are a true carbon fiber mold. All I can say is that these pieces are incredible and fit perfect. I'm hoping to get the rest of the engine pieces in a few weeks. The manifold cover comes shipped with the Lexus logo already on and it's wrapped in a velvet cover with a IPT motorsports logo. Not only are there products outstanding but there customer service has been great. (respond to e-mails within 1 day) Right now they only have engine pieces for the GS/IS300 models but are now working on development for the GS400/430 pieces. Also I've been told that they are in the works of developing different colors for the pieces too. (later down the road). Currently they are offering a discount for clublexus members only. If you have any questions, PM me and I will be glad to answer all your questions and tell you who the contact person is at IPT motorsports. Thanks...

BTW: The VVT-i logo does not come with the cam cover. I found it on ebay... hehe
Attached Thumbnails NEW MOD!!! Carbon Fiber Engine Pieces-ken-s-car-pictures-002.jpg  

Last edited by LXOGOOD; 02-18-03 at 06:12 PM.
Old 02-19-03, 12:01 PM
Turbo'd_Wxman
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great dude. I approached IPT about 6 months ago about the idea of carbon fiber underhood pieces. When I first spoke with Parker at IPT he seemed excited about the idea and the final results speak for themselves. I am glad clublexus members are taking advantage of it. I am not sure, but you may even be able to searcha and find some of the posts from a few months ago.

Again, looking good bud.
Old 02-19-03, 05:17 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Turbo'd_Wxman: Actually it was your post several months ago that got me in on the group buy. If it wasn't for your post about the C.F. I would have never known. Since then I've been talking with the guys over there at IPT about some GS400/430 stuff. So in reality, Thank You for posting pics and shedding light on this awesome company.
Old 02-20-03, 09:10 AM
Turbo'd_Wxman
Pole Position

Originally posted by LXOGOOD
Turbo'd_Wxman: Actually it was your post several months ago that got me in on the group buy. If it wasn't for your post about the C.F. I would have never known. Since then I've been talking with the guys over there at IPT about some GS400/430 stuff. So in reality, Thank You for posting pics and shedding light on this awesome company.
I am glad you got in on them too. They are a really great group of guys over at IPT.
Old 02-20-03, 12:20 PM
Lexus_Rex
Rookie

what a waste of money
Old 02-20-03, 11:36 PM
Inochi3
Driver School Candidate

i'm glad to see that your pieces fit perfectly, i've heard other reviews about the pieces not fitting properly and in some cases, the holes not aligning properly but i'm glad to see that you got a good set

also, why did they go with a different pattern on the cam cover and engine cover
Old 02-21-03, 08:49 AM
Turbo'd_Wxman
Pole Position

Originally posted by Lexus_Rex
what a waste of money
Thanks for you useless post.
Old 02-21-03, 08:54 AM
Turbo'd_Wxman
Pole Position

Originally posted by Inochi3
i'm glad to see that your pieces fit perfectly, i've heard other reviews about the pieces not fitting properly and in some cases, the holes not aligning properly but i'm glad to see that you got a good set

also, why did they go with a different pattern on the cam cover and engine cover
I will not get into the details regarding the people, but the fitament was never an issue. I hvae seen those pieces and they fit perfectly. Sometimes people just like to gripe. I personally have seen some people on these forums gripe about every last thing they have purchased. There was also a concern about the ecu cover not sealing. The ecu cover is supposed to go over the stock cover. Of course since someone just put it on it wouldn't work. If people do not install something properly and then it doesn't fit, they start typing all this garbage about how it doesn't fit. Just amazing sometimes to me.
Old 02-21-03, 09:05 AM
Inochi3
Driver School Candidate

well i'm glad to hear that it was the installer's error when installing these pieces, i'm not trying to dog ipt cause i have never seen their products in person
Old 02-21-03, 11:39 AM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

definitely a nice look....... kinda pricy though. I guess you gotta pay the price for real carbon. Nice.
Old 03-08-03, 08:08 AM
SandRock
Lead Lap

It had to be the one piece I want had to be the most expensive. Im not finished with the outside of my whip yet. So Ill wait to see what the colors look like.
Old 03-08-03, 06:59 PM
99SHlude
Rookie

Wow, carbon fiber. Must be expensive. Looks great though.
Old 01-13-05, 06:54 AM
ted920
Lexus Champion

I've called their office but nobody is ever there.

Does anyone know if this company is still in business and if they are active or have they gone out of business?

Ted
Old 01-13-05, 08:59 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i am not sure man, at lesat they have pretty much gotten out of clublexus
Old 01-13-05, 06:53 PM
vboy418
Lexus Champion

looks sweet bro good stuff!

Quick Reply: NEW MOD!!! Carbon Fiber Engine Pieces